2011 Liberty

2011 Jeep Liberty

2011 Jeep Liberty

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Jeep Liberty?

A Great Vehicle!

by deaman49 from USA on Fri Jun 01 2012

The 2011 Jeep Liberty is an excellent Vehicle, and you have to remember that it is a Jeep, not a BMW! Let's address some things. First, it is made to go offroad, hence the Spartan interior which looks nice, and is easier to clean than a Luxury Interior would be. It is made so it can be cleaned if it gets dirty, period. Second, it is a 4X4, thus built solidly, and rides stiffly, like a truck. It is supposed to, and it is safe! Third, it isn't a Sports Car, it's a JEEP, and it performs like it is supposed to. The gas mileage isn't great, but never has been. If you are buying a Jeep, it isn't for gas mileage. The ride is stiff, but not overly so and the car corners well. Fourth, the exterior looks good to me. Sort of like a Baby Hummer to my wife, and she loves the looks and driving it. Fifth, the exterior seems fine to me, as well as the interior. The leg room front and back is fine and as far as I'm concerned makes a great small Family car. It is entirely functionable. Sixth, it is a great vehicle and serves the purpose for which it was made. A vehicle capable of going offroad to your favorite camping, fishing, or hunting spots to have fun with the family. It will also keep you going through deep snow, mud, or other inclement weather and get you to your destination safely. You might feel a couple of bumps, but so what. It looks good, rides and handles fine. The radio works great as does the Air Conditioner, brakes, engine etc. It's a Jeep, and if you want that kind of vehicle, it's for you. If you want a Luxury Car, it isn't, it is that simple. You buy the type of vehicle you want and can't expect every vehicle to meet every need or desire.

Liberty receives a bad rap

by orionsbelt77 from Burnsville, Minnesota on Tue May 26 2015

So, the Liberty does not perform like a Corvette in acceleration? Huh...I wonder if the same "expert" reviewers wonder why the Corvette is so poor offroad? The Liberty has excellent visibility all the way around, you can see the end of the hood, the dashboard is not three feet thick, you do not have to scroll through a touchscreen to turn up the heat or ac. The cargo area is hip height, which means no back breaking lowering or lifting from a deep trunk well. The interior surfaces are easy to clean. (The experts like their surfaces as marshmallows, so they can massage their way down the road). Mileage for me in winter temps on a 400 round trip, was 22.8 mpg. My '04 Explorer did not fare as well. I love this Jeep! I love the looks of it and the functionality, as well as the off road capability. It drives smooth as silk down the highway.....a bit jolting on rough roads, but then this is a jeep and its suspension tells you so, but who wants to bottom out when the going gets rough? All in all, this is a very capable suv in all weather conditions, unlike the crossovers, with comfort and convenience not found in previous Jeep lines. My Jeep? A 2011 70th anniversary edition Liberty.

Uses car for Off-roading

Give Me Liberty... or a Grand Cherokee... Both #1!

by Jeep Lover from Lake George, NY on Sun Feb 27 2011

After enjoying our 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit (the latest full-size JGC) & feeling generous, I gave the JGC to my wife on our anniversary. In turn, I traded her older Jeep Liberty Limited for a 2011 Liberty. Again, the top-of-the-line Limited. The '11 is a quantum leap over her five year old version, although that Liberty was 100% reliable. Despite enjoying our many previous Jeeps, the 2011 models are the best in the business. Everyone was greatly improved for '11. Here, I will elaborate on my trouble-free Liberty V6. It is: extremely roomy; well built; excellent riding, handling and driving; featuring unstoppable 4x4 traction; best in class gas mileage; and the most refined vehicle in its class. It comes nicely equipped & is more substantial than the higher priced Chevy, GMC, Ford & Toyota SUV's we briefly considered. These factors and our years of Jeep ownership and unparalleled customer care sold us, especially with the family's #1 experience with are Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, Lincoln MKX and Ford Explorer-beating 2011 JGC Overland Summit. Even looking at those nice choices and others before ordering the Grand Cherokee quickly led us back to the Chrysler-Jeep dealership we started off with. The best thing about the Liberty is its trailrated designation by Jeep and sense of untold safety transporting my wife and young children in the worst weather and road conditions out there.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Vehicle

by DeerHunter from Texas on Tue Nov 23 2010

I have had my 2011 Jeep Liberty about 2 months now and really have nothing bad to say about it. I get compliments on it every where I go & it is fun to drive. I am averaging a little over 18 mpg in town & around 26 on the road, not bad for its towing capacity. I haven't really tested the "off road" limits, but did not have a problem going down an unpaved road, after a storm, in 2 wheel drive.

3rd time around

by Bob from Ct on Sun Sep 18 2011

I've had a 1991 Cherokee Laredo which I sold with 196k mis., ran excellent up to the day I sold it and unstoppable in all New England weather conditions. Also had a 2001 Cherokee Sport, sold at 124k, again unstoppable and reliable. Why wouldn't I buy a 3rd? I was pleasantly surprised with the 2011 Liberty Sport. The quiet and comfort is a huge change over my last two. That's not saying I didn't love my Cherokees. They're really trucks: solid front axles, worm and gear steering, straight six 4.0 engine, drum rear brakes, etc. It's just that now I have Jeep performance and reliability along with more comfort and roominess and quiet as added bonuses and it's built tough enough to be trail rated. If the 3.7 v-6 holds up like the old 4.0 I-6 I'll be thrilled. Bottom line, it's built in Toledo, Ohio, USA!!!!!!!!!! I don't consider myself a redneck but I do believe in supporting our own economy and for the price for what you get, it's a no brainer for my needs.

I like that car

by 'amr from Egypt on Wed Jun 01 2011

In my country Egypt, jeep has been locally assembled for more than a 3 decades. This car has its reputation for being robist and reliable. As for the 2010 model it is my first Jeep. The car drives very nicely, feels very tough and rugged like a tank and drives very smooth motor, gearbox. As for the suspention it the best liberty ever, cause it is comfy and quite dynamic as compared to the previous models. The only two drawbacks for this car is the rear sea that is not comfy in the long travel and the AC is not very effective sometimes. In my opinion the 2010 model is the best Liberty ever made and a wonderful driving experience.

Great Car!

by Wyochat from Wyoming on Mon Feb 13 2012

We have had Jeep Cherokees in the past and absolutly love what Jeep has done with the new Liberty. It has a lot of power and handles very well. Hides the freeway and high speed wind and road noises very well (for a truck). Has a rock solid frame and suspension absorbs bumps well. Interior is very comfortable and roomy. We are an outdoors family and love its capabilities. Great all around car/SUV! Only draw back is the 4 speed transmission. Why they don't have a 5 or 6 speed I don't know. Probably would help with the MPG. (we get around 22 hwy)

Happy 1st Time Jeep Owner

by Chris from White Hall, MD on Thu Apr 03 2014

I purchased a used 2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 model from a local dealer in Maryland about a month ago and have enjoyed my experience with it so far. It's got 37,000 miles on it and is black with tan leather interior and the nice chrome styled wheels. I've been driving a 2004 Scion XB manual transmission that averaged 37 mpg's so the only negative for me is with the Liberty I'm averaging 18 mpg's in mostly suburban driving. The Liberty is very comfortable, quiet and has all the options I wanted for a reasonable price. We just went through one of the worst winters in a long time snow wise here in MD and I wish I'd found it sooner. All the reviews from online experts are down on the Liberty but for me it is everything I could ask for in a smaller 4x4. Plus it's an manly looking American made Jeep! I use it to haul all my band equipment in with the rear seats folded down and it swallows up everything for me.

1st Jeep

by JoeyD from Windsor Locks, CT on Wed Apr 17 2013

I really like my jeep. Its very basic however. Over the winter we had that horrible blizzard in CT and this truck had NO problems. It was actually fun to watch all the wanna be plastic SUV's try to drive in 3 feet of snow. Perfect size for a small family. High clearance.Smooth ride. Feels very solid. Only problem i have with the jeep is gas mileage. I do a lot of driving so it hurts to have to fill this thing up every 5 days. Im 6'2" and have the driver seat all the way back but i still fit comfortably. Only used 4 wheel drive 2 times over the winter. Even with snow on the ground 2wd worked just fine. Not a lot of cargo space however so i would recommend this vehicle to someone who will not use the cargo space very much.

new jeep

by doglvr from ohio on Wed May 11 2011

I was contemplating a used nissan xterra, but for the same price of a 2007 xterra i was able to buy a brand new jeep liberty with roughly the same features. love it!

1 2 3 4 5 6