2016 Renegade

2016 Jeep Renegade

2016 Jeep Renegade

4.4

Have You Driven the 2016 Jeep Renegade?

Funtastic

by Hill Country from Kentucky on Sat Sep 19 2015

Very nice styling. Handles well and has lots of zip. Extremely happy with this Jeep. Drive over lots of rural country roads and love the way it hugs the curves.

Great Looking Replacement Car

by JeepGirl from Middle Island, NY on Thu Jul 14 2016

I fell in love with the Renegade on sight and bought it without taking it for a test drive. People are constantly complimenting its great look and color. I Love the sedan-like ride. Highly recommend this car.

My first Jeep!

by Melanie from Delanson, NY on Thu Jul 07 2016

I have always been a Chevy person. Purchased my first Jeep and couldn't be happier. Smooth ride, roomy and very multi functional... great experience at the dealership....

So far it is awesome!

by St. Augustine from St. Augustine, FL on Wed Apr 05 2017

I haven't had it long, but so far it is great! I was looking for a compact suv, and compared this vehicle with the HR-V, Juke, CX-5, Soul, and 500X. they all had features I really loved, but this vehicle had the best balance of the things most important to me (driving height, comfort, cargo room, mpg). My only wish would be for better MPG, but it is still an improvement over what I was driving.

Love It!

by Armand "outdoorsman" from New Hampshire on Sat Dec 10 2016

I just experienced my 1st drive in the snow, fantastic response. the Renegade is stylish, compact and lots of fun to drive. I wish it were zippier and the side pockets on either door were larger and deeper. Bottom line I love it. Cu does to Kelley sales in Springfield Vt. No pressure and the overall experience was as good as it gets when buying a vehicle.

really sssoooweeet!

by new renegade owner from Booneville Arkansas on Sun Sep 13 2015

I love my new renegade latitude. I use it to go to work and trips for groceries and fun. I have had numerous compliments on it. I searched for the right vehicle and feel I made the right decision.

glad to be back in a jeep

by new owner from Booneville Arkansas on Mon Sep 07 2015

I love my new renegade. I love the hands free Bluetooth connect for my phone. I love the back up camera. I love the six speed manual transmission. I love this car

Least reliable car ive own.

by Dee P from Peoria IL on Fri Apr 28 2017

Within the first month of owning the 2016 jeep renegade limited, the engine had an issue. I took it in and they took their sweet time at sam leman dodge in peoria. Finay got it back barely 2 months later i had an AC issue, outside temp was 82 and the AC was blowing 79 degrees "gas" air at me. It was hissing and grinding. Took it in to Jeep and they told me "its working normal, this is how jeep has it, we are ECO friendly ". Well u can go ahead and keep your "eco friendly" jeep because nobody wants a car that has no AC in the summer are u kidding me? And then comes to find out the compressor was having issues and the thermostat,, barely 11 months of driving on an "eco" friendly jeep. Everything went to sh** real quick. I decided im never going jeep again. Go Honda!

Does not recommend this car!!

Renegade grows on you

by Jumpin' Jim from Sumter, South Carolina on Fri Jun 02 2017

Before researhing the Jeep Renegade, I kind of scoffed at it being a 'toy' Jeep. However I looked into it and found reviews that touted its off-road ability compared to most small SUVs. I did not get a four-wheel version, and I skipped the automatic transmission, which many reviewed criticized. The six-speed standard transmission give it a sporty feel and makes it fun to drive, although having a six speed took some getting used to. It will cruise along in fourth or fifth gear at highway speed, and you have to look at the tach to realize you need to upshift. Because of that, at first I was only getting about 23 mpg overall, but learning to use the tranny better has me up to about 26 in mixed driving. I haven't really tested it on a long highway trip yet. It has some really nice touches in the interior. I got the typical three-knob heating and air conditioning control, and it is well designed so you can adjust it by feel without taking your eyes off the road. The automatic parking brake is also a nice feature, and may something that should be standard on every car. There have been a few small issues, such as an check engine light that came on during the first couple of months, the dealership was supposed to order a part but I never heard from them and the light stopped coming on. The driver's door lock does not work automatically, which I think is a programming problem. It hasn't been annoying enought to take it in to have it fixed, however. The longer I drive it the easier it is to like.

Very Friendly

by Faith from Portland on Tue Sep 13 2016

Very Friendly!!! I was on a time crunch and they all worked with me very well!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2016 Jeep Renegade

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2015 about the 2015 Jeep Renegade. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Jeep purists might smirk, thinking the Renegade has a fitting name, but this subcompact SUV is no Benedict Arnold: It delivers big-time off-road performance in Trailhawk form without sacrificing on-road driving refinement.

The Renegade shares its platform with the Fiat 500L. That may seem an unlikely starting point for an off-road-capable Jeep, but there are significant differences between the two. Within the Jeep family, the Italian-built Renegade is shorter and... Read More