2017 Wrangler Unlimited

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

#4 Most Popular SUV/Crossover
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Have You Driven the 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

First Time Jeep Woner, Love It

by MN from Pasadena, MD on Tue Mar 21 2017

I have had the Wrangler barely a month, but love it so far. I have high marks for reliability, so hopefully that still holds true 10 years from now. So far I love everything about it. I recently converted from an Xterra, and was worried about how the Jeep would ride, wind issues, etc. Honestly though, it's much smoother than I ever expected. I'm also stoked to have a manual transmission once again! I wouldn't recommend the Wrangler to everyone, but to anyone whoever even slightly considered or even had the tiniest inkling to get one, I definitely say go for it. I've been staring at Jeeps go by for over 20 years and am so happy with my decision to finally get one!

Jeep review

by Reelwarren from Solon on Sat Mar 11 2017

Great vehicle to own. Will enjoy my vehicle as long as I own it. It was a vehicle that I always wanted and am glad I was able to finally get it.

Love it!!

by Mfab from on Mon Mar 13 2017

Love my new jeep! This is the second one I've owned! Great in the snow and fun in summer! I'd definitely build my own again! I purchased the new color in gobi!!! I've gotten a lot of compliments.

Great, attractive car!

by JonM from Woodland Hills, CA on Mon Mar 20 2017

Love this vehicle as its rugged and roomy while being an absolutely comfortable ride. It handles both off-roading and highway driving with the same high level performance.

Many JK improvements

by Mopac from Columbus, Ohio on Thu Jul 20 2017

I just Replaced my beloved '07 Wrangler X with a new '17 Unlimited Sport. Everything is familiar but much improved. Engine and drivetrain are silky smooth. The pentastar engine is quiet, with lots more torque, and improved gas Mileage. Styling is perfect and unchanged. 4 seats and more cargo space is something I have wanted for a long time. Excellent visibility. The rear seats in my '07 X were just too hard for an adult to access, with hardtop on. Small complaint is the near vertical seat backs for the unlimited's rear seats. Ride is much improved, I'm sure the longer wheelbase accounts for a chunk of that. I love the Sport model with manual trans, manual crank windows, manual door locks, unpainted black plastic fenders and bumpers. Just enough interior creature comforts without a massive amount of tech/electronics to eventually act up after 100,000 miles or so. Rugged appearance and reality. I plan to keep it for a long time.

out of 5 starsReliability

Vehicle meets my specific need

by PhilP from Massena, ny on Sun May 07 2017

I bought the Wrangle specifically to use at on trails and light off-roading in the Adirondacks. It was the only vehicle that met the performance and size I was looking for. The ride and fuel economy isn't great, but it's a fair trade off for a vehicle that meets my needs.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom edition

by Jeep Girl from Kokomo, Indiana on Tue Apr 25 2017

So far I am happy with my new jeep. No issues to report at this time. My only complaint is they need to redesign the cupholders so that 2 cups easily fit and you can get them in and out without tipping them. Also for the money spent you should be able to get more features like heated steering wheel and auto headlights.

FunCar

by ADB from New York on Tue May 02 2017

It's going to be a hoot to drive, looks great, and we'll keep it in the family forever. Lifetime warranty is unheard of.

Best Vehicle owned!

by Jeep Pope from Port Jefferson Station, NY on Tue Jan 02 2018

Best Vehicle ever bought. I've had a Mercedes SL 500, Mustang Cobra, Wrx Wagon , Subaru SVX, Prius, Civic, Maxima SE, and a 300 ZX Twin Turbo. The Wrangler has the options to take the door and top off. Best in inclement weather. I would buy another one in the future.

Dependable & Safe

by CS73 from Evansville, WI on Wed Aug 22 2018

My Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara Unlimited is one of the best vehicles I have owned. There is alot of leg room in the front & back, rides smoothly, isn't bad for gas mileage...averaging 22 miles per gallon and is alot of fun, being able to take off the roof. I haven't gone off-roading yet, but plan to try it some day. The only thing that I would say is not the best with my Jeep, is that the front drivers seat is not the most comfortable for my back, but I fixed that with buying a support pillow to keep behind me. Now it is perfect. I would definately recommend buying one of the Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 doors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The verdict:

The 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon remains the best worst new car you can buy — loud, unpleasant, inefficient, uncomfortable and expensive, but able to scale tall mountains in a single bound and look ridiculously cool while doing it.

Versus the competition:

Nothing on the market combines the Wrangler's iconic style and reputation with its go-anywhere abilities, open-air fun and legions of fanatically loyal owners — which is why Jeep charges whatever it wants for the Wrangler.

Editor's note: This review for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock was written in December 2016. For 2017, Jeep has added a new trim level above the Rubicon, the Rubicon Recon Limited Edition, with beefier axle and differential components, plus new graphics inside and out. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or click here to compare the two model years.

There's really nothing quite like a Jeep Wrangler. That's not an exaggerated claim, either; it's the only body-on-frame SUV on the market with two live axles and doors that not only come off, they're easily removable. We're about to see an all-new Wrangler introduced for 2018, so we figured one... Read More