2013 Optima

2013 Kia Optima

2013 Kia Optima

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Optima?

Kia Got the Optima Right - 150K miles or far

by Highway Traveler from Asheboro, NC on Thu Dec 22 2016

I bought a new 2013 Optima EX that I have averaged ~ 42000 miles annually for business travel. This is my second Kia after driving a 2004 Sorento for ~350K miles (still have it and now has 390K). I just hit the 150K mile mark on the Optima so I thought it would be good to write a review. First the good. My Optima has had no mechanical issues so far. None. I have only changed the oil every 5000 miles or so, I've replaced the tires twice, windshield wipers, and just replaced the original brakes. I haven't even had a single light bulb go out. The Interior looks new (heck many claim it still smells new...) and the exterior is holding up well though it does have a few gravel dings on the nose. Can't help that. To me the ride is firm, almost sporty and I find the car, while not a powerhouse is very satisfying to drive, even for hours on end which I often do. I think the 2011-2015 Styling was spot on, and, honestly, while I am sure it is a fine car, I think the new 2016-17 re-styling is toned down to the point of being too generic and boring. That is just my Opinion. Now the not so good. While I have little to complain about on the Optima, my biggest disappointment has been in the fuel mileage expectations. The sticker claims that the Optima can achieve 35 MPG on the highway, which is virtually all the driving I do, but over the life of the car, I rarely see over 31 MPG per tank and my average is probably right at 30 MPG and that is not with any aggressive driving. While I know this may sound like whining and 30MPG is not really that bad, 35MPG was an expectation and I simply don't think it is achievable. I?ve tried. What gets me, though, is that the reported MPG on the dash consistently reports about 1.5 MPG higher than what I actually get. I don?t think that is by chance. Also, my wife thinks that there is a ?Blind Spot? created by the rear pillar and slope of the roof line. While I haven?t noticed it, you may want to check it out for yourself. So, the bottom line is that, for me, the Kia Optima really is a great car. The Korean car brands have not only matched, in many cases they have surpassed most major car brands, even luxury ones, in terms of quality, design and reliability. In general, I get very positive comments on my car. I certainly now hear a lot fewer negative comments like "yeah, but it is a KIA" than I did 10 years ago when I first got my Sorento. Anyone who discounts the brand as cheap or substandard simply is just misinformed. Just look at serious industry reports from groups like JD Power, Consumer reports, etc. It is not a matter of "Hoping" that my Optima will make it to 300K miles, I fully expect it to.

Great car

by I'm loving it from Sioux City IA on Sun Jan 26 2014

My Kia Optima really has out performed all my expectations. The drive on long trips is very comfortable and you feel safe as you drive. The stylish appeal of the lines are amazing. This Kia has performed well in extreme weather changes from 100+ degrees to -25 degrees I am very pleased at how it handles in 1 foot of snow. This is better than I expected to say the least.

great Car

by Bluephrog from Burlington, Vermont on Sat Mar 01 2014

I've owned a 2012 LX now for 2 years and 33K miles. I love this car. My wife complained about the low passenger seat and I had to buy her a cushion so she could see out. Had to replace the OEM tires but really not that unhappy about it since the OEM's were less than ideal. Poor traction in ANY kind of weather. I have General RT43's now and they are great and really make the car a quieter and more comfortable ride, also much better in snow and rain. I have had NO problems with the car and get 36 mpg on my trips (650 miles) to Pittsburgh, PA. The audio system works well and really like the blue tooth for hands free cell calling.

Love My Kia

by Love My Kia from Gering, NE on Thu Jan 30 2014

I love my Kia Optima. Everything about it is great from the fuel mileage to the way it looks. I would recommend THIS car to any one! Did I mention I love this car?

Very Satisfied

by lucky lucy from Kings Park on Thu Nov 21 2013

This is my first Kia I every purchased, I've always stuck with Nissan. I decided one day to stop at Kia and take the 2013 Optima EX out for a test drive. I have to say the minute I sat in the car I fell in love with it. It has such a smooth ride. This car is very reliable. (Decided to get the one that is fully loaded) Heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, seats position in memory for driver #1 and driver #2. No problems at all with this car, I would def recommend this car to anyone interested in purchasing or leasing a Kia. The sales people and finance manager over at Smithtown Kia were very helpful and not pushy at all. Very satisfied customer!

Not the same Kia as before

by Love my kia from Colorado on Fri May 23 2014

I never thought i would buy a Kia. Probably bc i was old enough to remember the low end cars they started with. This car however is amazing. I was in the market with an open mind to find the best value. After driving Infiniti, Honda, Acura and Toyota, I was sold on the Optima. The car is beautiful, with great space inside and awesome gas mileage. The car is quiet, and though only a 4 cylinder, its pick up is much better than my old v-6. Dont waste your money on the higher end brands, your just paying for the name.. For the quality and warranty that came with my car, I have no regrets at all!

best new car we've ever owned

by mid size family car enthusiast from Montgomery,Tx. on Thu Jan 24 2013

my wife and i have owned several new and used cars,but our 2013 kia optima is by far,the best looking-the best performing,and the best everything!Everywhere we go there is a lot of head turning! People are really looking at this car.All our friends think it is a beautiful car,inside and out-and has plenty of room. I think its the best car we've purchased and will recommend the optima to anyone!

Wonderful Interior!!

by Optima Fan from Bonaire, Georgia on Fri Oct 05 2012

My husband and I have always been big Honda fans, and recently test drove the Accord and the Optima. We were soooooo impressed with the new Optimas, that we chose it over the Accord! We absolutely love our Optima! It's been an excellent car!! Superior in every aspect!! ~ Super smooth, dependable, and luxurious!!

More than expected

by Chiphd3 from Chicago, IL on Mon Apr 01 2013

Moved from an '03 Infinity G35 to an Optima EX w/ Premium package. Doesn't move like a G but expected that. Didn't expect a 2.4L to move like this one does though! And at 25 average MPG and 31 MPG highway it's a no brainer to move into this vehicle at almost half of what a G goes for today. Extremely satisfied!!!

A Perfect Upgrade

by Cyx from Nashua, NH on Sun Dec 30 2012

Coming from an '03 Hyundai Elantra GT, I wanted to get into a midsize sedan with a little more luxury and power. So far, my Optima SXL is all that and more. The exterior is drop-dead gorgeous and the interior is a nice place to be with leather heated and cooled seats in front, a driver-tilted center-stack and great quality materials. I have only had the vehicle for 500 miles, but so far everything is solid. Love the power that comes from that 4-cylinder, its hard to believe its not a 6. My only grievances are: 1) Driver headroom can be tight (I'm 6'3'') 2) Rear window is small 3) So far I haven't managed to hit anywhere near the EPA estimates on fuel economy (Averaging around 20MPG) I will check on this with the dealer soon. Other than that, this car is everything I wanted and more. For the price, you simply can't beat what you get. For the nay-sayers that think KIA is still stone-aged with their vehicles, I say try an Optima SXL

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23