2013 Optima

2013 Kia Optima

2013 Kia Optima

Have You Driven the 2013 Kia Optima?

Great car

by I'm loving it from Sioux City IA on Sun Jan 26 2014

My Kia Optima really has out performed all my expectations. The drive on long trips is very comfortable and you feel safe as you drive. The stylish appeal of the lines are amazing. This Kia has performed well in extreme weather changes from 100+ degrees to -25 degrees I am very pleased at how it handles in 1 foot of snow. This is better than I expected to say the least.

great Car

by Bluephrog from Burlington, Vermont on Sat Mar 01 2014

I've owned a 2012 LX now for 2 years and 33K miles. I love this car. My wife complained about the low passenger seat and I had to buy her a cushion so she could see out. Had to replace the OEM tires but really not that unhappy about it since the OEM's were less than ideal. Poor traction in ANY kind of weather. I have General RT43's now and they are great and really make the car a quieter and more comfortable ride, also much better in snow and rain. I have had NO problems with the car and get 36 mpg on my trips (650 miles) to Pittsburgh, PA. The audio system works well and really like the blue tooth for hands free cell calling.

Love My Kia

by Love My Kia from Gering, NE on Thu Jan 30 2014

I love my Kia Optima. Everything about it is great from the fuel mileage to the way it looks. I would recommend THIS car to any one! Did I mention I love this car?

Very Satisfied

by lucky lucy from Kings Park on Thu Nov 21 2013

This is my first Kia I every purchased, I've always stuck with Nissan. I decided one day to stop at Kia and take the 2013 Optima EX out for a test drive. I have to say the minute I sat in the car I fell in love with it. It has such a smooth ride. This car is very reliable. (Decided to get the one that is fully loaded) Heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, seats position in memory for driver #1 and driver #2. No problems at all with this car, I would def recommend this car to anyone interested in purchasing or leasing a Kia. The sales people and finance manager over at Smithtown Kia were very helpful and not pushy at all. Very satisfied customer!

Not the same Kia as before

by Love my kia from Colorado on Fri May 23 2014

I never thought i would buy a Kia. Probably bc i was old enough to remember the low end cars they started with. This car however is amazing. I was in the market with an open mind to find the best value. After driving Infiniti, Honda, Acura and Toyota, I was sold on the Optima. The car is beautiful, with great space inside and awesome gas mileage. The car is quiet, and though only a 4 cylinder, its pick up is much better than my old v-6. Dont waste your money on the higher end brands, your just paying for the name.. For the quality and warranty that came with my car, I have no regrets at all!

Kia Got the Optima RIght

by Highway Traveler in Asheboro from Asheboro, NC on Thu Dec 27 2018

I wrote a review here previously on my 2013 Kia Optima EX at 150K Miles in which I found the car to have great styling and reliability and the only primary fault I had with it was that I averaged 30 MPG on a car that is rated to get 35 MPG on the sticker. I must provide an update at 225K miles on an event that happened this past year. As I mentioned previously, I had zero mechanical issues at 150K miles but at 199,300 miles, the engine essentially self-destructed failing victim to a defect involving the connecting rod bearing in which there is an active recall campaign. Though initially very disappointed, what happened next has likely made me a KIA customer for life. After having the car towed to Battleground KIA in Greensboro, I received a phone call from their service department apologizing for the inconvenience and that a new engine was on the way, and would be replaced free of charge within the week. No arguing, no fuss, no calling KIA corporate or anything. The manner in which KIA and the dealer responded to this was incredibly courteous and professional. I honestly did not expect this on a car which was 100K miles PAST the warranty. From what I understand, this defect that has prompted the voluntary recall impacts a relatively small number of vehicles. Only 2-3% will experience this issue, but KIA is absolutely standing behind their product at great expense to them. I also understand that this applies even if the car is bought used. Several years ago, at 160K miles, the transmission went out on our Japanese brand minivan known for their "Quality" and the response by the dealer in that case was "Wow, you made it to 160K miles, you must have got a good one". To this day that response still unsettles me. No effort was ever made in that case to remedy or to help as the car was well past its warranty. To use their own marketing rhetoric against them..."Don't settle for anything less than a KIA, I didn't" ...and I am happy about that.

Wonderful Interior!!

by Optima Fan from Bonaire, Georgia on Fri Oct 05 2012

My husband and I have always been big Honda fans, and recently test drove the Accord and the Optima. We were soooooo impressed with the new Optimas, that we chose it over the Accord! We absolutely love our Optima! It's been an excellent car!! Superior in every aspect!! ~ Super smooth, dependable, and luxurious!!

Good choice

by Camaro Guy from Millwaukee, WI on Tue Aug 20 2013

Well, I did trade in a 2010 Camaro 2LT for this Kia Optima SX. I don't regret the decision one bit. I don't even miss the Camaro at all! I really enjoy driving the Optima, took it on vacation from Wisconsin to Oregon and back. It was very comfortable and got very good fuel mileage. And has plenty of power when you need it. I would recommend it. And it's one of the best looking cars around too!!

More than expected

by Chiphd3 from Chicago, IL on Mon Apr 01 2013

Moved from an '03 Infinity G35 to an Optima EX w/ Premium package. Doesn't move like a G but expected that. Didn't expect a 2.4L to move like this one does though! And at 25 average MPG and 31 MPG highway it's a no brainer to move into this vehicle at almost half of what a G goes for today. Extremely satisfied!!!

A Welcome Upgrade

by Mustapha63 from Birmingham, Alabama on Fri Aug 23 2013

I had been dissatisfied with my previous car (2012 Chevy Malibu) for some time and, intrigued by an ad from a local Kia dealer, decided to see if I could trade up. Was I ever glad that I tried! Both the Malibu and the Optima have four cylinder engines backed with a six-speed automatic transmission. My Malibu averaged around 25 mpg; the Optima gets around 32 mpg and that economy does not come with a sacrifice in driving enjoyment. The braking system on the Optima is remarkable, both in firmness and in directional stability. The engine delivers excellent power from around 2250 rpm up through 5000 rpm (have had no occasion to go higher). Five stars is almost not enough here. The styling of the car is striking from every angle. While it is similar to that of the Hyundai Sonata, the Sonata has a protrusion in the sheet metal that runs from the front fender behind the tire to the rear decklid which I did not like. The Optima does not have that and is, to me, more pleasing to the eye...or perhaps this eye at least. In terms of creature comforts, my base Optima (the GDI) offers satellite radio, bluetooth, power windows, power lumbar support, seats that, while manual, can be adjusted any number of ways, USB/AUX input plugs and the ability to route some of the cool or warm air from your climate system to the glove box to chill or heat the contents! The driving position is more than acceptably comfortable, even for us tall folk (I'm 6'6"), with the seats offering plenty of cushioning. The only reasons I could not give the interior the full five stars is the lack of a rear seat power outlet and the lack of a place to put coins (the Malibu, for all it lacked, did have both of those). In addition to the economy provided by 32mpg, the Optima uses regular oil (as opposed to synthetic) and uses plain old air in the tires (not nitrogen). Kia's warranty- 5 years or 100,000 miles limited- is among the very best on the market. I've experienced no problems at all so far (just hit 2000 miles). Five stars might be premature, but I can grade only on what I've experienced so far, and I have zero complaints. Performance, economy, comfort.....and in what is an entry-level family sedan price point.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27