2016 Optima

2016 Kia Optima

2016 Kia Optima

Have you driven the 2016 Kia Optima?

My Research Paid Off

by Mike2016 from Acworth, Georgia on Tue Dec 29 2015

After weeks of online research relating to safety, comfort, styling, and price, my wife and I were impressed with the courtesy and professionalism of the sales team who went over the standard features and each option we selected. After a week of driving in heavy city traffic, we are very impressed with the quiet and comfortable ride, the excellent mileage, and how much safer we feel with the blind spot sensors and rear-view video and cross-traffic sensors. The touch-screen and voice commands for the GPS, sound system, and other at-a-glance displays are user friendly, as well. We feel we got a great deal and that the time we invested in researching this purchase will pay dividends in savings for years to come.

2016 Optima SX

by Mayor from Long Island NY on Tue Feb 09 2016

My second Optima, coming out of a 2013 SXL into the 2016 SX. Big difference between the two. Ride is much better in the 2016. Nav and Haron Kardon audio system are very good. great interior design, not as sporty as the 2013 but well laid out. The display is big enough to have the nav and Sirius together side by side at the same time and you can still read both. One complaint is the Sirius traffic and weather services are buried in the menu system and not easily accessible while driving. The interior came in a brandywine leather. Great dark red wine color. fit and finish are excellent. heated steering wheel, blind side warning system, very well appointed for the middle model. Milage is very good, hit 33MPG on a road trip and it's not even broken in yet. One complaint,. We just had a snow storm and you turns can't lift the wiper up to clear the snow from around the arms, the hood blocks the arms from lifting so the well that the wipers are in froze solid with ice. You can always tell when they design a car in Calif. Also, make sure you request a spare tire kit. they come with tire inflation package which is useless if you have a blowout.

I had a wonderful experiance. :-)

by Sara Thompson from Lynchburg, Va on Mon May 25 2015

They went over the whole car with us which was so awesome. I would come back here in the future and get another vehicle. We had alot of fun test driving also. When we sat in the car it was so comfortable. The back seats are so comfortable that you can fall asleep.

So happy

by Ford from CT on Mon Mar 06 2017

I had been intrigued with the Kia Optima for a while, and when I went to check it out, I was really pleased. I bought the EX model. Though I was moving from an 8-cylinder to a 4-cylinder, I found that it has all I need under the hood. If I really need to punch it, the shift mode lets me get whatever I need. The inside is finished as nicely as a much more expensive car, and there are all the bells and whistles that I could ever want. The white paint job is beautiful, and the Sirius radio & speakers give me plenty of entertainment. Heated seats & steering wheel, back-up camera....it was a home run at under $28k.

Most comfortable car I've ever owned

by TheArtofBeer from Pittsburgh on Thu Mar 23 2017

If this review needed to be less than a sentence, I'd say this car is "well-rounded". Great value for the price, decent amount of power, and refined look. Very comfortable interior on the EX model. Fully powered leather seats, heated seats and steering wheel which is a dream! The technology in the car is ideal and intuitive. Extremely clear Bluetooth for my music and hands free phone calls. In addition, there are three USB ports and three 120V connectors (one of each in the backseat for passengers). It has a massive trunk.

Best bang for your buck!

by JoseC from Denver,co on Mon Jul 31 2017

I currently own this car and have driven it about 6k miles. I was originally going to buy a 320i BMW. At the end of the day I couldn't pass up on saving about 20 k in total price. Make no mistake the Kia is not a BMW but I believe for the money and all the bells and whistles included at 36k I would have to get an almost 60k 3 series. Also knowing I won't spend thousands of dollars on expensive service brings a lot peace of mind. Give this car a try it won't disappoint I have the sxl and love the car design and is a fun drive.

Optima

by Ronco from on Mon Apr 03 2017

Great car ,super comfortable, quiet ride, great gas mileage, love the styling. Has just enough features. Just wish it had heated mirrors.

Satisfied customer

by Ladytc from Herndon, VA on Thu Mar 09 2017

Love this car. It's comfort and ease on the road is great. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a reasonably priced car with a lot of bells and whistles

My 3rd Kia!

by Stephenie M from Lexington SC on Tue Mar 21 2017

I've owned a Kia Sedona, Sorento and now an Optima, and I will be buying another. I love the "luxury car" features you can get on Kia's without the luxury car price. The Optima handles exceptionally well and looks very sporty for a 4-door. All my Kia's have been very reliable. Would highly recommend!

Safest vehicle i have ever owned

by mnature12 from Memphis, Tennessee on Mon Jun 05 2017

I have owned two (2) 2016 Kia Optima's, thje first one was totaled in a T-Bone crash where a older ford Ranger pickup truck struck the passenger side just behind the B Piller and on the rear passenger door at about 45 MPH. My Wife was sitting on the passenger front seat at the time we were struck, the side curtain air bags deployed completely she only suffered 3 cracked ribs on her right side , it is our belief that the construction of the vehicle was of sufficient quality that prevented her from receiving much more severe damage, or fatal injuries. we replaced the car with an exact duplicate and cannot be more happy with it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Our Take on the 2016 Kia Optima

The newly redesigned 2016 Kia Optima, with its blend of driving dynamics and a well-thought-out interior, remains competitive in the absolutely cutthroat midsize sedan field.

The redesigned Optima's major improvements are under the skin: chassis tuning and an additional engine offering. For a newly redesigned car, though, the 2016 Optima doesn't look hugely different from the previous year's car. You can run through the rest of the changes here.

I drove a 2016 Kia Optima SXL for several hours around Aspen, Colo., over the Continental Divide and through Vail on a mix of winding mountain roads and interstate highway stretches. The Optima competes with similar body-type vehicles like the Ford Fusion... Read More