2009 Kia Rondo consumer reviews

side view of 2009 Rondo Kia
Explore the 2009 Rondo Kia
Shop the 2009 Rondo Kia
4.1

Would Definitely Recommend This Car!!

I have owned this car since 2009 and it is still running in 2020. I have used this car everyday to go to work as well as taken it to Florida and back. It is still running very well (as i have had oil changes regularly). The interior is very spacious and it has lots of storage.

3.0

Ok Car

Car is small after using all 7 seats, slow, accelerator to expensive, bad brakes it also has a tip-over risk. Handles poorly and has an issue with door not closing correctly.

No problems so far. Very reliable. 2009 Rondo.

Very roomy inside. Good on gas. Never had to get repairs except for the two factory recalls which we had no issues with. Bought new 2009 Rondo, still have it, 2019, over 140,000 miles and still going strong. Great car for the price.

1.7

Motor Blew Up

Worst car I ever owned, will never buy a Korean car again because of this example. Was the first brand new car I had ever bought, 6 years old and 130,000km, after warranty finished in Canada (if in US would have had 10yr or 100,000mile), connecting rod goes through side of block after shell bearing craters, value to zero.

4.1

Practical, economical, reliable

My family currently owns two 2009 Kia Rondos. I liked the first one so much that when it was time to get another car, I opted for more of the same. The safety features, Consumer Reports review and low price in class were what drew my attention to the 2009 Kia Rondo. I like how it's a mini minivan -- it's not low to the ground, so I can see over some of the other cars on the road (great for when you're in traffic). It's relatively small, so it's easily maneuverable -- parallel parking is a breeze. It's got standard features -- nothing really luxurious about it. Nevertheless, I really enjoy driving and riding in it. It's comfortable and fun.

1.9

Okay car

Car is okay but it has several performance issues. Pros: - Okay car - decent room - 7 seat but if you use all of them there is no room for luggage. Cons: - One of them is acceleration. - Too sensitive for the fuel cap..this gives "Check Engine Light" - Rust

Best car ever owned

Bought car in Tucson from Kia with 20k. Now has 113k on it. Other than tires, battery and a couple of bulbs, no problems. Just having some wheel bearing work to do but that's nothing as the car was driven hard. Now in Minnesota and handles ok in medium snow.

3.9

Solid reliable versatile wagon

We purchased this wagon pre-owned, one year old. We have owned it for seven years and have used it as a family vehicle and also my daughter used it later to commute to college. It performed well from the rainy weather of the Northwest to the heat of Dallas summers. AC is solid, no problems with an major systems at all. The Rondo is a great small family vehicle with the ability to seat five or seven and the option to use the hatchback for larger items when needed. We loved our little run run Rondo.

Extremely reliable.

This has been a very reliable car. My In-laws purchased the car new originally. We purchased it in 2016. Never had any problems or issues with this car.

Love my Kia - Hate the dealership (Bessada Kia)

~ Do not buy from Bessada Kia~ I did some of research before I decided to buy my Kia Rondo. I have not been disappointed. Even though it's a 2009 it is still running smoothly. It handles very well, is very comfortable and great on gas. I haven't had any issues, just the usual wear and tear. I love that it's so roomy for a small vehicle and can carry quite a bit when the seats are collapsed to widen the trunk space. ~Do Not Buy from Bessada Kia~