2006 Sedona

2006 Kia Sedona

2006 Kia Sedona

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Kia Sedona?

Good for the money

by razz from Georgi on Wed Jul 21 2010

It's a great van but it's a van. Easy to pack and the rear seats are easy to put up and down. The second row seats are heavy to move in and out of the vehicle - about 75 pounds! It drives ok, but like a van. It takes a while to heat or cool the inside but once cool (or warm) it's good. The mileage is about what's stated, max of 25 MPG

Great value

by My2Cents from Dallas, TX on Sat Apr 07 2007

Bought 2006 LX used couple of months ago, and costed me under $15K on the road. Did a lot of research, and this van is a great value for money. The engine packs quite a punch, especially during the start. I think the ability to deliver max torque at relatively low RPM is what makes it feel perky. It also handles very well. Anyway, very happy with the choice and did not find any negatives yet.

Kia Sedona Most Comfortable Mini-Van Of All

by Annie from McKinleyville CA on Sun Jan 23 2011

We wanted space, and better mileage, but comfort was most important to us. We test drove several minivans and I got in the backseat of each van, to make sure all the seats were comfortable, not just the front seats. It was VERY comfortable, and the reliability has been great. We've had just minor problems but both were covered under a recall. The windshield wipers quit squirting, and the rear doors would open, but were fixed under a recall. We are actually getting ready to trede in this one for a new one. Highly recommend!

Lap of Luxury

by H20SkiNut from Superior, WI on Sat Nov 18 2006

Actually enjoy driving this mini-van which was bought to suit my wife. Has good power, tons of features, is very comfortable and engine has not missed a beat in the 10K miles we have driven it. I have generally owned and driven European sedans and find the KIA comparable in design, fit, and finish. Love the heated seats, power pedals, and easy to reach controls. Have hauled a 3500 lb boat without complaint. The auto-stick is overkill but a blast to play with going up and down big hills, usually leave it on automatic. The Sedona impresses me as not only the best mini-van we have owned but one of the best vehicles. We get between 12 (city, 0.8 mile commutes) and 25 (summer trips at 75 mph) mpg. Dealer has been great with service and warranty work. Between van and sedans bought in last few years my wife, son, and I have 70,000 miles driving experience in KIAs ... originally bought as bargains but now believe deliver best value and a fine driving experience.

Perfect for small children

by Happy Mom from Canton, OH on Tue Jan 15 2008

This van has been a God send for our family of 5. The kids are happy to look out the many windows or watch movies and their bulky car seats still leave plenty of breathing room. The van's handling is superb. It reminds me of the grip I had with my Honda Civic. We still have not skidded even in black ice conditions knock on wood. Kia is true to their word on the warranty. We had to have an electrical system software update but everything was 100% covered as promised. My husband is 6' 5" and drives comfortably without feeling cramped. Highly recommended. P.S. Strongly encourage purchase of power doors. Worth every bit of the extra cost for the extra help when you're juggling 3 kids under 5 years old.

Super Reliable and versatile

by jmwest1492 from indianpolis, IN on Mon Feb 12 2018

This car has been fantastic for us. Not a single major problem. We added over 100k miles to it, and couldn't have been happier. It was super versatile in hauling people, or removing and stowing seats and using it to haul cargo or take camping. Highly recommend.

Best van out there...

by Mommys Taxi from Clovis, NM on Sun Apr 06 2008

Bought new in Dec 06 with 13 miles on it. Have driven 13000 miles without a single problem. Pros for this van are the seats that stow for alot of storage. Dual climate is great for the kids in back. Airbag sensor in the front passenger seat. The dual sliding doors is great for the accessability. At first my wife did not want a van and now she does not want to get rid of it. The gas MPG is pretty good considering this is a van. The one and only con to this is that there is not a local dealer-- so we would have to drive 2 hours away. Other than that, this is a great van and I don't think my wife will ever part with this one.

very reliable and powerful engine

by ChildOfGod from Yelm, WA on Sun Oct 07 2018

Very comfortable for long distance trips. Used for camping, hauling, passengers, etc. Surprisingly roomy. Seats are removable for extra cargo space. Love the separate heater and A/C controls for left/right and rear seats.

Kia Sedona

by Soccer Mom from Tampa Fl on Mon Jan 16 2012

I am so pleased. I found the car on your site and struck the deal for my number. Very pleased so far.

The Best Minivan Out There

by Average Joe from Chilton, WI on Sat Apr 07 2007

Before I bought this van. I researched all its competitors. Drove most of them. And based on features, comfort, safety, warrenty, and price. I chose the Sedona. It is superior to all the Detroit brands and plain undercuts Toyota and Honda on price and warrenty. I've had the van for 2 months with hardly any problems. Only a stuck middle row seat and the hood was re-painted because the dealer buffed it to hard. I highly recommend the Kia Sedona.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2006 Kia Sedona

Kia Motors Corp. makes the best minivan for the money — better than the Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Town & Country or the Dodge Caravan.

The rivals are all nice family haulers. But nice doesn’t cut it in the marketplace. Value does.

The 2006 Kia Sedona LX minivan offers the most value, which is not to be confused with the lowest price.

Low prices are meaningless for inferior products.

The Kia Sedona is first-class in all respects — quality of craftsmanship and engineering, quality of interior materials, highway performance and safety. I liked the Sedona LX so much, I didn’t want to return it to the manufacturer.

A minivan! I couldn’t believe it!

But after nearly... Read More