2006 Sedona

2006 Kia Sedona

2006 Kia Sedona

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Kia Sedona?

Disappointed and Frustrated

by Working Mom with Little Time from Downers Grove, IL on Sat Oct 10 2009

After a month I had to take the car back to have all of the brakes replaced. This car has had a least half a dozen recalls (maybe more). I have taken it in for the same problem with the sliding door 5 times. I finally insisted that they fix it permanently! There have been several other issues that I had to have addressed. All were minor and covered by warranty, but still a MAJOR inconvenience. I have had this car 3.5 years and have recently replaced all four rotars and pads and put on 4 new tires. The pros are that it is very comfortable, handles surprisingly well for a minivan, looks nice, and has a great sound system. The gas mileage is poor. Even though they state a range, you will really only get the lower end of that. I read an expert review on this site and the person stated he got like 25 mpg on the highway. He's nuts! I never got higher than 19 the first year. It went down to 17.9 after that. My new tires helped a little with gas mileage (now it's 18.5). The service people were always very nice, but I saw them more than my in-laws. In fact, I just took my car in today. I was there just a month ago! I am actually thinking of trading this in for a Toyota, but the trade-in value is poor and I don't like the idea of having more months of payments. The idea that you get more for your money at Kia is misleading since I lost money beyond the initial cost and the monthly payments and if I factor in all the time and aggravation...well, you understand.

Worst New Vehicle I Have Owned

by Unhappy Kia Owner from New Ross, IN on Wed Jan 16 2008

I purchased my van in July 2006 brand new - only 17 miles on it. I started having trouble in March 2007, again in August 2007 and now in January 2008. All 3 different problems. Each time I was without a vehicle for several days - one time over a week. I have had this much trouble now, I am really afraid of what's going to happen when the warranty is out. I have called Kia & they are sorry, there is nothing they can do about it..........

Good for the money

by razz from Georgi on Wed Jul 21 2010

It's a great van but it's a van. Easy to pack and the rear seats are easy to put up and down. The second row seats are heavy to move in and out of the vehicle - about 75 pounds! It drives ok, but like a van. It takes a while to heat or cool the inside but once cool (or warm) it's good. The mileage is about what's stated, max of 25 MPG

Kia Sedona Most Comfortable Mini-Van Of All

by Annie from McKinleyville CA on Sun Jan 23 2011

We wanted space, and better mileage, but comfort was most important to us. We test drove several minivans and I got in the backseat of each van, to make sure all the seats were comfortable, not just the front seats. It was VERY comfortable, and the reliability has been great. We've had just minor problems but both were covered under a recall. The windshield wipers quit squirting, and the rear doors would open, but were fixed under a recall. We are actually getting ready to trede in this one for a new one. Highly recommend!

Great value

by My2Cents from Dallas, TX on Sat Apr 07 2007

Bought 2006 LX used couple of months ago, and costed me under $15K on the road. Did a lot of research, and this van is a great value for money. The engine packs quite a punch, especially during the start. I think the ability to deliver max torque at relatively low RPM is what makes it feel perky. It also handles very well. Anyway, very happy with the choice and did not find any negatives yet.

slumbering giant

by claudejones from Metropolitan Washington DC on Tue Aug 30 2011

I've got 90k miles on my 2006 Sedona, which means I still have 10k miles left on my powertrain warranty! Not too many vans come with such backup. It was in a few times for minor warranty repairs in the early years, mostly involving updates to the computer. It had one problem with the original brake rotors which warped prematurely. The first time, they serviced them for free at around 20k miles. They went wobbly again at about 40k miles at which time they put all new rotors on it and still knocked off some of the pricing on the repair while insisting this was 'normal wear and tear'. I was told at the time that the metallurgy had been improved and this seems to have been true since I have 50k miles now on that replacement set with no issues. That's it - no other problems. The van is a pleasure to drive, has lots of power for a van, has a very hefty and solid feel to it and is rock solid in high winds and stormy conditions; it has lots of space and is easily configured to either haul lots of stuff from Home Depot, or, the family on vacation. It also happens to have the most competitive pricing in its vehicular class.

Best van out there...

by Mommys Taxi from Clovis, NM on Sun Apr 06 2008

Bought new in Dec 06 with 13 miles on it. Have driven 13000 miles without a single problem. Pros for this van are the seats that stow for alot of storage. Dual climate is great for the kids in back. Airbag sensor in the front passenger seat. The dual sliding doors is great for the accessability. At first my wife did not want a van and now she does not want to get rid of it. The gas MPG is pretty good considering this is a van. The one and only con to this is that there is not a local dealer-- so we would have to drive 2 hours away. Other than that, this is a great van and I don't think my wife will ever part with this one.

Bad on Gas

by Lynn from CA on Thu Jun 29 2006

If it wasnt for the bad gas mileage I would love this car. I get between 11 to 15 miles to the gallon.I do love the back windows that go down and the seats are easy to fold down.

Perfect for small children

by Happy Mom from Canton, OH on Tue Jan 15 2008

This van has been a God send for our family of 5. The kids are happy to look out the many windows or watch movies and their bulky car seats still leave plenty of breathing room. The van's handling is superb. It reminds me of the grip I had with my Honda Civic. We still have not skidded even in black ice conditions knock on wood. Kia is true to their word on the warranty. We had to have an electrical system software update but everything was 100% covered as promised. My husband is 6' 5" and drives comfortably without feeling cramped. Highly recommended. P.S. Strongly encourage purchase of power doors. Worth every bit of the extra cost for the extra help when you're juggling 3 kids under 5 years old.

580 miles and in the shop for a week

by Kia's sucker from columbia sc on Fri Jan 26 2007

Own this van for a week and half in it's in the shop. Very uncomfortable for tall drivers. 580 miles and timing belt broke. I didn't want the hunk of junk but my wife did. Spend the extra money go for a toyota.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Kia Sedona

Kia Motors Corp. makes the best minivan for the money -- better than the Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Town & Country or the Dodge Caravan.

The rivals are all nice family haulers. But nice doesn't cut it in the marketplace. Value does.

The 2006 Kia Sedona LX minivan offers the most value, which is not to be confused with the lowest price.

Low prices are meaningless for inferior products.

The Kia Sedona is first-class in all respects -- quality of craftsmanship and engineering, quality of interior materials, highway performance and safety. I liked the Sedona LX so much, I didn't want to return it to the manufacturer.

A minivan! I couldn't believe it!

But after nearly 600 miles on the highways, byways... Read More