2019 Sorento

2019 Kia Sorento

2019 Kia Sorento

5 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have you driven the 2019 Kia Sorento?

Don't look at the badge and drive this!

by HTD from Boulder Co on Sun Jul 08 2018

Sold my BMW X5 (Ugh, repair costs) and my son totaled our Honda Pilot so went out looking for a new SUV. Drove the Audi Q5, Pilot, HighLander, RDX and the RX350. All have their plus' and minuses. Audi wins on performance and infotainment while Kia came in second. Interior Audi, Lexus and Kia tied for #1. Reliability Toyota/Lexus #1 Kia #2. Value Kia #1 by far. Safety Kia #1. Features Kia tied for #1 with Honda. Obviously if you take all of these together along with the price, Kia #1. I bought the Sorento SX Touring and don't regret it in the least. A great SUV. Every technology available outside of Tesla and $5k to 20k less than the competition. WOW, just ignore the ugly logo and drive one!

Love this vehicle

by ciciem from Marco Island, FL on Sat Jun 02 2018

This car is so comfortable to drive, it feels like I am being hugged. There is plenty of legroom in the back seat and the cargo area is huge. Rear seats fold flat if the need arises to haul my granddaughter's harp! This car is so quiet you don't have to speak loudly to be heard by your passenger. The instrument panel gives every bit of information every needed. I have been averaging 27.9 to 28 mpg. Love it!

Gorgeous From Head to Toe - Fantastic Ride!

by Jeanna C. from Stony Point, NY on Mon Jul 23 2018

Gorgeous vehicle. Outside has a sleek, modern design. Inside is spacious and roomy. Seats are so comfortable. Front seats almost hug you, making for a pleasant ride. The cabin is also quiet and you don't really hear the outside, which is nice. The LCD monitor in front is a touch screen, which is very convenient. Easily connects to blue tooth and Android Auto / Apple Play, for a completely streamlined phone to car experience. Sound system is crisp and clear. There are USB ports everywhere. Two in the front, Two in the second row, Two in the third. There are also 12v sockets in each location as well. The second and third row seats also recline, which is really nice. There is so much more, I could go on and on. The steering wheel controls, the Bluetooth, the back up camera, the safety perimeter check, the lane change sensor. It really is just an all around fantastic car. Comparable to Infiniti and Mercedes (which I also looked at) for $10,000+ less. If you are looking for a luxury car, with an affordable price, definitely give the Sorento a look. You won't be sorry.

Initial Impressions...Verdict is Out

by blc1962 from Saint Charles, MO on Tue Aug 14 2018

I want to start by saying that this is an initial impressions review as I have not owned this car a week yet. I traded my 2015 Hyundai Genesis on this SUV. I loved the Genesis and it has been completely trouble free since purchasing new in 2015. I wanted to trade out for a mid-sized SUV slightly smaller than the wife's Explorer and decided to give Hyundai's corporate cousin a look after watching numerous YouTube reviews on the Sorento. First impressions are great. To keep this short I just want to cover a few misses in my opinion that I think Kia should pay more attention to. Number one: My Sorento is an SXL AWD and had several options listed on the sticker from the factory. One of those was remote start which came with a seperate fob instead of integrating it into a single key fob, definite miss. Another is the interior lighting package. This is the ambient interior lighting which is located in the front floor wells, front cup holders and the cubby at the front of the console. The color of the lighting is red which is fine, but it is not integrated into the car very well. There is a switch in the afore mentioned cubby that the dealer did not even know about to turn them on (they do not work with the headlights, they have to be manually turned on and off). These look like an aftermarket add-on even though they were on the factory window sticker. The performance of the car is adequate, but not great. The 3.3ltr V6 is smooth, but not exceptionally powerful. Too early to comment on fuel economy. The overall design is tasteful if not a little bland on the interior. I would like to see an option to replace the piano black trim (there is acres of this stuff in this car) with wood, faux carbon fiber or something that does not show finger prints so readily. The pebble textured soft lower dash material looks ok, but is going to be a bear to clean. A different texture could fix this. Not being able to access the UVO services without tethering the phone is not convenient. These are just my observations so far. They are all in all minor to me and I am happy with my purchase and really like the car. I just hope the fuel economy isn't terrible and it lives up to its reputation for reliability. Also be aware the 5yr 60k mile basic warranty does not cover the infotainment center. It is only covered for the first 3yr 36k miles according to my dealer and confirmed in the warranty manual.FYI: My particular Sorento is an SXL AWD with snow white exterior with black interior. Looked at the terracotta interior, but thought the black interior looked richer. I will try to update this review after I have had it for a few months. Also, I was going to leave the reliability unrated, but I cannot submit the review without rating it so I am going to rate it as good based on its reputation and if I can change it later I will update it once I have owned it long enough to know.

Nice looking vehicle and hopefully reliable.

by David C from Houston Tx on Wed Aug 22 2018

Nice looking vehicle (EX) and hopefully reliable. For the money I paid it should have had auto folding mirrors. My concern is with the Direct Injection Engine and the problem of intake valve fouling that seems to be an issue with these engines. Kia should recommend a fix. The other minor issue are the door arm rest and center console arm rest that don't seem to be long enough.

Right-Sized Harpmobile

by jesusbiggerthanthebeatles from Tucson, AZ on Mon Jun 11 2018

Goldilocks is pretty persnickety when it comes to finding the right-sized vehicle with which to transport her harp. The Kia Sorento is a perfect fit, with a flat load floor that is deep and wide enough to accommodate a full-size concert grand instrument with ease. All other considerations are secondary, but that said the Sorento SXL is loaded with features and is the most luxurious vehicle we've EVER owned. (And I thought nothing would ever compare with my '65 Sedan DeVille!) I can't say enough about the terracotta Nappa leather upholstery--in all three rows!--and ventilated front seats. What a HUGE difference that latter feature makes, especially in the summer here in Arizona. The only drawback is that there is no CD player, which means I must convert all my CDs to mp3 files, put 'em on thumb drives, and upload to the car. What a hassle, but otherwise the Harman Kardon sound system is awesome.

This is the it SUV

by Celluswallas from DEPTFORD, NJ on Mon Aug 27 2018

I have been counting down the time until my last lease was up and was super stoked when I saw Kia had a great end of summer promo on the Sorento. This is the it SUV for real and I'm totally happy i got it. My daughter was super excited when she found out it was ours and even my wife who is used to driving luxury imports had to admit she likes driving it as much as her Acura and my payment is 20% less for more. I got the EX V6 front wheel drive in snow white pearl and love it. It handles great, rides smooth and had a ton of features standard that would have cost me 1000s elsewhere. Add to that it's one of the top 3 safest SUVs on the road and you have a total package. It looks sexy (can I say that) and gets good gas mileage when you don't floor it (guilt sometimes). The V6 is plenty zippy and the adaptive cruise control is a lifesaver in stop and go suburban traffic. My niece is loving the standard 3rd row that has it's own temp controls in my trim level, they really thought of everything and stuffed it in here without hitting my pockets for the extra.

amazing vehicle

by HappyCamper from Brookfield,WI on Tue Jul 31 2018

This car met all my needs! Test drove every luxury vehicle(lincoln, cadilac,lexus,enclave,acura,nissan) and was about to give up then I seen a KIA ad on the adjustable seats and thought I better give it a look. To my surprise this vehicle met all of my requirements from comfort, tech, safety to warranty. I was pleasantly surprised and bought it and am currently enjoying it.

Excellent car, so far so good

by Donna from TARPON SPRINGS on Tue Sep 11 2018

Great SUV, rides smooth and quiet. Have driven 1800 miles in just a month and it gets good gas mileage and many people think I am driving a higher priced vehicle, like Audi etc.

The best decision imade for 2019

by Kaiskia from Chicago, IL on Sun Aug 19 2018

This vehicle is the most reliable and economically efficient with beautiful design so that ican fit me soccer team but not look like a soccer minivan mom. Its the best for traveling long distance and city runs. My husband has a ford flex but he loves my car better. Thank you Kia for the 2019 Sorento. All My children's friend's and my family all think I'm the coolest mom this year... This was the best decision i made for 2019.

1 2 3 4