2001 ES 300

2001 Lexus ES 300

2001 Lexus ES 300

Have You Driven the 2001 Lexus ES 300?

Very very smooth, easy to drive car.

by Azotara from lockport, NY on Thu Nov 03 2016

Compared to other cars for comparable prices, cavilers, malibus, and other older mid sized cars, this is a very fast, efficient, reliable, and fun car to drive. The lexus i own now is at 130k and i love it. All the work i have done to it is struts, wheel bearing, and timing. at around 120k-140k the transmission is due to fail because of the fact that the engine makes more torque then the transmission can handle so that was replaced too. For more information of the failure, the shift solenoid for third gear and the reverse drum are expected to blow, which exactly happened in my car. fixing that should not cost very much, but if you drive it out and wait until your transmission is about to fail a total overhaul is 4k, just the solenoid and reverse drum is 500 in parts and 600 in labor about, so much cheaper.

Easy and pleasant

by Rev from on Sun Feb 12 2017

The car that never dies. Reliable beyond all expectations. Great comfort and ergonomics. Easy to and relaxing to drive, great visibility, responds well, fast enough, predictable handling. Great in the snow.

Lots of extras

by Mrs. Teacher from CONOVER on Wed Jan 31 2018

The car met my needs, lots of extras. Great for traveling and great for extra luggage. Accommodations were super for 5 adults with lots of head room, back-seat air -conditioning and heating vent. Beverage and food accommodations for front and back-seat. Great head room space for the 6-feet and over people. cruise control was awesome.

Does not recommend this car!!

Buy a Lexus!

by KC from Lake Forest, Ca on Sun Jan 21 2018

My 2001 Lexus has given me 17 years of excellent performance and driving pleasure! I paid $35k then and would pay double now to buy one again!

Clean always garages senior driver gorgeous.

by Larry from Las Vegas nv on Sun Dec 03 2017

Perfect car we’ll taken care of Senior driver who made sure it was always perfect. Washed waxed and detailed continuesly perfect car for someone.

Best Car to own

by Fuche' from Rosedale, NY on Wed Jul 22 2009

I have owned many cars in the past and when i bought my ES 300 i didn't know any thing about Lexus. 5 yrs later I must say that this is my best car ever. the only thing I have changed on this car is the alternator and the Rev control. Change the oil ever 3000 miles and this car will never fail you. It isn't the fastest car in the world but if you need some power hit the overdrive and you will be flying. When I do buy the GS I will keep my 2001 ES 300. I can't see me giving up my baby. I bought it with 49,000 miles and it currently has 161,000 miles. It rides the same way from day one. It is worth every penny.

Equisite Engineering and Manufacturing

by Hawkeye, the Relentless Pursuit from Iowa on Sat Nov 07 2009

U can read other well documented attributes. My most unique observation involves being rear-ended by a late model SUV. The accident completely disabled the SUV and left the Lexus with a 'crunch rear end', but driveable. As the only passenger in the ES300, I sustained a slight injury to my left forehead (completely recoverable). My first experience with an ES300 engine was in a 1992 Toyota Camry Stationwagon - standard with the production model. I ran 250k miles and the engine/drivetrain ran flawlessly and was going strong. The interior was starting to show it's age: faded seats mostly. I replaced one part, I think it was the alternator. Excellent car.

The ES 300

by Lexus lover from Savanna,Ga on Sat Feb 21 2009

This is the very best car I had ever enioyed having. I love it so much. Were get a new Lexus LS600H L in a few weeks, but we are not getting rid of our ES300. It rides like a dream. Great gas millage. It is not the fastest car in the world but it gets up and goes!:)WHen it is time to get rid of it I will be very sad. But is a time off. I did my friend about this car and he got one too. This is a great car.

Best Car I've Owned

by Lexus Lover from on Fri Jul 15 2011

I bought my ES300 used from a BMW dealer and was very happy I did.I do a lot of highway driving and found this car to be the best car there is.I have had several cars but none can compare to the Lexus never any major problems just regular maintanance done to it oil change ,brakes etc. After 5 yrs I up graded to a ES350 I Love the Lexus and will continue to drive one and now my daughter drives this model ES300 and I feel comfortable knowing she is in a safe car

Awesome Car

by nancyjd from Murrieta, CA on Tue May 17 2011

Got this car, used, from a Honda Dealership, as the first car for our 16 yr. old granddaughter. Perfect car for her! Well built and safe...not like some of the other "little" cars out there. Drove like a dream. Unfortunately, she had an accident with it (maybe brake failure) and it was deemed totaled. We've since bought her ANOTHER Lexus, a 2000 RX350 crossover. I drive a 2005 Lexus LS 430. Once you drive a Lexus, you will always want a Lexus!

1 2