2013 ES 300h

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Snow Machine

by Jon from OH from Cincinnati, OH on January 8, 2013

I usually never comment on here, but I had an experience that I couldn't help but sharing in my new ES 300h. This comment is for those in the north or mountains who are considering the ES. Bought the ES in November 2012 and absolutely love it. I took a trip over the holidays to Snowshoe Ski Resort in Showshoe, WV. 4 hours of driving through 2-3" of snow on a thick layer of ice on the backroads of WV up mountains my wife would be scared to drive on during the summer. The ES handled like a dream, only spinning occasionally, while I couldn't even count how many 2x4's & 4x4's we passed in the ditch or pulled off to the side of the road. Growing up in WV, I understood the significance of what I had just been through. We contacted the dealership to let them know just how well this car handles in the snow. Honestly, I was almost speechless. I have much experience driving in the snow and they say the driver is 30%, wheels 30% and car 40%, but when it comes to the car...I without a doubt would say this car handles better in snow than any vehicle I have ever been in or have driven in my life. On another note, as my wife is the main driver, she absolutely loves the BSM, bamboo trim, parking sensors and mouse guided audio/nav. Now go out and buy an ES...you won't regret it! Hope this story helps!

Buy One

by DJ Special K from Balitimore, Md. on November 11, 2012

This is one of the best vehicles that I have ever driven not to mention the Gas Mileage with this Hybrid model. I managed to get around 625 miles on the first full tank of gas. Personally I think that everyone should have a Hybrid Vehicle. It gives off less feul emmissions than a regular gas engine vehicle. This vehicle will save you lots of money at the Gas Station not to mention that you get a Tax break when you do your taxes.

Nicest Hybrid Sedan on the Market

by Technology Enthusiast from Providence, RI on August 31, 2012

This car is loaded with technology and the new styling is amazing. The 3 drive modes allow both hybrid enthusiasts to achieve over 40mpg and sports car enthusiasts to have power when they want it. The exterior styling was completely redone and is a major improvement on the old outdated look of the previous ES. The heated steering wheel works well, but only heats at the "10 and 2" position on the wheel. The remote touch controller makes it easy to control every aspect of the car without reaching or searching for buttons. The rear seats have more legroom than any other sedan or SUV i have ever sat in. The cooled seats are great for hot, sunny days, as well as the power rear sun shade. The cost might be high, but if you want a luxury hybrid that isn't a hatchback, this is the way to go!

Best car I've owned

by RoadRunner from Massachusetts on January 9, 2013

My wife's car got totaled and living in a snow state she wanted to replace it with another 4x4 SUV. We were looking at the RX, but the Dealership had a 2013 ES300 to show off. She fell in love with it, as did I. We ordered a ES300h, we wanted the better gas mileage. This is the perfect car. It does perform in "Sport" mode when you dial it up. The ride and handling are superior to anything else I have ever driven. Yes, it is not a tiny bumpy sports car, but I am past the age for that stuff. I love to drive this car, it is fun, comfortable and roomy to boot. My kids always want to borrow it so they can drive it around in "Sport" mode with their friends. The controls are easy to use. Driving this car is a blast!

Excellent driving car full of comfort and features

by Lexie from Tucson Arizona on January 8, 2013

Replaced 09 Camry Hybrid with 13 300h Lexus. The cars could not be more different in comfort quietness and features. The Lexus makes our 09 Porsche 911 seem really old with all the added safety features. My wife really appreciated the back uo camera, forward , side and rear parking assist devices. The complicated joystick control is nice, but really not necessary. Voice recognition software is much improved, but far from perfect. Overall a 4.5 star car in all respects.

A CLASS CAR WITH GREAT FUEL ECONMY

by Pete from Cave creek, az. on September 4, 2012

The car is eye appealing, rides smooth and quiet. Handels great, and so far 40 + mpg. I think i've made a good choyce.

First Impressions

by JC from Wickenburg, AZ on January 28, 2013

I was specifically looking for a hybrid as I have had two in the past. I was suprised to find a full-size Lexus hybrid - the ES 300h. The car is well engineered to tight tolerances, oozes luxury, drives smoothly and quietly, and the rear seating has more than normal leg-room. A good balance has been achieved between the size of the electric engine vs the gas engine - plenty of acceleration if wanted and capable of very good mpg. While I have less than 500 mixed miles on the car, it has averaged 39 miles per gallon, which is the EPA rating. In short, I am most pleased with the car and highly recommend it.

Smooth and quiet.

by Sam from Lakewood, WA on January 27, 2013

This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn?t be more delighted. The car is well-equipped with many of the features you find in a similarly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is noticeably smooth, relaxing and quiet; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration more than acceptable and surprisingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 39 miles per gallon, and, with practice 40+ is a distinct possibility. The front seats are amazingly lovely with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room.

ES300H Luxes

by marg1848 from Blauvelt ny 10913 on September 11, 2012

Just bought the ES 300H so far so good more comfortable than other Hybrid. The price is out of my budget but I like it for my comfort and rising gas price. A lot of features for that car.

Awesome car

by Larabo from New Jersey on March 11, 2014

I purchased this to replace a 2007 ES that had over 140,000 trouble free miles. Because of the amount of miles I drive each year the salesman suggested the ES300h hybrid. I got a great deal on a 2013 leftover. So far I've put 1300 miles on it in 3 weeks and it is everything I could have hoped for and more - quiet and comfortable, smooth riding and so far 41mpg in mix of city and highway driving. I hope the mpg keeps up. In Sport mode this car is as fun to drive and as responsive as my wife's BMW 3 series and you know the Lexus will be so much more reliable than the BMW. So far am extremely pleased and looking forward to a lot more driving this car.

1 2 3 4 5 6