Read or write a review.

3.9
Average based on 13 reviews

2nd Lexus in two years

by from Garden Grove, CA on April 25, 2015

When looking for a new car to replace our ten year old SUV, we wanted to get the better gas mileage of a hybrid. After looking at a Prius we looked at and bought a sport Lexus CT. The year that we owned the car it was in the shop approximately four months, so the last time it was in and still having the same problems, we turned around and traded it in on an ES 300h. Within a week we had to replace the tires and rims because the vibrations when driving over 50 on the freeway were so horrible. Now after owning this car for just over a year, we are told it's normal for the leather to wear off and that when using the seat heaters that it's normal for them to cycle off and not come back on. The radio with navigation needs a firmware update that is not available (and they can't tell us when), the screens glitch and the reverse camera can take up to 10 or more seconds before coming up with the car in reverse. When we bought the car we were told about the sport mode and how it programs the suspension to give it firmer cornering and programs the drivetrain with a little more responsiveness. Now we're told it doesn't actually do anything, it's there just so you can pretend your driving different. Overall, we would not recommend Lexus.

Great Car Awful Bluetooth Speaker

by from Illinois on September 26, 2015

I love my car. It's not good on bumpy roads, they took away the Lexus smooth, but on highways it's delightful. Just perfect with the longer wheel length. The car phone speaker is GARBAGE. It sounds tinny and gets annoying because I talk a lot on the handsfree phone. Do not buy this car until you try the Bluetooth handsfree and can stand it. I'm stuck using headphones on long trips and if I really want to hear, I have to pull off the road. I get my 41 MPH which I love but give me back my Toyota 2009 Camry Hybrid hands free speaker, PLEASE. I'm stating to hate my purchase. I can handle the worse feel on the bumpy roads, yes the Camry was smoother there just not on highways. 300h is better on the long drive. The radio speakers are better but I get some intermittent problems with having to pull off the road, turn the car on and off to get FM to work, but I can handle that inconvenience.

ES300h ... still happy after 2 years of having it

by from Longmont, CO on December 10, 2015

I have had this car for a little over 2 years and am still happy with my ES300h. I use it for commuting 75 miles each day to work and average about 38 MPG. It is a mix of 50/50 highway and city. My only little issue with the car are the front seats are a little uncomfortable. They are nice, don't get me wrong the padding just seems a little hard. (I am a smaller guy and can only imagine it would be worse for someone that is heavy) It has been VERY reliable, it seems to turn heads and is a very smooth car. By the way, the back seats are roomy and awesome.

Great Hybrid Car

by from on November 18, 2013

I rather drive this than a prius, or an unreliable American hybrid. Reliable, great MPG, and luxury. Lexus' new look is amazing, I hope they extend hybrid options to all their models.

The New Car

by from Wakefield, MA on December 24, 2013

I've been driving the 2014 ES300h for one month now. The ride is smooth, the gas mileage is excellent, truly a pleasure to drive this Lexus and I would highly recommend this car to everyone.

Best

by from Buchanan, Michigan, 49107 on July 26, 2014

This is my third Lexus, I am now 83 and decided to go with the 300h, I am having so much fun passing up the gas pumps, I am averaging a solid 42 MPG, and this is divided between city and highway driving. Thanks LEXUS Arnold Lemke

So far so good

by from Chicago, Il on January 29, 2014

I've only have this for 1 month now. I haven't bought a car for over 10 years and it' so easy to drive. I haven't had to get gas yet. Love the look , love the drive!

First time hybrid and Lexus owner

by from Kansas City, MO on April 21, 2014

Always wanted a hybrid and had driven Prius before. Like the feel of the electric and the quietness. But the Lexus luxury and solid feel are over the top. Amazing quiet ride yet offers sports car performance when needed. Would like more iPhone friendly interior and connect-ability. Navigation system a bit 20th century rather than state of the art 21st century. Would like to see this updated for my next purchase of the SUV Hybrid 450H. Would like to compare to MKX sometime in the future but always believed in the Lexus quality and low cost of upkeep. Will see how that goes.

Great Car

by from Chicago IL on January 29, 2014

I have a had this car a few months and everyday I drive it I get impressed. This is the best built cars I have ever driven

Disappointed in Lexus

by from Massachusetts on January 1, 2015

I read reviews of this vehicle too late…after I had bought one. I am generally disappointed in the car, particularly when compared to my previous vehicle, a 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid. The Lexus ride is no smoother or quieter; the gas/electric interfacing is rougher; the electronics, not even considering the inconvenient “joystick” is a few years behind Ford. The gas mileage is subpar: it gets about 4-5 mpg less than the Ford Fusion even though the weight is within 50 lbs. of the Ford. The only areas of superiority are the exterior and interior finish; the back seat and trunk size. Not worth the $10,000 difference in sticker price.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Lexus Es 300 H