2004 GX 470

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Most reliable car I've owned

by review from on January 28, 2010

This is the best car period. I have 120,000 miles and the only thing I have replaced are the tires and brakes. As a person who usually trades up for a new car every 50,000 to 60,000 miles. I will never sell it. I will keep it for my teenage children.

Best SUV for the money

by SUVer from Pensacola, FL on May 19, 2009

The GX470 is by far the best Luxuary SUV I have ever driven or owned. I have averaged 19 MPG for the past two years and as high as 21.1 with mostly short trips of less than twenty miles, not bad for a heavy V8 powered SUV. It's confortable on long trips, NAV works great, It has great styling that has stood the test of time as the design has changed very little in six years. I highly recommend this SUV to all.

Best SUV I Have Every Owned!

by Lexus Fan from Maumelle, AR on February 19, 2012

I have been extremely pleased with the Lexus GX 470! I have owned 2 and have never had any problems with either. Both have had over 150k miles on them and been trouble free! The exterior and interior styling are both functional and very appealing! I would recommend the GX 470 to everyone looking for a stylish, luxurious, powerful, and off-road capable SUV!

Great SUV

by Ed from Virginia on March 31, 2013

I bought my 04 GX used with 84K. It was a one owner truck that was maintained by Lexus. As expected with age and miles I performed a few needed repairs but nothing major. The 90k service for the timing belt cost $900.00 at the local Toyota dealership. This included replacement of the water pump. I would recommend this vehicle and the quality and reliability is excellent.

Luv My GX 470-no doubt a excellent automobile

by LUV MY GX 470 from Hermiston, OR on February 24, 2017

To start with, this is an automobile-not a car-a car is just that-something that provides transportation-an automobile is a luxury experience. 183K and has only had timing belt and water pump replaced along with new plugs & serpentine belt At 90K intervals-converted differentials and transfer case with synthetics and on 2nd set of brakes. i'm surprised about reviews complaining about performance-considering the weight of this auto and the small displacement of the engine 4.7 liter-about 280 c.i.-it has all the power needed-if you're looking for "high performance" buy a corvette -Pros-classic styling, superior ride, longevity, superior build, no sqweeks or rattles after 183k miles-doors close with gentle push-quiet ride-reliably -excellent in snow-I could go on and on-Cons-missing some of the bells & whistles the newer models offer-paint on wheels starting to peel-I also own a 96 4-runner with a V-6 and they both get 19-21 MPG--It's had synthetic lubricants since new and I anticipate this auto to last 275-300K before any major repairs-this GX470 is superb-

Amazing SUV

by OtO from Glen cove NY on May 21, 2017

Loved my lexus, it was comfy, reliable, did 15 MPG city, 21 hwy. great car, i would recommend that car to anyone who is looking for SUV with V8 and reliable

Fantastic Used Buy

by BBK from Louisville, KY on April 13, 2018

This vehicle is a gem. I had a lot of criteria to meet. I needed something dead reliable, extremely safe, heated seats (my wife's demand), hold 7 people (2 adults, 5 kids) for kayak trips, and nice enough to meet customers in. I found an '04 with bluetooth (owner had it installed) and no navigation which is perfect because I heard the navi isn't that good. Purchased with 147k on the odometer, everything works as it should, no rattles. I've put over 4k on it. The ride is great. I didn't realize how much I would appreciate the adjustable suspension. On the soft setting the gravel road to the horse barn has become pleasant and in the firmer settings it lets you travel surprisingly fast on winding roads. Wife and kids love it too. Cons- no surprise here, premium fuel, under 20 mpg.

Great vehicle

by Hookem on September 8, 2017

This vehicle held its value much better than most. 3rd row vehicle that is roomy enough but not impossible to park...,

great luxury SUV for interested customers

by juju from Kissimmee,Fl on May 24, 2018

car is great for long rides, carries 7 passengers well.handling is great! acceleration is medium, seats are cushy, feel of the road geat! workmanship excellent.

One heck of a good car!

by Working man from Chattanooga, TN on February 3, 2016

I bought this 04 in 2013 with 119,000 miles, new tires and a fresh timing belt/water pump. I immediately drove it from Cincinnati to North Dakota and used it as a work truck extensively in the oil fields for approximately 2 years. It never gave me a bit of trouble even when the temps dropped to -40. It now has 165,000 on it and I still enjoy driving it every time I get in it. My only complaints are the archaic nav system, lack of bluetooth and the seatbelt that won't fully retract when I get out. I suppose after almost 14 years it might need to be replaced.

1 2 3