Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 IS 350

2006 Lexus IS 350

2006 Lexus IS 350

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2006 Lexus IS 350?

Fast & Luxurious

by IS-F Owner from Chicago on Thu Sep 10 2009

This is the first luxury entry level sedan I have ever bought. I loved every minute of driving this car, and only traded it in for the higher performance IS-F. I purchased the vehicle used, fully loaded. If I had the choice of returning my IS-F and picking up this model, I would definitely do it. The IS350 is plenty fast and the speed difference is marginal unless you plan on driving 120+mph on a track. The IS350 does not handle like a sports car though. I suggest getting the F-Sport suspension upgrades if you are looking for a sporty ride. Overall, the ride is very comfortable. Never had a mechanical issue.

My first car

by Sonic from Satsuma, Alabama on Thu Sep 19 2013

She fits the definition of sassy perfectly, which is very stylish, according to Webster. With her black smooth leather interior and her automatic seats, who wouldn’t love to have her’ I especially love the automatic push to start and its security features. If I left the car running and unlocked in the parking lot at the mall no one would be able to steal it without the keys being in it. Which is a total advantage, even if they get out of the parking lot, they wouldn’t be able to go far, because it will say KEY IS NOT DETECTED, and it will stop completely, wherever it’s at. Other advantages include the ability to be able to change from automatic to standard in a matter of seconds. I would say the only disadvantage would be coming to the parking lot after a long day of school, and being burnt by the scorching heat of the seats. That black leather, and those metal seat belt buckles sure do get hot. But, I don’t let that small thing keep me from one of my most prized possessions, my candy apple red Lexus IS350.

Best car I've ever owned

by fLEXn from Port Richey, FL on Wed May 09 2018

This car is the best of both worlds in terms of luxury and performance. Roomy enough for the family and sporty and fast enough to get where you need to go in a hurry. Plus it handles 100% like a sports car

This Car Is Part Of Me!

by CapitanObvious from Saginaw, TX on Sat Aug 11 2018

I have owned this Lexus IS350 since 2009 and honestly I have driven it pretty harshly through the years but it has been the best car I have ever owned. It’s like a super charged timex watch. I don’t ever want to part from it but it’s getting old and it’s about time. The transmission went south at 192k and Lexus quoted me $8k to replace it. I picked one up from a wrecking yard for $300 bucks and $600 to have installed, and then at 210k miles the alternator went out. Not too bad for almost 10 years of ownership. Lexus makes quality and super reliable cars. It’s been an outstanding ride and I know it will go another 250k! I’m looking at the Lexus RC F coupe now, hopefully I find one that connects to me as much as this one did! Simply Amazing Cars!

Speed Meets Luxury

by Sports Car Lover from on Mon Nov 29 2010

This car is comfortable, fast, and gorgeous! It has a major pick up no matter if you are going from 0 to 60 or 60 to 80.

This car is a rocket

by Dan from Chicago on Thu Feb 08 2007

I have had this car for 4 months and 5,000 miles. It is by far the most fun I have had driving a car. It is luxurious yet exilerating to drive. The biggest downside is that there is nowhere to go to let it run. The backseat is small but I rarely drive with more than one other person in the car. I have the luxury package and the touch screen controls and navigation system are easy to use and work great. The Mark Levinson audio is increadible. The only bad featue is voice recognition system. I can't get it to work with my voice. It was also a surprise to learn I needed winter tires which are quite expensive since I also got wheels and pressure sensors ($1500). But they work great especially for rear wheel drive.

Most fun and luxurious car I've driven

by Ammar30 from Lorton, VA on Sun Jul 23 2017

This car meet everything I needed in a car it has 4 doors and is fast for a four door it is also luxurious and met all the standards I needed

I can't get my husband to sell it!

by Lexus Lover from on Fri Jan 09 2009

I'm not a super duper car enthusiast, but I do care about quality, fit and finish, performance, luxury and reliability. I'm writing this review on behalf of my husband: he is so wild about this car, he will not sell it under any circumstances. The performance is really unbelievable, I have to say. It's like being in a tiny jet plane. We test drove Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura and BMW prior to purchase. My husband had issues with each of them, although they were all really 'nice.' Then he drove the Lexus IS350 and literally lit up -- he fell in love with the car. And that's when I knew I'd never talk him into that Mercedes I wanted. Even through high gas prices, a bad economy, another kid in the mix (we have 2 kids and that car is small for us), he'll never get rid of this car. I think he'd get rid of us first, car second. When someone described Lexus as being 'obsessive' about every detail of their cars, I agreed wholeheartedly. If you are obsessive about every aspect of a car, then you are either a current or future Lexus customer.

Was great until

by Vehicle Researcher from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Wed Aug 01 2012

I love my 2006 Lexus IS 350. It is the best car I ever owned. However I was shocked to find out Lexus does not back their product up when there clearly is a major widespread problem. The engines on IS 350s make a rattling sound sometimes at start up which I thought was a minor intermittent problem. Turns out it is a major engine problem having to do with the cams or lifters or something like that and Lexus did not issue a recall even though if you Google "Lexus IS 350 engine noise" you will lots of people with the same problem. I was told it would be $1900 to repair it. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Fun at any speed

by Lexus IS350 Enthusiast from Atlanta, GA on Thu Mar 27 2008

I tested BMW, 350Z, GS35C, Z4 and many more automatic & stick. I came back to the IS350 because it is faster! 0-60 in 5 sec. beats all the competition until you pay $20K-$30K more. Rev limited to 149 mph, I believe the numbers are real. 6 speed AT does excellent job 95% of the time with option to shift via 'paddles' or console lever. Handling with the Sport Package and 18 inch low profile wheels/tires is precise, immediate and sticky enough to accelerate through ramps & corners instead of slowing down. Will change the Bridgestones when the time comes for better performance, tread wear. Super small turning radius, Feels like tires are at all 4 corners of a skateboard with 306 HP! Brake stopping distance and power are excellent, but dust the front wheels excessively. Driver/passenger seats are 6-way adjustable, very comfortable. Excellent 13 speaker stereo sound quality, plays MP3s and WMAs. Fit & finish of interior is excellent as you expect with Lexus. Reliability is so high that extended warranty was much less money than all other cars I considered. Commuting 22 MPG, trips 28-30+ MPG. Put it on cruise control and the six speed only hits 2000 RPM for 70 MPH. Quiet, comfortable ride. If you want softer or quieter, switch tires or go to a different tire/wheel design without the low profile penalties. I'll take performance, handling and safety. This is a sports sedan = small back seat, small trunk, no floaty-soft ride like a Lincoln. Test drive all the competition, like I did, and you will come back to the IS350 as the fastest, best choice in a sports sedan. A good radar detector might be a good add-on choice. And I'm still investigating a 'kill' switch for the always on headlights that really bug me. This car is great fun to drive. I keep looking for reasons to go somewhere and always enjoy every mile of the trip. As gas prices continue to rise, cars like this may become more difficult to find in the future.

1 2 3