2009 RX 350

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best Generation of the RX 350 - Used Car Value

by CM from boston, MA from Boston MA on September 8, 2015

Had many SUV's (Ford, Dodge, and Chevy) and hands-down by far the best and luxurious is the Lexus RX 350. My 2009's top features are the hands-free tailgate, "follow the road headlights", reclining 2nd row seats, surprising V6 power, and great gas mileage. I compared each generation and I picked the 2009...the extra modifications from 2010 are great but what sold me was the quieter and softer ride from the 2009's rear suspension. I admit that I was jealous seeing a newer 2010 ride up beside me with no visible rear wiper, blinking side mirror turn signal, and newly shaped fog light...but even with an extra speed (6 vs 5) my 2009 Lexus RX 350 is a sweet but strong ride that has almost everything I need. Minus points for the need of an aftermarket AUX/Bluetooth kit, otherwise I fully recommend a 2009 if you can get a good deal on it.

Everything a Lexus is Supposed to Be

by In a Hurry from Texas on June 20, 2008

The '09 RX is quiet and well mannered to drive. It has quick acceleration especially 40 to 60 mph for passing. It is a sleek, beautiful crossover. We've owned a 4 Runner and a Yukon. They're both true SUVs and we enjoyed each one for different reasons. The RX is more like a tall, very roomy car than an SUV, but that fits our needs better. The height makes it easy for my petite wife to get in and out while still giving enough elevation for a good road view and it has plenty of interior room for me at 6'1". If you're going off roading, get something else. But if you spend most of your time in the neighborhood or on the interstate this one is hard to beat. Gas mileage has been as advertised and is acceptable. While premium gasoline is "required," it run quite well on regular, so no penalty there. We tried 4 Runner, Highlander, Pilot, MDX, Tahoe, Acadia, X3 & 5 and this was the one for us. No regrets.

Good car Very reliable

by Smooth ride from Chicago on March 9, 2010

The drivers and passengers seat does not go back far enough to provide comfort for tall people. However it is very reliable and the gas mileage is good. Maintenance issues are just ties and brakes with 82,500 miles on it.

Super Nice Ride Limited Visibility and Space

by Tay from West Tennessee on April 6, 2013

Bought this one owner AWD Premium Package model used about a month ago with 27K miles on it. This is a very impressive and expensive machine. Very comfortable, smooth, quiet, solid, powerful, and handles well. Have not owned it long enough to determine reliability, but it has a great record according to others, and we received all previous work orders with the vehicle indicating no major issues. This is a luxury car. Everything about it is expensive: tires, premium fuel, even the headlight bulbs are expensive to replace, but it is a super nice ride, and I guess you get what you pay for. My only complaints are: poor visibility when backing up due to body style design, and limited size cargo area (high floor/low roof) compared to other vehicles of similar size. So far we have been very pleased with it, and we plan to keep it for as long as we can.

Great car the comfort is what we went for

by B. J. from Columbus, Ohio on December 26, 2011

I am a shorter person and we went looking for a car with comfort and good visibility. The Hyundai Santa Fe and the Lexus RX350 were my choice for the visibility and comfort. We went from a 2007 Toyota Rav 4 to this vehicle. The Lexus is absolutely the best ride and comfort for us. It has navigation and a back up camera, plus bluetooth. Fuel efficiency isn't the greatest which we knew would not be, but we sacrificed comfort and ride for that.

So Smooth

by KK from SC on September 27, 2008

I searched long and hard for my first 'utility' type vehicle and this one is a winner for sure. I am a very petite woman and everything I tested felt well too big, difficult to control and I just wasn't comfortable until I tested the RX. I can control everything with little effort and don't feel overwhelmed. The interior is luxurious but not so over the top where I don't feel like I can grab a burger while on the road. It is also the only car in my entire apprx 30 yr driving history that I have not had to sit on a pillow to see over the dash-sounds minor but it makes a difference. My only beef would be the the placement of the items in center dash 'gadgets'. Everything seems a little jumbled but I'm sure I'll grow more accustomed to it. The split back seats are a dream! I travel daily with my 3 dogs and it makes it super easy to change the seat configurations to meet my 'stuff hauling' needs. It is super quiet and an unbelievably smooth ride. I love it!

love my new lexus

by love my new lexus from Glen Mills, PA on February 20, 2012

I am really happy with my decision to purchase a 2009 Lexus RX350. It looks great on the outside, and is very nice interior. It's all wheel drive and is actually pretty good in the snow. While it is not exactly a high perfromance engine, it's got enough horsepower for my needs. Overall, I am very happy with my decision

Exactly what I was looking for

by Lovin' My Lexus from Jackson, MS on December 13, 2012

I was looking for a luxury car but could not afford the luxury price that goes along with a new car purchase. The preowned Lexus RX350 was a very good fit for me. I too am short and I like to sit "up" so SUVs are attractive to me, but some can be big and bulky. And I too knew that I would be compromising on the fuel economy a bit but not so much that this would be a deal breaker for me. Once you get in it, the ride is so smooth and the "whistles and bells" are so much fun... I think I have become a loyal Lexus owner and look forward to future Lexus purchases.

Pebble Beach Edition

by brmc from austin, tx on March 2, 2015

Have only had the car a few weeks,but am very satisfied. This is my first luxury type vehicle, but as a used car my be a good value. Rides beautifully. Interior is great. Still learning bells and whistles, but very happy so far.

great suv

by jake lexus from Stamford ct on October 4, 2011

I have had only great experiences with htis Lexus great cAR I would recommend this car to all interested

1 2 3 4 5 6