2002 Lincoln Continental

Bring back the Lincoln Continental

by from Portland, OR on November 28, 2006

I recently purchased my 2002 Lincoln Continental, after a long and arduous search for a comparable replacement for my 1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. Oldsmobile is gone, and Buick has turned its back on folks who want a full-size luxury sedan (the Lucerne and LaCrosse are fine cars, but the chintzy Honda-esque rear ends and "smallerized" size make them pale comparisons to the Park Avenue / Electra!). Cadillac's sedan are goofy looking boxes with abridged interior space and a poor lineup of standard equipment. No more Cadillac elegance. The Mercury Grand Marquis is a fine, dependable car, but even the LS falls short of essential conveniences -- like full steering wheel controls for radio and climate. (Try to find an "Ultimate" or an LSE -- I dare you.) The Town Car is too much car and lacks grace and elegance. It just says :look at me, and get outta my way, peasant!"). Bottom line? The Lincoln Continental (retired in 2002) was Ford's truly ultimate luxury sedan, with all the standard features, conveniences, comfort, performance and quiet elegance of a by-gone era. I only buy domestic vehicles (I mean those manufactured by US-owned companies), and the Continental is (was) by far the most beautiful, affordable and superior luxury sedan around. Too bad Detroit has put all its eggs in the Family Truckster, SUV-hog and odd-looking econo-boxes basket. Too bad there are no truly elegant, beautiful (and, yes, spacious) luxury cars made in America any more. I love my 2002 Lincoln Continental (although all the high-tech electronics make me nervous for any future repairs), but I still miss my 1976 Buick Electra Limited -- what a gorgeous yacht that was! By the way: how come they no longer make four-door hardtops? Clam shells were awesome!

Super Car/Great Value

by from Mississippi on March 31, 2010

I purchased my 2002 Continental in July 2002. The dealer was offering deep discounts since this was the last production year. I have had no problems in the last 7 1/2 years. We have performed routine maintenance, but nothing major. It runs and looks brand new at 126,000 miles. Loaded with features and rides like a dream. V8 moves on down the highway. Plenty of space in the backseat and trunk.

Best American Car

by from Massachusetts on June 4, 2009

I bought this car used and it is amazing! The ride, quality, and lack of any trouble make this a car that Lincoln should have continued to build! Bring it back! Great car for the money! Very nice style that doesn't get old. Not for your dad or grandfather! Very good gas mileage for a V8. Love it!

Great American Car

by from Central Florida on December 31, 2008

Purchased new 2002 Lincoln Continental when Ford ceased production. Too bad..it is the ultimate in an American luxury vehicle. Very reliable and confortable with classic styling. I love this car.

Great value for $$

by from Minnesota on December 7, 2012

Bought this car in August 2012 with 109,000 miles. The great price reflects the current market perception of all luxury cars, but the reality is that the car gets 30 mpg on the road, it's hard to find more comfort, and the "Driver Handling" selectivity make the InTech V8 great for acceleration and handling too. I've owned cars I paid 6 times as much for and I've never had anyone honk at me in traffic until I rolled down the passenger side window just to have him tell me I had a great looking car. I put new tires on it so far and the dealer fixed a glitch in the power passenger seat at no charge prior to delivery...and that's it, so far, 5000 miles later. Great value on a used car.

Excellent car for its age

by from oregon on April 23, 2012

I was looking for a 2002 or newer Lincoln Contintial that I could aford. There were few to choose from and the clostest to me was Texas. When commucating with the dealer He was coroperating whith me all the way and the car was everything that they said it was. I would deal with them again if the occasion occurs.

Best All Around Car I Have Ever Owned

by from Elgin, Illinois on October 22, 2012

Ford made a tremendous mistake when they discontinued this GEM of a car. They never really promoted it as they should have. I bought it used and it has proven to be the BEST car I have ever owned. It is very comfortable, stylish, very roomy inside and the trunk you could sleep in. In other words, BIG!! The economy is great and better if you drive it right. On the highway I always use the cruise control. If it is set at 67 miles an hour my car gets between 28 and 31 miles to the gallon. Around town I get 17 MPG which is not bad for a 4000 lb car. The car is loaded with all the options and I love it. I would recommend this car to anyone.

most comfortable drive on the market

by from dallas on March 18, 2012

pre owned lincolns are very reliable. thats why the taxi -limo drivers use them! its pretty obvious that when your in the back seat of one of these. the air suspension makes it very comfortable

2002 Lincoln Continental CE

by from Madera, CA on September 16, 2013

This is my 4th Continental , 98, 01, and two 02's, so obviously I am a fan. It is a full size American Luxury car that has comfort, style, handling and more. The CE edition of only about 2000 cars in 2002 with all the bells and whistles like 2 tone leather, real wood interior trim, driver adjustable steering and air suspension , heated power bucket seats and so much more is a pleasure to drive.

So far it is reliable car.

by from Dearborn, Michigan on November 22, 2013

I thank this model Continental is very reliable car, it is a V8, but with 76000 miles, I could not pass up yhe deal.