1997 Lincoln Mark Viii

Blacked out

by from 02790 on September 17, 2017

Awesome!!!!.......built from the ground up....no expense was spared.....I say new because it is all brand new right down to the nuts and bolts.

The best and last of true American luxury coupes

by from Harrisburg NC on July 14, 2017

The Mark VIII is one of my all time favorite vehicles. It is svelte, sleek, aerodynamic and fast, with incredible handling for such a big car. It has the Ford Mustang Cobra engine under the hood and the dynamic air suspension lowers the car when it is cruising above 60 MPH. I have owned many over the years, I like the second gen made in 1997 and 1998. Extremely reliable and technically advanced and 27 MPG all day long at 70 MPH with AC and cruise on. The naysayers about this car are people that don't understand the technology and design involved in producing the Mark VIII. Actually, all S Class Mercedes vehicles after year 2000, use the same type of air suspension. Lincoln was 7 years ahead.

a head turner

by from saratoga springs ny on June 6, 2017

a pleasure to drive, a rare two tone silver with maroon top. superb handling and stylish interior aswell as exterior made for pleasurable expierence.

A REAL SLEEPER ,A REAL HOT ROD !

by from Tempe, Az. on June 1, 2017

I was looking for a Buick Riviera, I 'm thankful that I DIDN'T find one ! This car is the BEST I've had in 45 years !

most reliable car iv'e ever owned

by from Huntington Beach on May 2, 2017

It is a very comfortable car eats up gas. A pleasure to drive and very spacious in the front seats. Has pretty decent power.

Most stylish car I have owned,

by from Green Valley AZ on April 19, 2017

I have always loved the style of this car. My husband just bought it for me. It may be 20 years old, but to me it has better lines and features than our newer cars Oldie but goodie!

Purchasing used Marks

by from Marysville, CA on July 28, 2013

If you can find a low mileage sample of these cars buy it. Lincoln makes nothing in rear wheel drive now that compares. Powertrain is quite reliable, however electrical gremlins can be a problem and expensive to fix if you are not a DIY er

NAAASSSSCAAARRRR

by from mobile, AL on June 15, 2012

I used my big block chevy hemi v 10 silverado lariat TRD off-road with beer injection for off-roadin after nascar races on the weekend (jimmie johnson is number 1 my hero, dale earnhart rip) and it blew a head gasket in the axel and my wife told me to sell it so i got a linkon mark 8 instead and lifted it9 98 3/26' and put it on 23 in mickey thompson offroad wheels on goodyear tires for muddin (because jimmie uses goodyear) and this car is a peach off-road, its not just a luckshury cruiser but its a hardcore hill climbin machine, nos up to 1000 hp and it flies

Uses car for Off-roading

It is a shame that Lincoln stopped making it

by from Naples, Fl on June 10, 2012

I have always been in love with the second generation Mark VIII, since it was released in 1997. I call one of my MK 8's the Millennium Falcon, especially at night when the neon lights fill the back end with a single glow. I call my Black LSC Darth Vader since it has no chrome and it wears the black mask. The aerodynamics on this car are incredible, in 1993 Ford engineers took a stock MK 8 to the salt flats and ran at 182 Miles per hour, with the stock 295 HP cobra motor. The interior is far ahead of it time and one of the most ergonomic designs ever produced by a US car co. Turn signal diodes inside the side mirrors were 7 years ahead in time. The air suspension was 17 years ahead and Mercedes S Class adopts the design in 2000. The fuel economy at 27 MPG is great and the passing power on two lane roads is out of this world, 60 to 90 in few seconds. It is too bad that Lincoln stopped making this beautiful design to produce a 6000 LBS navigator that drives like a woolly mammoth and looks kike a box of rocks. Hopefully Ford will bring back the Mark 8 .

Cant believe this is a 1997!

by from on April 3, 2012

I needed a car to get around and came across this wonderful car with its interior so modern looking leather seats, moon roof and electric everything wow! I bought with some exterior damage but the low mileage won me over. I know it needs some TLC and altho its a down grade for me Im enjoying this car just as much

Our Expert Review: 1997 Lincoln Mark Viii