Model Details

4.5
Average based on 24 reviews

Best car in its class

by from Amherst, ohio on May 14, 2012

I bought a 2013 MKS about a month ago and find it to be a remarkable auto. It does everything. I am getting 24 mpg for normal driving, I havent taken it on a long trip yet. The massaging seats are gre...
I bought a 2013 MKS about a month ago and find it to be a remarkable auto. It does everything. I am getting 24 mpg for normal driving, I havent taken it on a long trip yet. The massaging seats are great.

Beutiful Vehicle

by from on May 15, 2012

This vehicle is amazing. It is quick, but also luxurious. The seats are soft, but supportive. The gearshifts are smooth. The interior is simple, but likeable. It is a very good luxury sedan.

Great Job Lincoln

by from NJ on January 27, 2013

The 2013 Lincoln MKS is the best Luxury car in it's class. I test drove the Cadillac XTS, BMW 5 Series,and the Lexus ES350 and the MKS is a ten. I do not understand the poor reviews this car gets from Car&Driver and Motor Trend Maz. The MKS is a Luxury car and drives like a Luxuary car it's not a sports car and I dont drive on winding roads. Lincoln did a great job on this car I love it.

Ole school

by from Bryan, Tx. on October 17, 2012

I have a 2011 MKS. Nice car, but I took it for granted that it had air ride. It has more of a sport car ride than traditional lincolns. However it does quite well on long trips. Good fuel mileage for its size. It is very well equipped. The active suspension on the 2013 model should compensate somewhat.

Happy owner

by from Goldsboro, NC on June 29, 2012

This is a fine automobile with a lot of extras. It takes some training to be able to benefit from the ability to accept spoken orders. I first found the many electronic features distracted me but once I was trained to understand them properly use these features they are of great benefit; however, I am still in training, mainly because my daily use does not involve many of the features on a daily basis. Maybe an in-dealer mockup trainer that would allow off road practice use of features would help. Certainly it would demonstrate what to expect to new users. If expensive, it could be moved from dealer to dealer. This may not be such a problem for younger buyers, but it certainly will be for the older set.

It's a modern day lincoln

by from West Lafayette, In on March 11, 2015

3/11'2015. I'm retired (67)---I'm also a car nut and have been since childhood. I recently broke my habit of buying only new cars and decided to buy a 2013 Lincoln mks awd with 19,500 miles. As a hobby job I ferry autos for a BMW and Chevrolet dealership. I have many opportunities to drive bmw's of nearly every type. I in fact do own a 2004 325 rag top for a fun car. The used 2013 lincoln mks compares very favorably with a used 2013 5 series bmw and is in fact roomier and more luxurious at about half the price. The 20 inch wheels do make the ride harsher than necessary. If comfort is your goal set the ride to comfort in drive and normal in sport mode and reduce tire pressure to 1-2 pound below spec. The car is plently powerful without going to the eco-boost engine. There is a lot of voice command technology to get used to---but once you become comfortable with it, it can be very beneficial. This is not a sports car and was not meant to be --however if you do want more of that feel---set the drive to sport handling in the sport mode and it will instantly become stiffer and quicker in handling. Some do not like the body styling--I do. It has a high beltline and high roof line and looks like a much larger car than it is. This car is meant to go down the road at any speed and stop when you demand. My preference for this car is comfort mode going down the road an normal handling in sport mode. This is a fine automobile and does not get the credit it deserves because some are turned off by the grill. I suggest 2013 and newer because many improvements were made in power and sublime styling changes. This car does not look exactly every other car and to me that's a good thing. If a nice ride with plenty of power is your goal---drive one in comfort mode. You'll probably be sold. Used 2013 and 2014 models are greatly depreciated and one of the very best buys on the market. Large , comfortable, plenty of power and many, many standard features.----Jim

Love the car

by from on January 8, 2013

So far we love the car and have nothing but positive things to say about it. Need to get used to the sync system.

Mks--How to greatly improve harsh ride

by from West Lafayette, In on August 12, 2015

The 2013 lincoln mks awd with 20" wheels delivers a harsh ride over expansion strips, bridge joints, small pot holes etc. The side wall height with with 20" wheels and 245/45/20 tires just will not absorb shock. The solution is to go to an 18" wheel and 235/55/18" tire or 245/55/18. 2013 did not offer an 18" option. In 2013 there was only a 19" or 20" option. In order to keep lincoln wheels I bought 2009-2011 remanufactured wheels . But if you prefer a different custom type of wheel they are available any number of suppliers . The 18" wheel does clear the larger calipers and rotors that came on the 2013 MKS. NOTE --17" WHEELS WILL NOT CLEAR THE CALIPERS--SO DON'T TRY THAT. So if you bought a lincoln mks and it has 20" and you want more comfort with a little less cornering---switch to 18" wheels. There is a remarkable difference. I pad 600.00 for 4 remanufactured wheels and 900.00 for new premium tires. But you can do it cheaper if you want to buy some new custom wheels and less expensive tires. I doubt it would make much difference. I just wanted to keep lincoln wheels on my lincoln although they are from and older model. Hope this helps someone.---James

LOVE IT!!!!!!

by from LaFayette, Georgia on April 11, 2016

We love this car. It handles well rides comfortably, has good solid feel to it and very enjoyable to drive. .

A lot of car for the price

by from Grand Rapids, MI on February 18, 2015

Summary: great luxury car with a powerful engine. Library quiet, smooth comfortable and all the tech you'd expect. Details: I have the ecoboost and tech package. This car practically drives itself. Adaptive cruise, lane departure, voice activated EVERYTHING. I've owned some other luxury sedans, German and Japanese. On the luxury side this car hands down beats them out. On the performance side.. it comes close. If the road is straight, this thing has tons of power. Makes power low in the rev range so doesn't need to shift a lot. You can adjust the steering and ride control to sport mode and it gets a little better. But this is a BIG car and you will notice that size on curvy roads. Big comfy seats, room for 5 ADULTS. Trunk like an SUV, seriously the trunk is HUGE! If you live in the snow belt: remote start, heated seats, mirrors and steering wheel, self-adjusting wipers MPG: I get 20 city 25 highway