2017 MKZ

2017 Lincoln MKZ

2017 Lincoln MKZ

Have You Driven the 2017 Lincoln MKZ?

Hot rod Lincoln with 400HP & drivers package

by Mrpushrod from Westford, MA on Thu Feb 08 2018

I test drove many vehicles. When it came down to it I liked the interior, ride and comfort better in the MKZ. And for $55k it is hard to find a creamy smooth 400HP engine. The other midsized luxury vehicles felt inferior. As if the Lincoln had a higher-end quality interior. The Multicontour massage seats (comes with the drivers package option which is well worth the money) are well thought out and leather & padded surfaces feel soft and supple. It seems like the Lincoln brand is trying harder since they have to thwart off the sport of American brand bashing that is constantly read in publications such as Consumer Reports. Furthermore, I test drove and ordered (now own) a MKZ with the Drivers Package that has AWD w/dynamic torque vectoring which intelligently applies power to the rear wheels when driving aggressively. With the package torque steer under normal driving is gone along with much of the understeer typically associated with FWD and some AWD vehicles. And to boot in my opinion the road isolation & ride felt better in the Lincoln than a Caddy, Mercedes or BMW. This time around, looking for true comfort & luxury I passed on the summer only tires option. So if there is some impact from having AWD vs RWD it will most likely only be noticed at the track or very aggressive drivers. Yes when you apply the full 400HP most torque goes to the rear but even the 30-40% going to the front can cause a slight pull. It’s nice they provide a per wheel instantaneous power read out so you know the rear wheels do their share intelligently (when you stomp on the accelerator). That said 99.999999% of the audience buying these vehicles today are not going to the race track. They are looking for stable good grip on a variety of road conditions along with easy control and sure footed steering feel. That’s what the average Joe wants behind the wheel and Lincoln delivers. The AWD with torque vectoring does its job and keeps torque steer under control and steering feel is precise; easy to thread the car through a needle. It also pulls a good amount of Gs in the skid pad and is snow worthy. BTW, I am not an ignorant just looking to be the expert and to hear myself speak. I know the difference between the Lincoln and a true sport sedan and opted for the Lincoln. My other vehicles are; a Corvette, Pontiac G8 GT (RWD 6 liter), F150 and Road Glide. The only cons besides the Lincoln name: scant rear head room, smaller rear seat than some, and weight distribution with AWD (not 50-50% front and rear like a RWD sedan). One more comment. Consumer Reports issue with the push button gear selector is really a joke. Anyone that is off the baby bottle will not mind the change. I actually think it makes a lot of sense to free up the console. Hope other brands do the same. A common solution amongst brands through committee would be best.

Great comfort, decent performance

by FrankB from Royal Oak, Mi on Thu May 11 2017

I replaced a 3 year old Cadillac ATS and 3.6 with this new Lincoln MKZ AWD. The front end styling grabbed me, but I took a long test drive and the blend of good road handling with a comfortable driving position won me over. The Cadillac was fun, but too low slung and you sort of dropped down into it. I never liked the interior as it seemed busy and too glossy. The Lincol interior is simple with clean lines and easy to enter and exit. The sync 3 is workable and easier than the system in the Cadillac. It works with my iPhone apps if connected with USB and will play music simply over Bluetooth. Stereo is adequate and fairly accurate sounding. Finally, the price was right. The entry level trim is still very well equipped and quite affordable for a luxury car.

Really Safe Car

by Love my MKZ from Fort Smith, AR on Sun Dec 10 2017

I bought the 2017 MKZ and loved it---however it was hit head on and totaled 15 days later. My husband was not hurt very badly, the airbag deployed, the fire wall held the engine back. The windshield didn't even brake. I was in Playa del Carman, Mexico, he didn't want me to shorten my vacation, as he was not hurt. I feel the car saved his life, as it is so well built! Shirley Farmer-Russell 12/10/17

Fun Car

by Larry C Ten from Stuart, Florida on Fri Jan 12 2018

I recently purchased my MKZ in December. I have the Select model, which is the mid-range model, above the Premier and below the Black Label. The car listed for 42,500 but got it for 39,000 at the end of December. The car is fun to drive and has many unique features that are enjoyable. I like the way the side view mirrors fold in and out automatically as you enter or exit the vehicle. The car's lighting at night is beautiful and the illumination as you enter or exit the vehicle is extraordinary. The ambient lighting inside the car can be changed to any color. I have a Revel Audio System that kicks butt. The Bluetooth system works flawlessly, as does the voice command for any station or navigational destination or point of interest. I purchased the 4 cylinder twin turbo engine that has 248 horse power. I have been driving a 6 cylinder for the past 15 years. The pick up is fine and the car runs very smoothly and quietly. I originally wanted a 6 cylinder but found out it was 400 horse power with all wheel drive. I'm 68 years old and live in Florida so I opted for the 4. I do notice a slight power loss with the AC on. The Lincoln has three driving modes .Comfort, Normal and Sport. I like the Comfort mode for it's smoother ride and easier steering. I find the buttons used on the steering wheel to be very small. Also, I keep pushing the electric windows to the rear windows, which are adjacent to me. The front window buttons are more forward. There are a lot of things to be programmed. Basically you can program every aspect of the car. It takes some getting used to. I do have front, rear and lane detection that beeps, steers and stops. My wife claims that I need it. You can turn off the beeping sounds if you want. The trunk is quite large and the rear seats fold down. I was considering getting the Lexus ES 350. I had been driving a 2001 Toyota Solara for the past 16 years and found the new Lexus to be about the same. It had the same 6 cylinder with 268 horse power. After test driving the Lexus, I decided to go for the Lincoln, which had a more inspiring ride. The Lexus had a bigger interior, but it is usually just me and my wife that drive. Plus the price was ten thousand dollars more. Again, I am quite happy so far with the Lincoln. On a closing note, I am leasing the vehicle. The way I was treated at the Al Packer Dealership in West Palm Beach was outstanding. No haggling, no upsells with courteous and informative advice. Lincoln will pick up your vehicle when you need service and will provide Tech support if you need it.

MKZ 3.0T AWD with Drivers package (torqueVectoring

by DrBuddy Love from Gainesville, FL on Tue Apr 18 2017

Sleeper... Engine is a beast. Handles far better than one would expect. High tech marvel. Pampers you inside. "Quiet luxury". Extremely nice car. Bought a "Lincoln executive" model (1000 miles)... Incredible bargain. Looked brand new.

Powerful 3.0 twin turbo!

by LincolnGuy WVC from West Valley, Utah on Thu Oct 10 2019

I'd been driving a Chrysler 300 Hemi for several years, I loved the power but hated how much time it spent getting repaired. It was a joy to drive but constantly broke down. My wife had been driving Lincolns for years and we've found them to be wonderfully reliable. So, when Lincoln delivered the 400hp MKZ I took note. I purchased a used 2017 MKZ with the 3.0 Twin Turbo, and WOW! The power is exhilarating! So much more fun to drive than the 300! I do miss the size of the 300 occasionally, but then I remember that I'm getting so much more from the Lincoln. The Chrysler got about 14mpg with 390 hp, the MKZ gets 24 mpg at 400hp. Easy win. Also, the new MKZ look is so much more refined than the 300. Love the car, love Lincoln in general. Truly a great value!

I traded in a Cadillac for this one

by dccleveland from EAGAN on Tue Jun 12 2018

I told my wife on our way to the dealership that if they tried to really push us to buy,we would walk out the door, however they were the nicest group that I had the pleasure to work with. From the salesman to the business office, everything went great.

A Real Sleeper In The Entry Level Luxury Class

by Jewopaho from Houston, TX on Fri Jul 21 2017

Feature-for-feature, no vehicle in the $40K range comes close to the Lincoln MKZ Reserve. I'd been considering it for a while, but that toothy grille was a huge turn-off. Now that it's been restyled to resemble the Continental, it's a far more sophisticated profile. Comfort is outstanding, with the driver and passenger seats being infinitely adjustable, as well as heated and cooled. Performance is really good, given the 2.0 liter turbo engine, which, by the way, runs on regular gas. Creature comforts abound, the ride is smooth and quiet ... a winner all around. Check with your dealer to see if current model year service loaners are available for sale. That's what I bought and saved some significant cash.

Sleek, elegant, classy.

by Nick from Auburn Hill, MI on Tue Aug 14 2018

This vehicle had my eye for about a year now, but I finally pulled the trigger. The grill is what initially drew me towards this car. The interior design is also fantastic, the soft leather on the steering wheel rim is a nice touch. The HMI is very well thought out and easy to interface with.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Used

by Steve H from Aurora Ohio on Mon Aug 26 2019

I bought this car used from a Ford/Lincoln Dealership. It had 23K MILES. I was pleasantly surprised on the cleanliness and the features of the vehicle. The car has an excellent ride and once my Ipod & phone was sync'd the access to all options is very simple. Great sound system and handles well in traffic and on the highway. Made the switch from a Buick Lacrosse and the Lincoln is a better vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15