2018 CX-5

2018 Mazda CX-5

2018 Mazda CX-5

Have You Driven the 2018 Mazda CX-5?

Love. This. Car.

by mrhinman from Midland, TX on Wed Mar 07 2018

We were a bit apprehensive about trying out a new brand, but once we drove this, it changed our minds immediately. We purchased the "Touring" model of this vehicle in Deep Crystal Blue Mica color. There were quite a few add-ons, including the power moonroof/sunroof, lane assist, navigation, and many other great features. We also opted in for the all-weather floor mats and cargo mat (highly recommended!). In addition, the model we bought had the 19" wheels like the GT model. Really only a few differences off from the GT model were the leather seats (we have imitation leather) and the heads-up display (which the wife didn't like anyway). There were a few other things we didn't get but could add later, including the hitch, satellite radio, and splash guards, but we were overall very happy with it. Rides like a dream, super quiet, comfortable!

Easily the best mid-size SUV

by Billy Claire from Marlborough MA on Tue Aug 28 2018

We drove them all. Nissan Rogue: poor acceleration and touchy lane assist; Toyota Rav4: just cheap materials, thin plastics inside and difficult to reach lower dash components; Volvo XC60: died on the highway road test leaving us stranded otherwise nice; CRV: ehh; Subaru: OK but no styling. Mazda CX-5: awesome. Great acceleration and handling, intuitive navigation and command center, beautiful styling, and the safety features respond to everyday driving better than the others.

Traded in my 2015 RAV4 and so happy.

by Terrydtx from San Antonio Texas on Fri Jul 06 2018

After doing research and driving my wife's CX3 I decided to trade in my noisy rattling 2015 RAV4. We bought the 2018 CX5 Grand Touring trim and love it after only one week of driving. This car is like driving a true luxury car costing thousands more with all of the features that comes on this top of the line trim. Heads Up display, back seats and steering wheel heated you cant find on Honda or Toyota in this segment. It is so quiet on the highway you have to check to make sure the engine is even running. Why would anyone buy a RAV4, CRV or Escape without test driving the Mazda CX5? There is so much tech in this car that the competition cant match.

AN AMAZING UNDERDOG! HOW IT WON ME OVER

by JPS from Mesa, AZ on Tue May 15 2018

I have never owned a Mazda, and I had never wanted to own a Mazda, but I had a couple of friends that were persistent about me test driving a Mazda. I was in the market for a crossover SUV. I looked at the Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage, and the Toyota Rav4 before deciding on the Mazda CX-5. I can't rate the reliability yet, but the friends and other people I have talked say that they have been reliable. Mazda doesn?t make a lot of vehicles compared to the other manufacturers. It?s more of a niche market that has a solid, but small following, something Mazda is happy with. From what I have been told most people that buy a Mazda will buy another at some point. Why I chose the CX-5: I personally like the looks of the SUV, to me, it looks aggressive and elegant. The CX-5 offered more options on the base model than the other models. However, I opted for the Grand Touring because I liked the white, parchment, leather seats better. Although I didn't get the heads-up display. Interior: This is by far the most comfortable SUV I have owned. We have a family of 3 and it fits everyone comfortably. The rear seats recline a tiny bit and the center armrest has USB 2 chargers. The rear seats also are set up 40/20/40, which I love because you can still have one side folded down and use the armrest. The front seats are heated and have an 8-way power driver's seat w/power lumbar support and 6-way power passenger?s seat. The interior was tested as the quietest in its class, and I can tell you that it is amazingly quiet. How? The CX-5 has a lot of double seals that help keep sound out. Also, the seals on the bottom of the door wrap under to keep dirt and noise out better. You?ll notice the difference if you drive one. I really love the dash and interior as it looks more expensive than it really is. The leather trim really helps as well. The dashboard isn?t just plastic, it has some kind of soft material wrapped around it. The cargo area isn?t that big, the Honda CRV takes that win, but it works for four large suitcases and the usual stuff I put back there. You can lay all of the seats down to create more cargo space. It has a power-liftgate that can be open from your remote, the liftgate, or inside the CX-5. Tech: The Bose sound system has surround sound with a center channel. I like to listen to my music loud, all I can say is that it sounds GREAT! The CX-5 was awarded for its safety. It?ll try and stop if it thinks you're not going to stop in time, as long as the system is on. I actually saved $200 off my insurance rates with this SUV. It also has radar cruise control that can bring you to a complete stop in traffic, and lane assist to help keep you in your lane and not drift if you're distracted. You?ll either love the navigation or hate it. I love it, I feel it?s very intuitive and I like the fact that you don?t need to touch the screen with the easy controls on the center console. I have memorized the knob positions and buttons so that I don?t even have to look down to change things. They also have free updates for 3 years. I have already updated my maps and it was pretty easy using my PC. Engine: I am currently averaging about 25 to 27 mpg combined driving. I would have been nice to get a bit more on the combined mpg like the Honda CRV which has best fuel economy in its class. On the highway alone, I have reached about 33 mpg on flat land, but mostly hovers around 30 to 31 mpg. The engine is peppy, but it doesn?t have a turbo. I didn?t really want a turbo as costs can be high for repairs on those. Some people really like them. The Mazda goes with a bigger engine and no turbo. There is a sports mode which actually helps get up to speed a lot quicker, but sacrifice?s fuel. Wishlist: The one thing that Mazda doesn?t offer is a remote start. It seems silly. It wasn?t a deal breaker, but I really would have liked that living in Arizona. They do have an OEM app, but you?ll need to buy a $500 module, have it installed, and pay a subscription fee of about $68 dollars a year. I don?t know that I have ever like a new vehicle as much as I like this one, it?s truly fun to drive.

Best car for it?s value. Feels like luxury!

by Anya from Honolulu, HI on Sat Jun 09 2018

Allow me start with how much i LOVE my new Mazda CX-5 touring with all its amazing features like a radar cruise control where it tracks the speed of a car in front of you and stops when it stops, automatic brake hold, and easy to use navigation. It really feels like a car from the future. Not to mention its attractive look, luxurious soft leather/suede seats, power lift gate, and boze speakers with a fire sound quality. I really feel like a million bucks driving it! Oh and does it drive smoothly, you'd think you're gliding on air like a plane. It's quick and responsive, and gives you an advantage in traffic when you have to act fast. It even "yells" at you to brake when you're coming in too hot and there's an obstacle in your way. I feel VERY SAFE driving it.

My favorite car ever!

by Catollie from Austin TX on Thu Jul 12 2018

I just bought my 2nd CX-5. They took a perfect SUV and made it even better! More safety features, with the same amazing body style, dependability, luxury features without the luxury price. I love this car.

In love with my new car

by Maggiem33 from Tacoma, WA on Wed Jul 25 2018

I did a lot of research on different brands and styles and this car worked out best for my needs. Once i test drove it I fell in love. It is an attractive car. Easy to drive, fast to respond, comfortable for me and my guests, and overall an amazing car to own.

Best SUV in its class

by Rick from Lancaster, Pa on Mon Jul 30 2018

Overall this is the best SUV for handling, comfort, features, high quality and being very fun to drive! We got the grand touring model and it is great in every way.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by dlsteinway from hull on Wed Mar 14 2018

I am so in love with this car. It is absolute perfection to me. I am a fan of Mazdas, having owned 2 previously, but I hadn't bought a new car in almost 15 years simply because we don't drive that much. Finally we decided we needed a bigger car. We looked at every option of SUV priced around 30K and Mazda was far and away the best deal. But the car is also just BETTER. It comes with so much kit and is incredibly comfortable and quiet. We love the soul red color and opted for stone leather seats to be a bit different, it feels so posh and beautiful. The petrol model fit our needs better (we don't drive enough to warrant a diesel) and it is super peppy and fun to drive. The i-stop function is amazing and has cut our petrol bill significantly - and we used to drive a very small car. Overall it's an underrated beautiful car and warrants more buyers!

This is the best car!

by Emmyrobbin82 from Austin, TX on Sun May 20 2018

This car can get great gas mileage and compares to the cars worth twice as much. I love it. You can go long distances on one tank and the new all over sensor features are incredible for safety! The lumbar support in these seats is really nice too. The trunk is super spacious and when moving I only had to make 3 trips with my car to move my entire one bedroom apartment! No u haul needed! The seats fold down and it?s suoer roomy!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17