2018 CX-5

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Amazing car, highly recommend

by GoBears31 from Glastonbury, CT on February 14, 2018

This car is absolutely amazing. Mazda gave the CX-5 a make-over in 2017 and it is a beauty. The outside is really sharp looking and the interior is beautiful. I bought a grand touring with the premium package and the remote start, which is the top of the line for this model, and the price was like I was buying a Subaru. There is a lot of cargo space and great leg room for those sitting in the back seat. The dash board is designed very well and the driver assist projection with sign recognition on the windshield is top of the line. Love love love this car!!!

Luxury without the price tag

by Chobomb from Los Angeles, CA on February 13, 2018

Prior to purchasing my 2018 CX-5, we had leased a Mazda 6. The CX-5 and the Mazda 6 were both Touring trim levels, but the CX-5 has the preferred package. In some ways, it's a lot like the Mazda 6 in how they drive and in performance. But where they differ was design. The CX-5 won me over with it's luxurious interior and exterior components but without the luxury car price tag. It's a great car and overall I'm very happy with it. The only thing I would have liked to have seen is more performance from the skyactiv line of engines. It's a decent performer, and highly efficient. However, it's definiitely lacking in initial punch (low end torque) and overall performance to make it a true challenger of modern luxury car class. But it compared to other cars in it's class, it's hard to beat.

Chose this over all competitors

by Ryan K from Valparaiso, IN on February 23, 2018

We test drove other cars in the same class and it was not even close. The CX-5 fit and finish, level of refinement, and all around driving feel is far above the others that we test drove. The interior is where it really stands out. It is very near the luxury brands at a lower price point. The cabin is quiet and the chassis and suspension feel solid and substantial. If you are having a hard time deciding which vehicle to get in this class, I don't think you can do better than the CX-5.

Love. This. Car.

by mrhinman from Midland, TX on March 7, 2018

We were a bit apprehensive about trying out a new brand, but once we drove this, it changed our minds immediately. We purchased the "Touring" model of this vehicle in Deep Crystal Blue Mica color. There were quite a few add-ons, including the power moonroof/sunroof, lane assist, navigation, and many other great features. We also opted in for the all-weather floor mats and cargo mat (highly recommended!). In addition, the model we bought had the 19" wheels like the GT model. Really only a few differences off from the GT model were the leather seats (we have imitation leather) and the heads-up display (which the wife didn't like anyway). There were a few other things we didn't get but could add later, including the hitch, satellite radio, and splash guards, but we were overall very happy with it. Rides like a dream, super quiet, comfortable!

Cannot say enough about how great this car is.

by TomK from Portland Or on February 24, 2018

This car is a great value for what you pay. I feel as if I am driving a premium vehicle but not paying the premium price. Comfort, styling ergonomics and driving are all above board. This is are second Mazda CX-5 nd I am a very satisfied Mazda customer.

AN AMAZING UNDERDOG! HOW IT WON ME OVER

by JPS from Mesa, AZ on May 15, 2018

I have never owned a Mazda, and I had never wanted to own a Mazda, but I had a couple of friends that were persistent about me test driving a Mazda. I was in the market for a crossover SUV. I looked at the Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage, and the Toyota Rav4 before deciding on the Mazda CX-5. I can't rate the reliability yet, but the friends and other people I have talked say that they have been reliable. Mazda doesn?t make a lot of vehicles compared to the other manufacturers. It?s more of a niche market that has a solid, but small following, something Mazda is happy with. From what I have been told most people that buy a Mazda will buy another at some point. Why I chose the CX-5: I personally like the looks of the SUV, to me, it looks aggressive and elegant. The CX-5 offered more options on the base model than the other models. However, I opted for the Grand Touring because I liked the white, parchment, leather seats better. Although I didn't get the heads-up display. Interior: This is by far the most comfortable SUV I have owned. We have a family of 3 and it fits everyone comfortably. The rear seats recline a tiny bit and the center armrest has USB 2 chargers. The rear seats also are set up 40/20/40, which I love because you can still have one side folded down and use the armrest. The front seats are heated and have an 8-way power driver's seat w/power lumbar support and 6-way power passenger?s seat. The interior was tested as the quietest in its class, and I can tell you that it is amazingly quiet. How? The CX-5 has a lot of double seals that help keep sound out. Also, the seals on the bottom of the door wrap under to keep dirt and noise out better. You?ll notice the difference if you drive one. I really love the dash and interior as it looks more expensive than it really is. The leather trim really helps as well. The dashboard isn?t just plastic, it has some kind of soft material wrapped around it. The cargo area isn?t that big, the Honda CRV takes that win, but it works for four large suitcases and the usual stuff I put back there. You can lay all of the seats down to create more cargo space. It has a power-liftgate that can be open from your remote, the liftgate, or inside the CX-5. Tech: The Bose sound system has surround sound with a center channel. I like to listen to my music loud, all I can say is that it sounds GREAT! The CX-5 was awarded for its safety. It?ll try and stop if it thinks you're not going to stop in time, as long as the system is on. I actually saved $200 off my insurance rates with this SUV. It also has radar cruise control that can bring you to a complete stop in traffic, and lane assist to help keep you in your lane and not drift if you're distracted. You?ll either love the navigation or hate it. I love it, I feel it?s very intuitive and I like the fact that you don?t need to touch the screen with the easy controls on the center console. I have memorized the knob positions and buttons so that I don?t even have to look down to change things. They also have free updates for 3 years. I have already updated my maps and it was pretty easy using my PC. Engine: I am currently averaging about 25 to 27 mpg combined driving. I would have been nice to get a bit more on the combined mpg like the Honda CRV which has best fuel economy in its class. On the highway alone, I have reached about 33 mpg on flat land, but mostly hovers around 30 to 31 mpg. The engine is peppy, but it doesn?t have a turbo. I didn?t really want a turbo as costs can be high for repairs on those. Some people really like them. The Mazda goes with a bigger engine and no turbo. There is a sports mode which actually helps get up to speed a lot quicker, but sacrifice?s fuel. Wishlist: The one thing that Mazda doesn?t offer is a remote start. It seems silly. It wasn?t a deal breaker, but I really would have liked that living in Arizona. They do have an OEM app, but you?ll need to buy a $500 module, have it installed, and pay a subscription fee of about $68 dollars a year. I don?t know that I have ever like a new vehicle as much as I like this one, it?s truly fun to drive.

Best car ever, 3rd one I?ve bought!!

by Kristink from Frederick, md on February 3, 2018

Love this car, it?s my 3rd Mazda CX-5! I enjoy every single thing about this car and it has all the extras included for a great price!

Really enjoy this new car

by Daleoldguy from Sioux city,iowa on March 5, 2018

A lot easier for me to get in and out of as I have a bad back. It is beautiful inside and out I love the color and the interior is out of this world

Nice ride

by KLD from W.Point, Ca on February 26, 2018

All the bells and whistles, only complaint, the seats are not very wide and the head rest isn't the most comfortable. But I guess it's typical of a lot of the new cars.

Driving this car is pure pleasure!

by Cynthia P from Davie, Fl on January 16, 2018

This car had what I wanted---great styling, dependability, safety, aND comfort. I love my car. I am happy I chose Mazda.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9