2008 Mazda Cx 9

Very Sporty 3-Row SUV

by from Richmond on January 18, 2011

We bought our 2008 Mazda CX-9 new in Dec. 2007. My wife loved her Lexus RX330, but wanted a 3-row SUV and did NOT a minivan. She insisted on leather, navigation and an automatic rear-door. The CX-9 had everything she wanted in the Grand Touring trim level plus keyless entry, Sirius Radio and we added DVD players in the headrests. It compared feature-wise to much more expensive Lexus & Mercedes models. After owning it for 3+ years I can tell you this is one great SUV. It handles like a sports car and the transmission always seems to find the right gear. In our Lexus we used to have to downshift with the +/- shifter in order to pass people on the highway. In fact be careful you don't get speeding tickets because you don't feel how fast you're really going. It could benefit from better cup holders and door storage and the gas mileage is worse than its competitors (we average 18 mpg in the city), but overall it's a great car.

CX-9 Greatness

by from Mansfield, TX on March 25, 2010

I have to say without a doubt the best crossover SUV out there for the price and quality you receive from the vehicle. I have three kids and they love this car. My daughter love climbing into the the 3 row seating and hooking up there Nintendo DS systems to the AC power unit and they say sitting back there is like camping out because it's their own space back there with everythign the need. They can still use the headphones to watch the DVD overhead. The SUV has alot of power in the engine, it gets up and goes and sounds so smooth inside the car when driving around. I bought mine as a 2008 model Grand Touring in WHITE, no other color would do. With the white exterior and black accent from the trim and 20" tires, what a great looking car.

2008 Mazda CX9

by from Chicago area on February 3, 2010

We dorve over 20,000 miles in the first twelve months. No major problems. It is everything we read about. My only complaints are cheap carpeting, cheap plastics on the door handles & console (scratched easily, but were replace at no charge), no MPG monitor, only one seat heater setting, poor mileage, navigation not great compared to Honda and screen hard to read at times. Have received many compliments on exterior & interior. My wife says very easy to drive compared to Enclave she tested. All-wheel-drive is awesome, although 2009 & 2010 performance tires not as good as 2008 (per friends). Blind spot monitoring worth every penny.

so far so good

by from westchester, ny on February 22, 2012

I purchased a used Mazda CX9 with just over 40,000 miles. So far so good. Nice features and drives very smoothly. Very easy to transition from regular car to this sized vehicle. Also the 4 wheel drive has done pretty well in the snow. Lots of room as expected. Also, as expected, gas mileage is not so great (but none of these cars are good on mileage).

Ties with Accord as most favorite car owned

by from Dallas, tx on July 14, 2011

Love this car! I have had it for 6 months and there is NO buyers remorse at all. Still excited that I get to drive it. Was looking at Acadia, Enclave and Traverse. It just drove the best of all those choices and had the biggest bang for the buck! Lots of nice extras. We call it Zoom Zoom because it is very responsive.

Great Alternative to a minivan

by from TN on August 24, 2011

I love my Mazda CX9- I wanted a 3rd seat car with good gas milage that was roomy but not huge. The CX9 is perfect, the 3rd seat is very roomy and easily accesible and also easy to put up or down as needed. (one hand to pull up or put down 3rd row seats). Also- 3rd row seats fold completely flat so tons of room when they are down, and a good amount when they are up.

Best car I ever owed!

by from Seattle, WA on May 28, 2012

There isn't one thing I'd change about this car. It's the perfect size, inside and out, good value, good quality.

Plenty of room for the family

by from Central Florida on January 24, 2012

Purchased vehicle to seat at least 7 people...5 kids, 6 grandkids and the family is still growing. Not interested in minivan, wanted an SUV. CX-9 was great value for the money. Ranked well in various consumer magazines. Gas mileage is good. Plenty of room and loved the heated seats on cold winter nights. Overall, very satisfied with our choice.

best car we have owned

by from Abington mass on February 7, 2015

Mike at auto country did a great job, the car looks and runs excellent and is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you mike at auto country in Abington

2008 CX9

by from denver, co on October 24, 2011

just purchased the Grand Touring model. This car is very nice to drive, heated seats, bose sound, 20" wheels and pretty quick. shop around to get a good price and low miles

Our Expert Review: 2008 Mazda Cx 9