2008 Mazda3

2008 Mazda Mazda3

2008 Mazda Mazda3

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Mazda Mazda3?

Will not trade in my Mazda3 for anything else

by Zoom Zoom Mazda 3 from Thomasville, NC on Fri Jun 18 2010

We purchased the Mazda3 back in Nov 08 (I traded in a Ford Mustang) The only thing I missed sometimes is the acceleration but everything else is much better in the Mazda from handling to versatility and the list doesn't end. It has over 50000 miles now. The tires for the 17 inch rims are only rated ast 32000 - 36000 miles so they have to be replace more often. It is a very fun to drive car, easy to move around other vehicles in the road and I love the sport automatic transmission on manual mode. I do have an 80 miles commute (one way) and it does great on gas (30-32 MPG). Way to go Mazda

Great car for the price

by New Mazda Owner from Los Angeles, CA on Thu May 06 2010

I did research for almost two years on various cars. The car I had prior to purchasing a new one lasted 15 years, so reliability was very important to me. I studied cars.com for over a year, checking prices and comments about the Mazda 3. I purchased mine about two months ago and couldn't be happier. For the price, it is a great car. Has great features and the car handles well. Also good on gas mileage!

Love this car!

by Some girl from Texas from Austin, Texas on Wed Feb 11 2015

I bought a 2008 Mazda 3 Touring with the Value Package and that has been such a great little car. Not a single issue with it since purchase, it's never left me stranded. The car now has 120k miles on it and the original brakes are still on it and still good. Minor maintenance work was done to replace the front shocks, all tires, belts, oil and air filter. No complaints from me on this one regarding storage too. I have fit a 6.5 ft Christmas tree inside using the folding rear seats, fits like a charm. Great gas mileage and power, no problems getting on the freeway or zipping around corners. People say I'm a darty driver, but I blame it on the car because it drives so good. Love this little car, I wish the new ones weren't so ugly on the inside or I would have bought a 2015.

309,000 miles and still going

by T.A.R. from Maggie Valley on Tue Jan 23 2018

I purchased my Mazda3 brand new with only 4 miles on it. I take good care of my cars, but I also expect a lot out of them, as I'm on the road quite a bit. This is one of the best cars I've owned. It gets great gas mileage (34-35mpg), has some zip when you step on the gas, and has been very reliable over the years. It now has 309,000+ miles on it, and is still going strong. Sure, it has a few small issues now. But for 309,000 miles, it's better than I would expect.

mazda 3, is number 1

by G from on Wed Nov 05 2008

I purchased a mazda 3i 2.0. prior to buying i test drove Corolla, civic, lancer. Mazda 3 is the best overall vehicle. The best combination of power, handling, smooth ride, interior and exterior. No other car offers all of this and mazda does it all at a LOWER PRICE!!!! The ride may be stiff for some but thats the price you pay for great handling and cornering. The brakes are excellent. Interior has great quality materials. Exterior design is attractive. Acceleration is good. Ive had the car for almost a year now and no problems at all.Great car, an even better value. ZOOM ZOOM!!!

as fun as an economy car gets

by laker1rn from san jose, CA on Sun Jul 17 2011

i've driven both the 2.5 and 2.0 packages, and found both to be peppy, fun to drive (for an economy car), and easy to handle. of course the 2.5 has more zip, but less milage and costs more. if you're looking for an entry level car, or basic commuter that doesn't lull you to sleep every day, even the 2.0 is good. i would suggest the manual if you go that route, as the accelleration is somewhat lacking in the auto, but as manuals go, it's the easiest stick i've ever driven. very smooth, and great for people learning to drive a manual. i considered the ford focus also, but in the end, went with this for a budget commuter as it would likely have better resale value (alas, imports in california generally do) and it was a little more fun to drive and got the edge in styling. i've had no problems in 4 years, though there is a power steering recall ongoing which i need to have taken care of, but otherwise, gas, oil and go. zoom zoom.

Mazda 3, most fun and style for the money

by David from Hendersonville, TN on Sat Jun 05 2010

I just want to say that I have owned a mazda 3 hatchback for over 2 years and it has been on of the best and most fun to drive car I've owned, the only one that was slightly better than this was a BMW 3 series that I used to own, however the Mazda has been just as fun and more versatile than the BMW. I love the hatchback, it looks great, and you can fit anything you want in there, and if you put both back seat down, you can load staff that you could never fit in a regular car. Great handling, fun, and economic. Even when I set on it a little more, I still average 24 mpg, normally I get 26mpg city mix driving. Hwy easilly 28mpg at 70mph ! That is for a manual shift! Not sure what an automatic would do. So far, 33K miles, never a mechanically problem. Just change oil and go. But even before I bought this car, I friend that own one before told me I should would easelly make 100k miles without any problems... So far, so good! I recommend it to anyone that would like a good looking, fun to drive and realiable car, that it is easy on gas.

For a student this is the best car money can buy.

by KevOffciel from Montreal on Mon Jan 11 2016

I had this car for about 2 months now and out 4000 miles on it and it runs great. No rust, great performance but the confort is not quite there. The sit are pretty hard on my back after an hour of drive and Im only 24 years old. The performance is excellent, I beat a brand new 2015 Chevrolet Cruize on the acceleration, so really great performance. Now the gas mileage in a city is terrible. It feels like I have a V6. But on the highway the engine really shine on gas milage. 500 miles no problem on 1 tank full of gas. Now we will see about maintenance, so far I put 300$ for a check engine and some sensor. Hope this review will help but overall this is a great first car

I sooo recommend this car

by I love my car from West Virginia on Thu Oct 29 2009

I looked at the elantra, carolla, civic, impreza, and the mazda came out on top. This is the first car I've bought, and I don't plan on buying my second car for a very long time. I wanted something reliable, new, and cheap, nothing fancy. I found a car that looked way cooler then I expected. I got the base model with manual windows, transmission, and locks. The interior and exterior are sporty enough to make one forget that the doors and windows of my model are not power. It is fun to drive. Solid on the road. Mom describes my car as "zippy" and wants one herself. My Mazda is everything I wanted. I named her Katana.

Great Car!

by MsZoom from Newark,CA on Sat May 30 2015

Have had this car since 2008 and it's now 2015. Extremely reliable and I have 71,000 miles on it. Have replace the battery and tires once and I need new tires again. Its been very economical to maintain with regular maintenance checks etc. Nice looking little sedan. Highly recommend!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10