2016 MX-5 Miata

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Most fun I've had in a car

by Always wanted Miata from Chicago, IL on July 3, 2016

Bought a red 2016 Miata new. Haven't stopped grinning since. The car is so fun to drive. I mostly drive it to work (top up in stop and go freeway traffic) and it is pretty comfortable and not as jarring as other sports cars I test drove. However, it is most fun top down on a nice sunny day, off of the freeway. Also amazing is how it sips gas, even when in stop and go traffic. I'm getting double the gas mileage compared with the car I was driving to work before (a 2014 Audi A4, which gets decent gas mileage). The sound system is excellent (not as good as the Audi, but better than most cars in its price range). Love this car!

LOVE MY MIATA

by The Duffer from on July 28, 2016

This is my second Miata. I rode a 2009 for almost 5 years and also loved that car. Was waiting for the 2016 style change to buy new and I am in seventh heaven with this new one. It is the GT model and everything is just simple enough for me to use. I am 75 years old and having a lot of fun driving this car. Hay folks, you only live once so make the best of it!!!

The most fun you'll have in a car

by Rex guy from Sandwich MA on February 5, 2016

I was looking for a great driver's car. I was intrigued by the new design of the 2016 Miata. Much more aggressive looking and a coherent design statement that is not retro, but something that stands on it's own. Biggest surprise is the engine. The heart of the car. A glorious sound and instantly responsive at all RPM. It drives like a 200 + HP car and I would not look for more power. The most amazing thing is the feeling of lightness and agility from the low weight. You are flying around turns faster than you could imagine. It is utterly effortless and remarkable. I have owned two Porsche 911s which I loved. This car is more fun to drive than either of them.

Love my two seater!

by Miata lover from Hebron, Ohio on September 13, 2015

We bought our Miata a few days ago and we love it. It's small, quick, responsive and it looks so nice. The seats are very comfortable which is important. The navigation system is great. We would highly recommend a Miata.

The thrill is back

by Topdown from Lubbock. Texas on August 26, 2015

Finally, after years of drab, under-powered and copycat looks the 2016 Miata has arrived and it has put the fun back in driving! Responsive, quick handling and so far averaging 28 MPG in the city! This is a great package!

2016 CERAMIC METALLIC SPORT 6-SPEED

by 4Horsemen from Jacksonville, N.C. on December 7, 2016

I Currently Own/Daily Drive a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata "ND" in Ceramic Metallic with the 6-Speed Manual/Cloth Seats/Non-Navigation. I Purchased It On Black Friday 2015 and I Believe Mine Was The Second 2016 MX-5 In The City In Which I Live. It Took a Solid 4mos or so Before I Saw Another 2016 MX-5 In The Area. Anyway, I'm a 46yr Male, 6'1" 205lbs and Yet I Comfortably Fit In this Car. I've Been a Roadster/Conv Person Since I Started Driving Way back In 1987 When My Dad Gave Me The Keys to a 1969 Austin-Healey Sprite. My First Mazda MX-5 Miata Experience Was On a Test Drive of a 1994 M Edition at a Mazda Dealership about 50mis Away From Where I Live. That Thing Was a Blast To Drive However For Financial Reasons I Never Ended Up Purchasing That Car. Then Again on Yet Another Test Drive Of a First Gen MX-5, This One Being a Classic Red One With Aftermarket Pieces (Chrome Seat Hoops/Wheels/Lowering Springs/Exhaust System) Back In 2006 or So. That Car Became Sold The Next Day To Some Young Marine Before My Financial Institution Approved My Auto Loan... Hence, Flash Forward to Black Friday 2015 I Test Drove What Was To Become My Daily Driven 2016 MX-5 Sport (a.k.a. Base Model) - This Thing Is Also a Blast To Drive, Great On Gas, Greats Me All Kind Of Looks While Out and About In It, Total Complete Strangers Asking Questions/Making Remarks About The Car - I'd Have To Say Mazda Hit a Home-Run With This Baby!!! #ZOOMZOOM

An Absolutely Fun Ride!

by Gabbie from Jacksonville, Florida on December 28, 2016

Just bought my second Miata MX-5 from Mazda City in Jacksonville. The sales rep we worked with (Ken Baxley) is the best; he kept an eye out for the best deal he could get for us and came through with it! My 2007 MX-5 was a great sports car, but the "fun factor" with my 2016 is even better!!

It's a Blast

by RCOB from Utica, MI on May 25, 2017

This is my third Miata. The first was a PRHT and was certainly quieter than the rag-top version. While the car has a small engine, because of the vehicle's weight you can make it scoot along quite admirably - especially with the stick. If you're going to buy one, get the stick. I had considered the new RF but the more I thought about it the more I thought I would rather have a completely open cockpit. If you're going to have a convertible, have a convertible. The car handles like a go cart. It stays glued to the road because of the low center of gravity. The steering is precise and small inputs will have you going exactly where you have pointed it so you need to pay attention behind the wheel. The car just brings a smile to your face. Put the top down and just go. I have cars that are faster but that's not the reason to get behind the wheel of a Miata. The open air is relaxing and makes you feel like a kid.

Most fun you can have at $30,000

by Parkman from Los Angeles, CA on June 12, 2017

This is the most complete and fun sports car you can buy under $50,000. The ease of dropping the top can make any ordinary drive special.. combine that with handling that is impeccable on canyon/mountain roads and on the track, along with a reliable, efficient engine.. well it's just tough to beat, and impossible to beat at the price. And this is subjective, but I love the design of the exterior and the interior is very well thought out. Two things that are lacking, the engine sound and top-end power. Also, size might be an issue for some.

My 2nd Miata

by MikeP from Morristown, TN on October 27, 2017

I had 2008 Miata for 6 years but I loved the styling & performance changes with the 2016 model. I never had to change a light bulb on the old Miata. Just normal maintenance, oil and filter changes, normal wear items such as brakes and tires, etc. Most reliable and dependable vehicle I have ever owned in over 50 years of driving! I fully expect the same with my 2016 model. I purchased the 2016 Club model with 7,400 miles and I am deeply rewarded and pleased with the 2016 Club model with the 6 speed automatic transmission!! The car is black with black fabric red pinstriped interior. It's my everyday car like my other one was. No need to baby these cars. They are built Mazda tough to withstand the elements. The only negative comment is the change pf window controls from the center console to the doors. I still haven't quite adjust to the change but over time I will. This is simply a wonderfully designed performance car.

1 2 3 4 5