3.8
Average based on 9 reviews

DONT BUY USED

by from manchester,nh on May 12, 2015

I bought a 2011 GL450 used with 67000. Running rough, Mercedes informs me that the passenger side cylinder head is bad and needs to be replaced for about 5000 dollars. They refused to ackowledge that as far back as 2007 these part are bad from the factory. No warranty coverage and lots of excuses. Vehicle was services on time at Mercedes dealer for every service. Mercedes quality? I should have kept my LEXUS. The Mercedes eletronics are not A2DP compliant and will not stream Bluetooth, and the navigation is cumbersome and 10 years out of date.

Car is not available

by from Long Island New York on June 9, 2014

This car is great but its not available. They use this trick to lure you into the dealership. Just beware.

DO NOT BUY FROM PREMIER PLUS AUTO in Columbia

by from Charlotte NC on November 18, 2016

Be very cautious of this dealership Premier Auto in Columbia and DO NOT BUY THE 2011 GL450 silver for sale. I live in Charlotte and took off work to drive down to Columbia to check out this car. I scheduled an apt with the Mercedes dealership and got a pre purchase inspection. There is $7k worth of work needed done on this car. If you only drove the car and did not get it inspected you would think there are no issues. Thankfully I paid $159 to confirm and was made aware of the issues. $2800 for the front air suspensions to be fixed. $900 front brake pads need replaced. That will be the 3rd time with only 61,000 miles that the front brakes need replaced. As well as an intake manifold issue that showed up in the computer - that issue may not be as serious as the other 2 though. I went back to the dealership and advised them of this and they were not even willing to drop the price $2000 to at least pay for the majority of the air suspension to be fixed!! I was willing to deal with the other issues. So basically no negotiations on the price and GM Floyd was not helpful at all and very unprofessional. I was seriously considering getting this car and spent my time and $200 + dollars on inspection + gas + rental car and the dealership was not willing to budge on anything. But then again, why would Floyd drop the price when the next person can come in without getting inspected and think it's a great car. $7k worth of work needed. Very unprofessional dealership!! I will say James -who I originally called and spoke to about the car was very polite and helpful. Stay away from this car and be very cautious about the dealership.

So Far So Good

by from Washington DC on August 25, 2014

purchased the MB 2011 ML350. took it on a raod trip and after 1,500 miles very satisfied with the car in performance, mileage, and comfort.

Diesel at its best

by from Woodstock, Ontario on January 16, 2011

It has been one month and the GL 350 diesel is meeting every expectation. The GL350 is smooth, responsive and drives very much like a sedan. The command centre is quite intuitive and well thought out. Visibility is superb and the safety features are second to none. Gas mileage has been exceptional for a seven seater. Cargo space is super.

Luxury Family Car

by from Raleigh, NC on September 29, 2011

I went from a Minivan to the 2012 GL 450. I like the 3rd row seating and power lift gate in the back. The safety features attracted us to this car. The blind spot detector is our favorite safety feature and next would have to be the locking seat belts. The down sides I see are that the 2nd row seat belts don't adjust up and down which can be rough on little necks. The headrests in the back are bulky and a bit uncomfortable. When I take a call, the kids can't watch the video I'm playing from the front COMAND system. The COMAND system also won't automatically play videos when the car starts... I have to turn them on with the remotes. Plus * The kids can watch videos in the back using wireless headphones while I can finally listen to what I want. MBRACE is an amazing feature. We have already used it while traveling to find out what was causing traffic on the highway and the representative could tell us exactly how much longer the delay was and alternative routes. I feel very at ease knowing they are there in the event of an emergency as well. The keyless start and entry is a bit tricky. My husband was driving and I had the keys in my car. As he dropped me off and continued on to our vacation home, he realized he didn't have the key and couldn't start the car once it was turned off. We quickly removed the push button from the key hole and solely use the key now. Overall and magnificent car- smooth, quiet ride and lots of power.

The best SUV on the road today.

by from Washington on February 9, 2011

The Germans may not be known for their romantic skills, but they sure know how to make great cars. The Mercedes GL 550 is a stunning vehicle and engineered to perfection. The power and road holding is amazing considering the size and weight of this SUV. It is a very safe and practical vehicle equally at home on a quick kid's school run or a 500 mile day trip. I am very happy to have chosen Mercedes again. The cars are expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

mercedes cut corners, obsolete

by from Minneapolis, MN on May 24, 2011

I own a GL450. While I like its body design and trust Mercedes' engine, I can't believe it that Mercedes cuts corners on a supposedly luxury brand. Example 1: The in-dash GPS system is not touch screen and is totally obsolete; even a $100 Garmin works million times more efficiently and conveniently than the in-dash GPS. Examples 2: poor sound insulation, high wind noise; even my old Ford Taurus is superior to GL450 in this regard. Mercedes is so designed just to keep their cost down by a couple hundred dollars on a $70k+ car?

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from florida on April 2, 2011

this car is amazing i just bought a 2011 gl350 and it is outstanding this car is worth every penny and not to mention how safe this car is! i feel like im in a tank when im driving this bad boy!