2013 Mercedes Benz Gl Class

Very nice suv

by from Memphis on August 12, 2017

Comfortable and rides like a car, nice interior styling, nice gadgets, enjoying this car. Spacious and nice for family of 6

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Exceptional luxury and performance

by from Atlanta, Georgia on July 18, 2017

This car is spectacular. I feel like it was a great value for the quality. The car has tons of interior space and is luxurious and comfortable. I wish it had the optional air vents for the second and third rows and the optional automatic fold down second row. Other than that I have zero complaints. It has all of the bells and whistles of most brand new cars although it is 4 years old and it is all done thoughtfully and to the highest standards.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Dependable luxury

by from Dallas, Texas on June 24, 2017

GL 450 was just right for our fam with 3 kids. Very safe and fun to drive. We took many road trips all over Texas and felt good after driving 8 hours straight! Comfy to the max!

What an SUV should be

by from Hartford, CT on June 9, 2017

The GL is deceptive in that it looks and drives smaller than it is. Its every bit as spacious as an Escalade while driving like a true Mercedes which is why despite a hefty MSRP it is the #1 best selling SUV in its class. Unlike a Cayenne, it doesn't pretend to be a sports car. Its a luxurious uber comfortable, capable and safe large SUV.

The best car I've had in years!

by from on March 19, 2017

We were car shopping for a few months with 4 different SUV's in mind. The Audi Q7, Lexus LX570, Cadillac Escalade, and the Mercedes GL550. We found the Audi was to small and the dash board was very basic and was hard to find with DVD players in them. The Escalade, for its size, was lacking size on the inside. The Lexus was too expensive for the year we wanted, leaving the Mercedes perfectly right in the middle of all of them. The price was right, it had everything we wanted and it is sporty and fast!! Also there isn't too many of them around. It's nice not seeing one on every corner.

A tank on wheels

by from New York, NY on March 19, 2017

This vehicle has earned my respect even with couple of headaches it has given me. Bought it certified with 34K miles. After little over one year I have put about 50K miles on it. I use it for work, and I really mean for work. Engine on this vehicle starts around 6 am and works for 7-12 hours straight non-stop. I had couple of issues with engine mounts and one of the exhaust valves, both issues were taken care of by MB dealer. Right now starting to have minor problems with front suspension. But to be honest, with NYC roads I don't blame the car. This vehicle is a true character of German engineering and American assembly. Do yourself a favor and get one of these certified or brand new with warranty, other than that, stay away from it, because it's very expensive to fix. Overall, great vehicle! Drives great, comfortable, and very safe. 7 passenger truck but handles like a sedan, great in big city driving, not too big and easy to maneuver in tight spaces, turn radius is great as well. Gas milage is typical for V8 engines 8-11.5 mpg in City and 16-22.6 Hwy.

GL350 Bluetec

by from Maryland on September 1, 2015

This is my First Diesel fuel vehicle. So far, I love it. Great gas Milage. I would definitely recommend this to friend. The GL350 rides very smooth for a diesel SUV.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from vienna,va on July 15, 2014

"This is my 4th GL450 and now 2013. There are marked improvements in the handling and the ride. The twin turbo is very responsive, while getting better gas mileage than the previous GL's I have owned. I only have 10000 miles on it, but so far, not one thing to complain about or change. Way to go Mercedes!"

Best GL yet!

by from Houston, TX on April 22, 2014

This is my 4th GL450, 007, 08, 10, and now 2013. There are marked improvements in the handling and the ride. The twin turbo is very responsive, while getting better gas mileage than the previous GL's I have owned. I only have 18000 miles on it, but so far, not one thing to complain about or change. Way to go Mercedes!

Rollover Prone?

by from New York, NY on April 15, 2014

Sorry, but am I the only one on the planet who feels the car tilt when taking turns? MB really messed up on the electronics with this car. There is a feature to raise or lower the car, probably hydraulics under the frame which case it to go up and down. I'm not sure what the advantage would be to raising the car unless you are ascending a 45-degree mountain off-road, but it really is a useless feature just adding money to the price tag. The car is actually now 'stuck' with the rear driver side wheel in the raised position with the remaining ones lowered, so taking a right turn at even a slow speed wants to make the car roll right over. The car literally drives on a slant. If I want to 'even out' the height so all wheels are on the same level, I need to drive in the 'up' position with all wheels raised, which make the car top-heavy and rollover-prone at any speed for left OR right turns. This is incredibly dangerous to all occupants of the car. Further danger is in the distance control feature, which will apply the breaks when you're turning near a car on the highway or getting too close to one. Disable it and drive like you normally would- safely. The feature when enabled literally wants to take over the speed/break functions with no input from you the driver.

Our Expert Review: 2013 Mercedes Benz Gl Class