Model Details

4.1
Average based on 21 reviews

very reliable car !

by from Palm Spring on May 21, 2010

I own a 2000 ML and is still driving it. It has now over 12500 miles and it's still going strong. I use it mainly for work, and so far, i only had some minor repair. This is a very comfortable car and very safe because of the solid body. I am giving it to my son when he gets his licence.

German Tank

by from Ridgewood on December 28, 2010

Built like no other.Very thirsty.Solid like the rock of Gibraltar.Steering tight and firm.A life insurance policy on wheels.

A REAL SLEEPER

by from CHICAGO AREA, IL on October 4, 2010

I LOOKED AT THE ML55 AND DECIDED I NEEDED MORE CARRY ROOM AND BOUGHT A RANGE ROVER. GREAT COMFORT AND ROOMY BUT WHAT A DOG. EVEN WITH A V-8 I COULD NOT GET UP TO EXPRESSWAY SPEEDS ON THE ENTRANCE RAMP. AFTER ONE YEAR, I SOLD IT AND BOUGHT A 2000 ML55. I LOST CARRY SPACE, WHY AN INBOARD SPARE TIRE?) BUT I GAINED HANDLING, SPEED AND BRAKING. WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE! NOT AS COMFORTABLE AS OTHER CARS ON LONG TRIPS BUT FOR COMMUTING IT IS GREAT. IT HAS THE PICK UP, SPEED AND BRAKING TO GET OUT OF TROUBLE. I AVERAGE 16-18 MPG WHICH IS OK, WOULD LIKE BETTER BUT THERE ARE TRADE OFFS. I HAVE HAD ALMOST NO PROBLEMS. THE MOST RECURING IS THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH FAILS WHICH DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THE DASH BOARD. THE BRAKES LIGHTS ARE DISABLED AS WELL AS CRUISE CONTROL RELEASE AND THE TRANSMISSION LOCKS IN PARK. FORTUNATLY THERE IS A RELEASE FOR THAT. ALL IN ALL I WILL KEEP IT FOR A WHILE LONGER, IT HAS 134K MILES BUT KEEPS RUNNING. I LIKE THE TRANS MOUNTED SHIFT AND THE NEW MB SUVS HAVE COLUMN MOUNTED ONES. IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO PICK UP AN ML55 YOU WILL LIKE IT.

great car for the money

by from Carson on May 14, 2010

this car has great performance. I especially like the room inside the car. it feels like i am sitting in the 'first class" seat because of the over size chair and higher "roof". It is very reliable and i hardly had any problem with it. I plan to drive it for another few more years (it's already 12000 miles) and will trade in for a new ML.

excellent car

by from Chicago on September 14, 2011

I LOVE this car!!!The car have everything needed for a family to cruise . Drives great in the snow. Will recommend to anyone including my friends and family.

Who Would Have Ever Thought?

by from Cincinnati, OH on February 9, 2010

This vehicle is everything the entry level Benz Owner could imagine. When you think of Mercedes Benz, you think quality, comfort, and convenience (luxury). The ML320 has it all. The handling and performance of this one is great in dry, wet, and snowy weather. If you are looking for a hot deal on cool wheels, this is the one for you!

Excellent ride!

by from San Francisco bay Area, CA on July 27, 2012

Bought this SUV because I wanted to ride it to Tahoe. Handles very well on Snow and slippery conditions. Ride is very comfortable. Benz has lifetime roadside assistance which I used a couple of times and really liked their service. Overall happy with the purchase.

ML 55 AMG

by from Oregon on February 25, 2011

This vehicle is an exellent road car that gets moderate fuel mileage. Being a 4-wheel drive vehicle there is a fair amount of weight and height added for this configuration. That being said, I would recemmond this vehicle to anyone that is in the market for an 'SUV'.

Nice truck

by from Illinois on January 30, 2012

My first luxury car that I own! Got a deal on this one! Nice looking SUV inside & outside for a 2000 ML320. It's a nice ride!

Best SUV ever

by from Indianapolis, IN on January 23, 2009

This classy Benz is the best SUV ever! The handling is superb and the fit and finish of the interior is by far the best of any SUV I have ever tested. Very stylish and head-turning.