2007 Mercedes Benz R Class

Great ride hidden by an edgy look

by from CT on August 23, 2010

Bought a 2007 R350 used, after getting rid of an ML 320 bought new in 2002. The ML was great but I sucumbed to a smaller vehicle (Nissan Rogue)because of the fuel mileage (14 city/ 19 hwy). Rogue was a big mistake. The tradeoff for the gas mileage didn't work because the Rogue was too small and uncomfortable to boot. The R class is definatly a sleeper. Great ride due to the long wheel base and rear air suspension, still handles well though. Gas mileage is an acceptable 17 city/ 23 hwy. If the repair record is as good or hopefully better than the ML, this is a keeper. The styling takes a little getting used to but it does grow on you especially if you need the room or want to be comfortable. You can drive this puppy for 16 - 20 hours and get out feeling like it was a trip around the block.

Family car with style and comfort

by from Madison, WI (And Florida) on July 20, 2009

I love our R500, it is the best ride I have ever had, however the kids always falls asleep in the back because it is so comfy. We have been on long road trips and it seems like the driver doesn't get tired at all - no noise, no vibrations, the heater and aircon is perfect - and the 8 cyl engine is fantastic. It handles like a sports sedan and is easy in traffic, We all love the ride !!!

Now a mercedes fan

by from New York on May 26, 2014

Ok I had my R350 for 2 years now, I just recently got it out of the shop for a $10,000 repair. Cam shaft, transmission solenoid and intake replacement and some other stuff. Now I'm scared to death of seeing the check engine light come on!......all I can say about that is , don't even think about buying a mercedes without a warranty .....with that said"....the R350 is the most comfortable vehicle on the road. The fit and feel is way better than BMW or any other luxury car for that matter. It is very thirsty riding around town but for long trips I can't imagine riding in anything else. Bottom line ....the R350 is expensive , but worth it!

Smooth Ride with 6 Passenger

by from Chicago on December 22, 2008

Love the comfort of seating 6 adults comfortably. The ride is smooth. The for wheel traction on snow roads is excellent. Great milleage on Hwy, gives me 24m/gal Hwy.

Most amazing car ever!

by from Morganton, NC on March 13, 2017

We have a diesel and it gets amazing gas mileage, while providing lots of room inside. I got rid of my Suburban for this and love it! It will get up and go like a sporty car!!!

Great Family Car

by from Yorktown, VA on May 16, 2017

Owned this car for 7 years, super comfortable, there was no much work needed other than regular maintenance. Parts are expensive. The car did not hold value ( my 2 years older Lexus is valued for the same price or little higher)

Great Car and Deal

by from Nesbit, MS on September 20, 2013

I use Cars.com because of the easy to use format and the way I am always able to find what I'm searching for. I've wanted a Mercedes R Class since they came out. I don't understand why they have been discontinued, however, corporate decisions-they didn't ask me!! Thanks Cars.com for bringing car and me together!!!!!!

Awesome Car

by from Dallas on September 20, 2013

My wife and I absolutely love this car, and would recommend it to anyone! I like the body style and the interior luxury.

My 2011 R class

by from on February 20, 2017

I have 2011 R class had small problems with the car would not recommend without warranty but overall it's smooth lots of room I love the car always wanted it when I first saw it .

awesome Suv

by from Beloit, Wisconsin on November 2, 2017

7 passenger Awd. Mercedes makes the best Suv on the planet. Rides very comfortable. Good on gas. Handles well in winter weather. Reliable with very little maintenance needed.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Mercedes Benz R Class