2005 Mountaineer

2005 Mercury Mountaineer

2005 Mercury Mountaineer

4.5

Have you driven the 2005 Mercury Mountaineer?

First truck

by Man from Alexandria on Sun Oct 05 2008

This truck is awesome. I was looking for a GMC Yukon. I saw this truck and had to have it. It's an 05' and it had 33K on it when I bought it in Feb. It is fully loaded and the premier package. It has thre rows of seats and the third row falls flat. Engine is a little noisy, but if you let it warm up it's fine. It has taken me to Myrtle Beach and next year hopefully Florida.

Pleasantly Surprised

by Father of Four from Western North Carolina on Fri Feb 16 2007

Picked up my Red Mountaineer just before a 600 mile road trip to FL. Test drove the 8 Cyl. Explorer also and the engine noise was atrocious compared to the Mountaineer. Very refined and quiet ride, very satisfied with fit and finish. Very satisfied with quality inside and out. I bought this vehicle in late 2005 and now have 36K on it. Not a single trip to the dealer. If there is a better value for the money in an SUV I'd like to see it.

My Favorite SUV

by Cara Mia from Northern Ca on Tue Jan 18 2011

It's comfortable when I drive by myself. It's comfortable as a passenger, because the passenger seat sits low and away from the driver ... but when we are packed to the hilt with kids and baggage there is a cramped feeling. The back seat passengers feel too close to the back of the driver and first passenger. Could have done without the third seat and pushed the second row back a ways. OTHERWISE it's a good vehicle. Happy with purchase.

2005 Mercury Mountaineer- Comfortable and Safe

by greston from Raleigh, NC on Fri Nov 28 2008

I purchased a used 2005 Mercury Mountainer with about 35K miles on it and the V8 engine. Despite its size, it handles well and is a very comfortable road vehicle. I am very much concerned about safety and the five star crash rating is important to me in any vehicle decision--more so than fuel economy. I have always wanted a truck and the Mountaineer is like having a new toy.

Mountaineer

by farm wife from ks on Mon Dec 02 2013

This vehicle is a bit more luxurious than what I'm accustomed to but i'm getting used to it quickly. It's a quiet ride, lots of extras, was a great price, and lots of interior room. Only complaints I have is the small area for storage in the back when the third row of seats are up and with a V8 obviously the gas mileage isn't great, but I do like the power of the V8.

Excelent Vehicle

by Gravy from Aurora, Il on Tue Jul 17 2007

This is an excellent vehicle, We purchased it new and have had zero problems with it. We love the ride and handling of this vehicle. The only thing we feel could be improved is that the rear seats don't fold flat but they have corrected that in the new models.

Good price. Good SUV.

by Happy Mother's Day to me ! ^_^ from Seattle, WA on Fri May 04 2007

Bought this car used, 3 days ago. We also bought 5yr extended warranty with it. I loved the way the interior and exterior looked, and it had a nice comfy third row. But the engine was too noisy for my husband. I don't really care about it much because of the warranty and the GAP insurance. If its not for us in 5 yrs we can always trade it in...

Best used SUV!

by JT from Altoona, PA on Thu Sep 11 2008

I just purchased an 05 with 36K. I looked at several 06 compairable vehicles with less miles and similar size. I did not plan to buy anything older than an 06/07 but this vehicle blew me away by price and features. I just traded in a 98 V6 explorer and I am getting better gas mileage in this V8 Mountaineer. The interior is awesome with all the bells and whistles. Safety features are great. The only knock I have is that the third row does not fold down completely flat. I did alot of research on this vehicle and it sounds like it has almost no problems thus far with any powertrain components. My family loves it and it looks so much sharper than the explorer. Another plus is that it looks almost just like the 08 model so you really can't tell the vehicle is an 05 unless you rally pay attention to minor details. Perfect for a family of 4/5!

Nice big comfortable car!

by ColoradoTransplant from Woodland Park, CO. on Thu Mar 16 2017

Loving our 2005 Mercury Mountaineer! It is big and comfortable. Rides higher than a car and has comfy heated seats in the front. We purchased this car in Feb 2017 and it had right at 100,000 miles. Still drives great! The gas mileage is not what I would like, but gas is cheap right now ($2.15 per gallon) so I am not really concerned.

amazing!

by LovemySUV's from Corning, NY on Sat Jan 14 2012

ive always had SUV's and when i traded my '02 explorer in for this '05 mountaineer, i was pleasantly surprised! My husband usually picks out the cars and this choice was all mine so i took full advantage..i decided on the premier package which gives you some extras such as back up sensors..adjustable pedals and heated side mirrors just to name a few. i love this vehicle and handles great in NY snow and ice. this is the longest ive owned a vehicle due to the fact that my husband and kids wont let me get rid of it! beautiful car inside and out.

1 2