2017 Clubman

2017 MINI Clubman

2017 MINI Clubman

5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2017 MINI Clubman?

Solid/Fun Car

by TaylorMutts from Detroit, MI on Wed Mar 15 2017

This is a really enjoyable car! I have been driving company cars from a single manufacturer for over 25 years, and finally had a chance to buy something for myself. I looked at many different manufacturers, but landed on MINI. The Clubman is a super solid car, with excellent handling characteristics and a firm (yet compliant) ride. I wish the 2.0l turbo had more power (I drove a Cadillac ATS with a 2.0l turbo that was awesome), but I gladly give up a little off the line performance for excellence throughout the car. MINIs can get pricey, but I special ordered mine so that I only got the equipment that I wanted. This was a great choice in cars, and the dealer experience was equally as good. I suspect there will be more MINIs in my future!

John Cooper Works Clubman S model

by SteveM from Ann Arbor, MI on Fri Sep 29 2017

As soon as we saw this car in the showroom, I told my wife, "I want that one." We were test driving a Clubman S and liked it. But after driving the JCW, ...WOW! Great pickup and cornering. Interior styling is reminiscent of a futuristic-retro aircraft cockpit. Plenty of legroom for my 6'2" 210 pound frame! A little rough ride on the poor Michigan roads, but to be expected with the tight suspension. Super fun car and great styling.

This car is soooo me!

by RamonaB from Boston, MA on Fri Apr 21 2017

Very happy with my MINI purchase! Compact but roomy enough and the interior, exterior design and overall ambiance make it a pleasure to drive/own. Wished they had thought of cup holders for back seat passengers but overall, no other complaint thus far.

Mini clubsmen

by Sarah from Oakley ca on Sat Oct 14 2017

Its a fun little car. Had more room then u think. Great on gas. Has alot of cute extra touches. It has cute lighting

My 2nd Mini. Even more excited about this new one.

by Mini Bob from Baltimore, Md on Sun Jul 15 2018

This is the second Mini I?ve owned I put over 100,000 on the first one had it for nine years now my new car I love just the same. The new technology is great , I just wish they offered mor options that could be added at the dealer like backup camera and navigation systems.

Remind me how fun driving could be again!

by Vyilmaz from Chicago, IL on Fri Dec 01 2017

I am dying to get in my Mini every morning and start my day with a quick sporty fun drive to my work. This little machine adds a little smile to my mornings. And I receive significant amount of compliments and attention everywhere I go with it. Can’t believe how affordable they offer such great car.

MINI COOPER AND S 550 MERCEDES BENZ

by LJMINI COOPER AND from COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO on Tue Mar 13 2018

THE MINI IS VERY RELIABLE, SAFE AND VERY EFFENCIENT. ECONOMINAL. A GREAT VEHICLE. I OWN TWO OF THEM WHEN I LIVED IN LONDON FOR 16 YEARS. I WOULD GREATLY RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE FOR PURCHASE TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I JUST LOVE THE MINI. A GREAT MACHINE.

Total package

by Don P from Helen, GA on Sat May 13 2017

Best car ever!! Staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Zach Stankowski is outstanding. He explained every feature in the MINI in detail.

Our Take on the 2017 MINI Clubman

The verdict:

The 2016 Mini Clubman wins with its charming, quirky looks, plucky road manners and new adult-sized interior, but it lost me with its ergonomically challenged cabin and frustrating controls.

Versus the competition:

The new Clubman delivers a strong one-two punch in style and driving fun, beating compact rivals such as the Mazda3 hatch, Ford Focus hatch and Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. Compare them here.

Editor's note: This review was published in March 2016 about the 2016 Clubman, but little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years

The Clubman took the 2015 model year off and returns for 2016 with new powertrains, more safety features, four real forward-opening doors and a much larger footprint. Compare the 2014 and 2016 models here.

Just to be as clear as possible when dealing with Mini's weird (but improving) model names, the Clubman is basically a stretched version of Mini's smallest coupe, called the Hardtop. The Mini Countryman is larger still and... Read More