2003 Eclipse

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse?

Too Many positives to list

by Eclipse4 from Naples, FL on Sun Aug 09 2009

The pickup is amazing especially handy when passing or merging into traffic in a busy highway. Gas millage can't be beat either unless you hit it hard all the time. I have had mine for 7 years and other than the usual maintenance, the car hasn't seen the shop.

Pretty good car.

by K13 from on Wed Mar 03 2010

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Elipse GTS and I bought it used with only 20,000 miles on it. It has been a great car, except for the automatic transmission doesn't shift right all the time. Also the interior design is terrible on the silver ones, the black and navy blue do not clash right. But other than those two problems, the car overall is a great car and I would recomend getting any of them besides the silver ones.

DREAM CAR

by ECLIPSE LOVER from Jensen Beach, FL on Mon Oct 31 2011

I searched for a used Eclipse for almost 6 months. I finally spotted one parked along side the road with a for sale sign. Long story short... I LOVE THE CAR. It had 97,000 miles at the time of sale. It was well maintained and in excellent condition. I feel as if I bought a NEW car. I've been buy cars since I was in my 20's (I'm 58 now) I've bought 4 brand new cars (75 Fiat Spyder, 76 Trans Am, 87 Chev Malibu SS, 88 Honda Acord). When I got divorced in 92, I realized I'd never afford a 'new' car again. Well, this 100,000 mile Eclipse is better than all the new cars I've owned. If you are buying used, make sure you get service records and a car fax or similar history report.

Awesome ride

by Importlver from Pennsylania on Mon Nov 29 2010

Well i traded my titan for this car at a dealership. Needed something better on gas. This car was awesome. Fast, reliable great on fuel. Never had any issues with it minus i couldnt drive it in the winter.

Very good car for the money!

by Drew from New York on Sat Dec 11 2010

I have owned a 03' eclipse GS for over 4 years now and has no issues. Drives very nice, it has such a smooth ride that you can notice right away! Quick and with the auto-manual it makes it easy to get up to top speeds FAST! Would never have guess it was only a 4 cylinder? Sum this car up; Quick, Reliable, Efficient, and a lot of bang for the buck!

Awesome sports car!

by sport car fan from Evanville, IN on Mon Apr 04 2011

My mom and I shared a black convertible Spyder Eclipse GTS, and that car was extremely fun to drive. It was always wanting to go fast, and we had to be careful not to speed (or at least not get caught...) My mom bought the car used in 2004, and we only gave it up because we moved out of the US. I will definitely look into buying another when I return. It had a great engine that never needed any work. We replaced the break pads a few times, and the tires needed more attention than most, being racing tires. Other than that, the car was very easy to take car of. It only looked slightly used when we sold it (minor scratches in the interior and a dent in the door caused by a grocery-cart attack) and that's after the car had been rear-ended twice (which never showed or made any difference in the car's performance). I sincerely loved this car. I should warn that the back seat is tiny, so if you're planning to fit 4 adults in the car, make it a short drive. Other than that, I couldn't have been happier with it!

I love this car!

by Maya from Carmel, NY on Wed Jul 23 2008

I have the sound and light package: great speakers and a sunroof. My only complaint about this car is noise. It is noisier inside than other cars I've had, so I just turn the sound up a bit more. I absolutely love the styling and handling. There is only one small blindspot off to the left rear, but if I'm paying attention to everything that's behind me it doesn't present a problem at all. The car has big tires and handles very well at high speeds. It has great pickup and it's gotten me away from many idiot drivers and in this way I've avoided quite a few possible accidents. I'm sorry they've changed the body in the newer Eclipses. I don't like the look of the newer models.

most fun, most durable

by cargirl47 from Scottsdale, AZ on Wed Mar 14 2012

My family owned this car for nearly 6 years; I learned to drive on it, and my mom used it to get to and from work. We also used to take it on road trips when three or less people were going. It's a great car, as long as you don't get stuffed into the back seat! When my parents bought the car, I was 10 and my brother was 7, so we both fit into the back seat easily, but when I was 16 and my brother was 13, things started to get real. We'd fight over who got the front seat on the way home from school, or if we both got stuck in the back, we'd argue over who had to sit behind my mom because she always put her seat as far back as it would go, leaving about 2 inches of leg room. BUT the car was extremely safe: we got hit three times, and every time all it needed was a new bumper (each time was a good old rear-ending). There was never any frame damage or lasting problems, even when we were hit by a Chevy Tahoe, which was easily twice the height of our car and plowed right into the trunk. This is a seriously resilient car: it doesn't show scratches or bumps easily, and the replacement parts are still widely carried. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a new driver, single, or has 2 or less small children. I loved this car, and I was sad to see it go when we moved.

First Car

by Jonny from Colorado Springs, CO on Mon Dec 05 2011

After looking for a Mitsubishi Eclipse for months, there was finally one available about 2 hours away from where I live. It runs smoothly, except that it might need some help as the winter months approach. I opted for the GTS trim & have not been disappointed. All in all, a car is a great investment, especially this one.

My fantasticly fun -to-drive dream car

by 2 horses from Pittsburgh, Pa. on Mon Dec 19 2011

I LOVE my 2003 convertible that makes the journey fun- driving is now not all about the destination!! I smile just even thinking about "Jubilee"- (that's her name)- and how my dreams of the last 3 years have come true! Thanks to Car.com, I have the ride of a lifetime!!

1 2 3 4 5 6