2008 Eclipse

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2nd Eclipse, 1st GT

by Ted from Rochester, NY on June 29, 2008

I had a 2007 GS coupe. Loved the car, great handling, acceleration , style and performance. This was the 5 speed manual shift. I tried a 2008 Spyder GS and felt the acceleration was not appropriate for an automatic. Then I tried the 2008 Spyder GT with 5 speed auto. Fabulous. Better than my 2007 with manual trannie. I have always loved the styling and the 2008 is identical with the 2007. My 2008 has an optional grill kit that fills in the open space I hated with the 2007. It was a debris catcher. Overall, I like the 2008 better than the 2007, and I loved that car. By the way, I have not even mentioned the convertible top. I'm at a loss for words. I can still hear the fantastic fosgate sterio at highway speeds. You definitely will like this car.

Why I keep buying the same car

by Eclipse LUV from Des Moines, IA on July 17, 2012

I've owned 3 Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipes, LOVE them!! So fun to drive, great convertible experience, and NOTHING ever goes wrong...all I've ever had to do are the normal things like tires and batteries. I live in Iowa so getting around in the winter is important, these cars are exceptional with front wheel drive that makes driving in all but really deep snow possible Nothing beats flying down the freeway with the wind in your hair and the music blasting...you just feel LUCKY!!

LoVe It!

by Caz from Byram, MS on November 16, 2009

I've had my '08 Eclipse for almost 2 years now. I love it!! The only thing that I don't like about it is that mine didn't come with a rear windshield wiper and I think it's a must-have! It's hard to see behind you when it's raining. But overall the car is great! I would recommend this car to everyone!

Great car, great price!

by Eclipse fan. from Sherwood Oregon on April 25, 2012

I test drove Z4, MINI, S2000, Miata, 350Z and the Eclipse. The Eclipse was the most comfortable, practical and economical eventhough it looks like a expensive sportscar! I can fit lots of things in the hatchback, take 3 passengers with me and still look sporty & cool! This is my second Eclipse. The first one was purchased new. Since it was problem free, I was confident enough to purchase the second one used. My only complaint is visualbility while backing up and the exterior mirors don't fold in. (an autobody shop can order them for $200.00, and they're color matched from the factory). When I testdrove the car, I knew immediately that I wanted to buy it. Great car, great price!!!

Pretty darned good

by TurboMivec from Palmdale, CA on May 27, 2008

I love it!.... Fast off the line, and a real drivers car. the handling is a little stiff for my taste but id rather drive this than my old Z4 roadster

Awesome

by JohnnieBoy from on March 3, 2013

I've owned one for years and love it. It's always been totally reliable, great for road trips and fun to drive. Fold down the back seats and I've fit in a 7 foot Christmas tree and closed the hatch.

GREAT 50th B'day Gift

by HikerBiker from GA on October 4, 2008

Purchased 08 convertible for wife's birthday Sept 08. She absolutely loves driving/riding this car. Only negative feedback I can give is with the alignment of armrests and seats; seems like the armrests need to be a little higher. Great car for the $$$

best car I've ever owned

by Dave from dublin, Pa on May 14, 2008

This is my second eclipse that I've owned and this is by far the fastest and most fun to drive. The stereo in here rocks ( got the sun & sound package). I definately would recommend this car

nice solid car

by redbugman from Koontz Lake, IN on August 23, 2013

We bought this car for my son. It will be his first car and we felt that the stability and extra safety was important. He loves it and we are very pleased with it.

Amazing car!!!!

by mitsu from Alameda, CA on November 16, 2014

We bought this car in 2008 and still have it. NEVER gave us a problem!!! it runs great, great on mileage, it is comfortable, and solid. It is super fun to drive and considering its 2.4 engine it is pretty fast. The back seats fold down and the trunk becomes gets more spacious. Ive fit an adult bike back there. Ive also had two booster chairs with two kids in the back. we ride pretty comfortably. The stereos sound fantastic. And the interior looks good, sporty, the bright blue lights are really catchy. This car is a head turner, always getting people's attention on the road. I would recommend this car to a college student, or someone who just wants a reliable, safe, fun, and beautiful car to drive.

1 2 3