2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Average based on 18 reviews

Love at first drive

by from Fairborn on August 14, 2011

I just bought an 08 eclispe, and the first day i got behind the wheel i fell in love with it. Its smooth riding, great on gas, and deffinitly has that head turn effect when driving around. has the 4 cylinder engine but this car can get up and run in a hurry and you dont loose handling when traveling at higher speeds. FANTASTIC CAR!!!!!!

2nd Eclipse, 1st GT

by from Rochester, NY on June 29, 2008

I had a 2007 GS coupe. Loved the car, great handling, acceleration , style and performance. This was the 5 speed manual shift. I tried a 2008 Spyder GS and felt the acceleration was not appropriate for an automatic. Then I tried the 2008 Spyder GT with 5 speed auto. Fabulous. Better than my 2007 with manual trannie. I have always loved the styling and the 2008 is identical with the 2007. My 2008 has an optional grill kit that fills in the open space I hated with the 2007. It was a debris catcher. Overall, I like the 2008 better than the 2007, and I loved that car. By the way, I have not even mentioned the convertible top. I'm at a loss for words. I can still hear the fantastic fosgate sterio at highway speeds. You definitely will like this car.

Why I keep buying the same car

by from Des Moines, IA on July 17, 2012

I've owned 3 Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipes, LOVE them!! So fun to drive, great convertible experience, and NOTHING ever goes wrong...all I've ever had to do are the normal things like tires and batteries. I live in Iowa so getting around in the winter is important, these cars are exceptional with front wheel drive that makes driving in all but really deep snow possible Nothing beats flying down the freeway with the wind in your hair and the music blasting...you just feel LUCKY!!

LoVe It!

by from Byram, MS on November 16, 2009

I've had my '08 Eclipse for almost 2 years now. I love it!! The only thing that I don't like about it is that mine didn't come with a rear windshield wiper and I think it's a must-have! It's hard to see behind you when it's raining. But overall the car is great! I would recommend this car to everyone!

Awesome

by from on March 3, 2013

I've owned one for years and love it. It's always been totally reliable, great for road trips and fun to drive. Fold down the back seats and I've fit in a 7 foot Christmas tree and closed the hatch.

Great car, great price!

by from Sherwood Oregon on April 25, 2012

I test drove Z4, MINI, S2000, Miata, 350Z and the Eclipse. The Eclipse was the most comfortable, practical and economical eventhough it looks like a expensive sportscar! I can fit lots of things in the hatchback, take 3 passengers with me and still look sporty & cool! This is my second Eclipse. The first one was purchased new. Since it was problem free, I was confident enough to purchase the second one used. My only complaint is visualbility while backing up and the exterior mirors don't fold in. (an autobody shop can order them for $200.00, and they're color matched from the factory). When I testdrove the car, I knew immediately that I wanted to buy it. Great car, great price!!!

Pretty darned good

by from Palmdale, CA on May 27, 2008

I love it!.... Fast off the line, and a real drivers car. the handling is a little stiff for my taste but id rather drive this than my old Z4 roadster

GREAT 50th B'day Gift

by from GA on October 4, 2008

Purchased 08 convertible for wife's birthday Sept 08. She absolutely loves driving/riding this car. Only negative feedback I can give is with the alignment of armrests and seats; seems like the armrests need to be a little higher. Great car for the $$$

best car I've ever owned

by from dublin, Pa on May 14, 2008

This is my second eclipse that I've owned and this is by far the fastest and most fun to drive. The stereo in here rocks ( got the sun & sound package). I definately would recommend this car

Sweet Ride and Eye Candy

by from Southeast Michigan on May 21, 2012

All in all I love this little beauty... with it's manual 6 spd/overdrive trans it has guts... decent mileage for a high performance vehicle and it's just flat out fun to drive. I bought a Stealth R/T in 1991 when they hit the market and this Eclipse has as much appeal and thrill of driving as did that one. The are a few issues with design... the interior plastic on the door panels, seat backs and trim scratch easily. There are blind spots when backing up with the way the front passenger seat blocks the view and visibility with the way the rear passenger side window does not allow a safe view of what may be approaching on that side. As for reliability there have been a few glitches which I've had to deal with i.e. sensors, heat shield weld, instrument panel issues which all were fixed under warranty. The vehicle I have also had extra eye candy such as sport undercarriage/package which adds to the sleek look. I've had this vehicle for just over 4 yrs now and bought it new... would I do it again? Absolutely... it's worth a look and definitely fun driving.