2009 Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

4.5

Have You Driven the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer?

3 years and still love this car!

by AkiraSan from Colorado on Fri Aug 26 2011

As the title says, I've owned the car for 3 years now and I still love it. I own the GTS version with the "new"2.4L engine. I just drove 800 miles in it and I was pretty comfortable the entire time. The performance is lacking, but its still very zippy, more than a regular sedan like an accord or something. It corners really well and handles pretty well in the snow(just get rid of the stock dunlop tires). The exterior is probably the main reason I bought the car. To me, its like nothing else on the road. the interior is totally average. Nothing really stands out at you when you're in it and the fake carbon fiber is stupid. As for value for the money, at the time you couldn't find a car that had so many features as this car for the price. This is probably the 2nd major reason I bought the car. It has bluetooth, upgraded sound system, sunroof, alloy wheels, 7 airbags including a knee airbag, and fog lights. Reliability for me has been rather good. My only major problems are self inflicted but I think the transmission could do with being a little smoother and more solidly built. Road noise is a major problem too. The factory scheduled maintenance is expensive so do most of it yourself if you can. Overall, this car is very safe, affordable and fun to drive. Definitely put it on your list when comparing cars.

My Amazing Octane Mitsu

by nflsonic from Rochester, NY on Mon Jun 16 2008

Well, it has been about a month since I have purchased this new and needless to say, I am loving every opportunity to drive in it! First off, the looks of the Lancer always command me to look back at it once I exit. I love the aggressive exterior design. Aside from me looking at it, I always have a few outsiders glancing at the car at every drive I take! Pretty funny to receive some nods of older Lancer Evo drivers around here! The Interior just makes the drive much more enjoyable. Tip: You have to buy the Sun and Sound package. The Rockford Fosgate sound system just blows away every music track I own in clarity and overall quality. Plus, turning up the loud 10" Sub is fun to do from time to time. But overall, there were two huge factors that sold me. First off was the impressive gas mileage. My average commute I can get around 27. On the highway I can average about 31-33 MPG. This is definitely a step up from my previous Oldsmobile Alero I traded in for this! Secondly, the handling. This car is one of the most fun to drive cars I've driven in a while. After an extensive test drive, I didn't want to leave the wheel! Just recently I went over to Letchworth State Park and it handled beautifully there. No problem whatsoever with the tight, skinny roads! My only complaint is what others have mentioned when researching this car before I bought it. The interior is fairly easy to scratch. Once knowing that, I've been pretty cautious swinging my foot out the door and handling the center console. Once inside and seated though, you really don't have to worry unless you like flinging your shoes around! Also, I slightly regret not purchasing the GTS model. I have the ES Sport, which basically includes everything the GTS model has except for the 16hp boost (with very slight difference in gas mileage) and the bigger rims. But I'm very pleased with this purchase! Overall and most importantly, this is a very fun and efficient car to drive. In the day of high gas prices, this car doesn't make you feel sad to drive around and fuel up. You owe it to at least test drive one!

Nicely equiped

by Wiz from Arlington, TX on Fri Nov 30 2012

Bought this GTS for my son now in college. Great little car for the money. I paid below market value for it with 113K on the odometer. First time buying a foreign car, since I've owned nothing but US made. Transmission is really unique with 6 spd and variable speed belt torque convertor. Paddle shifters are great feature as is the Nav system and keyless fob entry,start. Perfect first car for him with excellent mpgs.

Great Merchandise

by Lance 2009 from Florida on Mon Oct 21 2013

Bought a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer, Great car!!!! A+++ Sellers, ask for Brian he is very personable and gave me a great deal. Thank you Expert auto and I am glad to be part of the "Expert" family!

Owned for 10 years, most reliable car ever owned!

by Driv3nMeNutz from Columbus, Ohio on Sun Jun 10 2018

I LOVE this car! When I bought it, I didn't want the 2 additional packages (Navigation / Sun & Sand), as each one added $2500 to the cost of the car...BUT...the dealer wanted to get the car of off the lot so we worked things out. I am SO THANKFUL that we did, as I have never loved a car as much as this. I know it's not an Evo, but let's be practical here. I'm fine with a 2.4L I4 F DOHC 24V engine putting out 168hp b/c it is "quick", keeps me out of trouble, fun to drive, and gets AMAZING mileage. I love being able to put ALL of my CDs into the single disc system and have it automatically convert the them to MP3 format and then copy each CD onto the built-in 40GB hard drive. The sound from the 650-watt Rockford-Fosgate Punch Premium Sound System (9 speakers + 10" dual voice sub) is INSANE. The ability to watch DVD's on the 7" navigation screen is also great for passengers, as is the navigation system and entire computer system itself! The car is easy to drive, comfortable, looks a LOT faster than it is, and has been great to me for 10 years and around 80,000 miles. If you can find a 5-speed Lancer GTS from 2009...jump on it....you will not be disappointed!!!

I love technology on the 2009 GTS

by LancerGTS from Belleville, nj on Fri Aug 01 2008

I recently pick up the 2009 Lancer GTS with the multi-media center/navi. Technology is awesome in this car (keyless thumb entry, Bluetooth, music hard drive, etc.) The ride is a bit bumpy maybe because i am a previous 04 Accord owner. I have the automatic with tiptronic transmission. Quick pick up for168hp and handle corners like a pro. Driving on regular transmission is a bit lazy. But for 23K, the technology, speed and looks, you can?t go wrong.

Awesome car!!

by SteveK from Noblesville, IN on Fri Feb 02 2018

I bought a Lancer GTS brand new in 2009. I drove it to 140,000 miles and it was flawless! It was amazingly reliable and I never had to put a penny into outside of normal maintenance (oil changes/brakes/tires/etc...). This car was so much fun and had great mileage! I would definitely recommend the Lancer GTS!

I love the Lancer

by Laker Fan from on Sat Jul 18 2009

I've driven the Corolla, Civic, Sentra, and Mazda3 before. This car doesn't compare to any of them. In fact, out of every car I've driven the Lancer compares most closely to the Nissan Maxima. And its half the price

Fun daily driver

by Alphairish from Madison, Wi on Sun May 08 2011

I found a used fully loaded GTS when I was out looking at a new Subaru Impreza. While the used Subaru had some advantages in handling and ride comfort the GTS had so much more to offer as far as options and visual appeal for less money. The navigation sytem is a bit clunky to operate compared to my Garmin and I have not found a way to update maps but it will get you there. The same can be said for setting up the blue tooth phone system. To save phone book entries you are forced to enter them vocally which can be very trying but once your phone book is set up it works well. You will need a five dollar chord from your local Walmart to be able to connect your mp4 player to your stereo. You cannot have video playing while driving. The ride is stiff and sporty this is no luxury ride but I have taken trips as long as two hours and have remained fairly comfortable. The ergonomics of the drivers armrests are terrible and you are forced to reach. The interior dash is plastic and looks a bit cheap but a 300 dollar add on trim kit can resolve this. The touch screen stereo is fairly easy to operate and sounds good with the premium seven speakers which includes a subwoofer. The hardrive forces you to burn music to cds to load them (no usb input) but it's nice to have if you dont want to hook up your iphone/mp4. I love the aggressive styling of this car. To get the same look in a Subaru you would have to step up to a WRX for much more money. It is very fun to drive and the CVT is very intuitive. The sport transmission gives you the option of shifting manually without a clutch and paddle shifters are included on the steering column. Other than a few ergonomic shortcomings and some cheap interior trim I am very happy with this car and would definately buy it again. Wish it was AWD like the Subaru though.

Sporty Car !

by Axe from Damascus, MD on Fri Mar 05 2010

I've owned my 2009 Lancer ES-Sport for almost a year now and I love to drive it.The interior is a little noisier than a Honda Civic, but some people prefer it.I've gotten as much as 35 mpg driven within 10 mph of the speed limit.Like any car the more aggressive you drive the worst your mpg will be.The car may be a little tight for large people.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

I sometimes pore over feature lists and specifications trying to figure out what makes a particular trim level worth more or less than another — or even why it exists at all. Occasionally there is no good reason. At the other end of the spectrum is the new Ralliart version of Mitsubishi's compact Lancer, which justifies its existence about as well as any car I can think of — that's how well it splits the difference between the regular Lancer and the fire-breathing Lancer Evolution. As one of the most entertaining and satisfying cars I've tested in quite some time, it should make any shopper think twice before committing to a Subaru Impreza WRX.

Humble Beginnings