2019 Outlander

2019 Mitsubishi Outlander

2019 Mitsubishi Outlander

4.5

Have You Driven the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander?

Premium Features Without the Premium Cost

by PracticalDad from Redlands, CA on Sun Dec 30 2018

I have owned the 2019 Outlander SEL 2WD with the SEL Touring Package for two weeks and absolutely love driving the vehicle. Paying thousands less than other three row SUVs with comparable features and options, the Outlander SEL with the Touring Package comes with forward collision mitigation, late departure warning, adaptive cruise control, power glass sunroof, multi-view camera system, LED high/low bean headlights and foglights, heated front seats and steering wheel, and a 710w Rockford Fosgate audio system. I spent months researching three row SUVs then test drove various offerings from Nissan, Ford, and Volkswagen before settling on the Outlander. I am a family man with two small boys and do need an SUV that pretends to be a sports car. 166hp is sufficient in getting me from point A to B (home to work, weekend errands, and occasional trips with the family to visit friends and family). Third row seats are a bit cramp for adults, but I feel that children and adults under 5'6 can sit in the rear with reasonable comfort. Finally, what I like about the Outlander is the drive and feel is very similar to my Camry SE 4-cyl. If you are looking for an inexpensive and practical three row SUV with great factory warranty, premium features, good reliability, please consider the Outlander. Keep in mind that this vehicle will not satisfy your urge to be "fast and furious."

Replaced my 2016 model with the 2019.....

by MitsuDrivin from Orlando, FL on Wed Jul 24 2019

I originally leased the 2016 SE because we needed a larger car for the family and it was one of the few that came with a 3rd row that wasn't a land yacht. My only real complaint was that the car felt under powered, but I am driving a mid sized crossover. Three years later it was just smarter for me to buy a new one instead of keeping the old one. I bought the exact same just 2019 and this one came with some upgrades; leather, upgraded infotainment, all weather, etc. I LOVE this car! While it still remains a little under powered from stop; I have no issues passing and accelerating when I need to. The car rides SUPER smooth and is just all around comfortable. Even the third row is can fit a grown adult fairly comfortably which is saying a lot considering the competition. The car just looks nice and it drives nice and I didn't have any issues with my first one after 3 years of pretty hard driving and my new one is picking up where the old Mitsu left off. Aside from all this it burns gas pretty much like a car; I get 350-400 miles per tank pretty consistently on a 15 gallon tank. This is one of those great sleepers that most people don't even think about. It is a great car.

Best vehicle I've owned

by MikeM from Moline IL on Thu Apr 11 2019

This SUV is by far the best value for the money. It handles better than any other I test drove. It has an awesome stereo, much better than the other companies. It looks great and is fun to drive

Love it!

by Carylsrealm from Bloomington, IL on Tue Mar 26 2019

This car is a Beauty! I simply love this car because it has everything I wanted updated on it! Syncs with apple or android so you have all your apps, lane assist, heated side mirrors, luxury inside, I just love it! Plus it's fun to ride in AND it fits 7 people! For me it doesn't get any better than a party in my car!

love it....

by Boogzbaby from Orlando, FL on Wed Jun 05 2019

meets my needs, handles well smooth ride perfect size not too big not to small.. I guess was made for me. lol SE model I think is the best value for sure... just in case your out there thinking which one to use I got in the base n was like nah.. I jump in se boom I'll take it. lol

Just what I needed

by NPete from St. Louis, MO on Tue Jun 11 2019

I thought long and hard about getting this car. I know it's still early days but I've loved every minute of I t.f so far, and long may that continue!

Best car I have owned

by katvic04 from San Antonio TX on Sun Jul 28 2019

I will only buy Mitsubishi. These cars last over 10 years. I have a 2009 outlander and this car has never left me stranded. I have never had any issues with any Mitsubishi I have owned. I love my outlander so much that I bought another one this year.

Best value for money

by warren67 from Sydney on Sun Aug 11 2019

I have driven an 7 seater outlander 600 kms and it used just under one tank of gas it was smooth to drive the only complaint was that it lack power when going up steep hills but handled very well. The steering seemed a bit heavy on rough dirt gravel roads but in saying that it was 2015-16 model since then i always wanted to by one and i just test drive some other suvs that were alot more expensive even pajero which was a lot better interior wise room but and was diesel and i found lacked performance big time comparing with the outlander sl 2018 model ,the pajero was 2019 i found that the outlander was far more smoother drive and performed better but the pajero was more space in the cabin area and console was bigger as well as the dash and seats nicer but was all leather and very nice but i chose the outlander as i thought it was better value i dont know why the so call car experts tend to bag out the out lander i think maybe they paid to do so due to there popularity stupid as the outlander cant be that bad as they seem to be the most popular suv in australia as just about 1 in 5 people suv drivers have one including car hire companies hire them out ... Good car dont listen to the online experts they dont have clue what their talking about listen to the consumer they should know im glad thats what i did ..

Car rides and Handles great

by Dab in midwest from Monrovia ,Ind on Thu May 30 2019

I have taken car on long trips 800-900 miles. Rides great and handles great. Currently getting between 30 and 31 mpg. Love how quiet it rides . Thinking of upgrading to The GT model with more options. (Currently have the Se , got such a great end of the model year deal I couldn’t pass it up). Exterior styling is a little bland but the interior is impressive.

Affortability and style

by Mischief394 from MN on Thu Oct 24 2019

I test drove multiple vehicles in the "affordable" 3rd row SUV range (Kia Sorento, Nissan Pathfinder) and by far this car gave us the bells and whistles we wanted without an insane price tag.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander

The verdict:

The Outlander is an affordable way to carry seven people, but it lacks the refinement and features of other family haulers.

Versus the competition:

Though the Outlander wins on price, it doesn’t win on much else — there are simply several better vehicles in its class.

It seems like the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander would be right up my alley. I love a deal. When I go grocery shopping, if it’s not on sale, I don’t buy it even if I know I like it; the shirt I’m wearing as I write this is the result of stackable online coupons; my cell phone is on a family plan; I would rather walk five blocks (long ones) than pay for parking. Point is, I’m a man who loves saving money. And the Outlander is nearly the cheapest way you can get three rows of seats and space for seven people, with the exception of the Dodge Journey.

But after a week with the 2018 Outlander, I found my whole worldview changing. There are times when it doesn’t pay to skimp —... Read More