2010 Altima

2010 Nissan Altima

2010 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2010 Nissan Altima?

I can't get enough of this car!

by Nissanlvr from Newport News, VA on Mon Feb 07 2011

I owned a 2008 Nissan Sentra previously and wanted something with more room and comfort. I test drove an Altima S with the 2.5. I was impressed at how smooth this car drove and handled as well as the power produced from a 4 cylinder motor. I drive 65 miles per day with slight grades thoughout and found that the motor doesn't labor a bit on the open road and has plenty of power when passing. I have the all black interior which is like climbing into a Stealth Fighter. I can't think of anything I don't like about this car.

Best car driven so far

by Daily Driver from Weslaco,TX on Wed Aug 31 2011

purchased car used 35,300 miles. We have driven the car for a month now. have had no trouble with the car. excellent mpg. This is our first Nissan purchase. We will purchase another Nissan. The interior led lighting on the gauges is an excellent touch, keeps me from speeding. once inside the vehicle and a look around you see all the curtain side air bags on the passenger and driver sides and you know you are in a Safe Vehicle.

Everything friend said it was

by ex chevy owner from Texas on Thu Nov 18 2010

What a deal! I got my Altima S sedan for just under 18,000 new. I do a lot of highway driving, and routinely get around 36 mpg. Goes like a scalded dog when passing and merging. And has little touches the Malibu and Camry don't have, like cloth door panels instead of hard plastic. I agree with another reviewer that its a bit slow off the line. But, I didn't buy it to drag race. A friend told me the Altima was a great highway cruiser, and that is sooo true. And, for about 1500 in the accessory shop, I will have a 19,500 car with fog lights, rims, and stereo with usb, satellite, aux, and nav that would have cost me close to 25,000 in a chevy or toyota or honda. It took me over 30 years, but I finally came back to Nissan.

Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

by value car lover from New Jersey on Thu Aug 12 2010

I bought the 2.5 SL 175 Horse power I4 with luxury package. It has plenty of power and better pickup than other No.1 Jap family sedan. Sport suspension is just tight enough to give great cornering without feeling too harsh. The leather seats come with lumbar support which I really needed. The seats are very comfortable. The CVT transmission is unique, you don't feel gear changes. The best thing is it gives very good mileage even in suburban driving on local roads ~25 mpg with no freeway miles and touching 37 mpg on pure freeway. Cons: the CVT transmission doesn't like if you push the pedal to the metal at starting. it kind of hesitates but above 20 mph, it responds really well. Nissan sells extras in big packages and you end up getting things you may not need like sunroof if you want leather seats. I switched to Altima after driving 10 years the other N0.1 Japanese auto, and after 2000 miles love it.

Just What I Wanted

by MN mama from Minneapolis, MN on Mon Nov 28 2011

I wanted something reliable that got good mileage and had enough storage room for a family of three to make frequent interstate trips. Also, my husband is 6'5", which presents its own challenge. The Altima is comfortable for both of us to drive, all of us to ride in, and it's plenty zippy for the mileage. I love it.

FOURTH NISSAN ALTIMA OWNED

by JAN B. from Elmwood Park on Mon Jul 19 2010

This is the fourth Nissan Altima I've had and it is the best ever! I love this car! - It's 4-door, stylish and classy in silver and the seats are more comfortable than ever with good back support. Have always had cloth seats but these are beautiful! The 2.5 engine is powerful and steering/braking handling is better than ever! I feel very safe in this car - the ride is smooth and steady and it hugs the road. Good value for the price - would highly recommend it to anyone - young or old ! Thank you Nissan!

4 years later, and I'm still in love

by Tek from Northern VA on Sun Jul 06 2014

Bought my 2010 Altima 2.5 S brand new, and I'm absolutely in love with it. Most of my height is in my torso, so finding a car that I could actually fit in without brushing my hair on the ceiling was a chore, and this one fits me perfectly. I have the optional sunroof and, even though it takes away about 2 inches of height, I still have plenty of head room. Excellent pickup for a 4 cylinder sedan, and the engine is quiet. It handles incredibly well, and I always feel in control. The interior is roomy, and all dashboard controls are within arms reach. There is a USB port inside the armrest that both charges and syncs an iPhone (and presumably other phones/mp3 devices, although I haven't tried anything else.) The sync is not 100%, though. For some reason it will not sync with the entertainment console every time my phone's plugged in, but when it does work, I can navigate all of my music through the radio screen/controls. Bluetooth sound quality is good, and everyone I've asked has said that although I obviously sound like I'm using bluetooth, that they can hear me very clearly. The dual climate control is nifty, although not as impressive as other cars I've ridden in. The "Auto" temperature control automatically assumes I want the A/C on, which is, more often than not, untrue, and there's no way I know of to change that default setting. The exterior design has a "timeless" quality to it. I don't feel as if I'm ever, in the future, going to look at my car and think "Oh, it's so obviously from the early 20-teens." It's sleek, it's simple, and it's stylish. Sonatas and Accords have since come out with designs that are strikingly similar to the 2010 Altima, which I think is flattering. I have been in one accident with it, and I felt perfectly safe through the whole ordeal. The ABS kicked in and took me from about 45mph to 5mph in about two car-lengths. I love this car, and I recommend it to everyone who's car hunting.

First Altima and I love it

by First time Nissan owner from Raleigh, NC on Tue Oct 05 2010

I've had my new Altima 2.5S for a week now and love this car. For the price, the other brands can't match what you get with the Altima. The styling is great. Outside is classy and sharp while the inside is functional and comfortable. The 175 hp I-4 provides plenty of pep when you need it (a little slow of the line, but responds well for merging, etc.). The CVT transmission is like no transmission I've ever had. It provides for a very smooth ride, you can't even feel it shift. Switching to the manual mode provides a chance to drive a grocery getter more like a sports car. I was very loyal to another brand before, but will always look at Nissan first now after owning this car.

Love this car

by madczech from Eagan,MN on Fri May 13 2011

Got myself a third Altima and I am a ahppy customer again. I had 2001 (my daughter drives today), 2007 (my wife totaled this winter) and my latest 2010. Bough it used with 30k miles from rental company and had no issues thus far. I get 32.4 MPG according Nissan computer, admittedly mostly highway driving (40.8 MPH awg on computer).

This Car has Never Let Us Down

by BuildingaLife2gthr from on Sat May 20 2017

My husband and I have owned a 2010 Nissan Altima for 5 years now (we upgraded from a Nissan Sentra - our 'go to' car before having children). It is the roomiest Sedan ever with an even bigger trunk, which is a huge plus when we need to fit a double stroller back there! The car has about 73,000 miles on it. It runs like a gem. We've never had any issues with it at all, just standard maintenance issues like new tires, wipers, etc. It's great on gas, and it offers our family such a comfortable and luxurious ride. It is an excellent family car!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2010 Nissan Altima

While there are a bunch of 2010 Nissan Altimas (eight, if you count the coupes, sedans and hybrid versions), only one can be the best in the bunch: the 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR sedan.

Loaded up with Nissan's bulletproof 3.5-liter V-6, a decent continuously variable transmission (as good as CVTs go) and a solid ride, the 3.5 SR sedan provides everything a daily driver should want and a whole lot more.

For the 2010 model year, Nissan has given the Altima a fresh look. Nissan changed the front end, bumper and hood as well as some other touches around the vehicle. It also added new wheels to give the 3.5 SR a more aggressive look. It looks meaner.

The headlights sweep back to a point and the curvy roof... Read More