2016 Altima

2016 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2016 Nissan Altima?

Great vehicle for the price

by Value is King from Southern California on Tue Sep 13 2016

We love our new 2016 Altima SV. The car exceeds expectations on most every level. The interior is superb. The chairs feel durable, comfortable, and are highly adjustable which is key when you have lower back issues. At 6 foot 3" it is usually a challenge to find a car under 30k that can meet my needs. The seat goes back far enough for more long legs, and the steering wheel telescopes and raises/lowers to get my entire body in an ideal position. The buttons, knobs and switches are easily reachable. The back seat is also roomier than I would have expected. The features are seemingly above what I would expect for the price of the car. the back up camera is nice, though I am still trying to get used to working it in to my routine for backing up. The keyless entry and push button start have ruined me for my other vehicles. I now know that keys are for suckers. To unlock or lock and start the car even with my hands full is a breeze. The lane departure seems to be helpful as well as it has warning lights near the rear view mirrors and makes a sound when something is along side you. In the past I have been known to, on occasion, not see a vehicle in a blind spot and cut someone off. The cars bluetooth with my iphone allows phone call answering from a button on the steering wheel. Siri voice recognition through the cars system allows me to call out completely hands free. For the first time I can actually safely make and receive calls. It also mutes the radio for you and the audio for both you and the person on the other end of the call is outstanding. The cars styling is very attractive to me. When I look downstairs at the Altima it reminds me of a Mercedes aesthetically for some reason. It just gives me an over all feel of a fine automobile. The trunk space is huge. A couple of minor negatives. One, the steering feels a little heavy. Maybe a longer wheel base, or it could also be in part what seems to be a somewhat small steering wheel, also it is leather wrapped and hard which I think contributes. Oddly enough we owned a 1992 Altima and I vaguely remember something similar with the steering on that car. We have had several other Nisans over the years and I dont think this was the case with our Sentra, Maxima, or Frontier. Two, the front end is very low, and we live on a dirt road. We scraped the front end the first day in a small rut/ditch (it was dark) and gouged the paint on the bottom portion pretty bad. It angles down in that section so it isnt very noticeable though. I also have to be very careful with those parking lot bump stops, have hit a couple of those already too. The engine is plenty powerful for our needs. We go from about 6500 feet above sea level to about 1000 to 2000 when we go down the hill and the climb back up is no problem for the motor, even with passengers and cargo. The gas mileage again is above expectations, getting about 31 mpg over all, and that includes the mountain climbs (and descents) and I also like to drive a bit fast. I normally cruise between 75-78 mph on long stretches of road/highway where permitted. I am sure I could get closer to 35 mph if I wished to stretch the mileage and slowed down a bit. The transmission is a CVT which I still dont fully understand but I dont think it has a set number of gears like our cars in the past. However it works, it shifts seamlessly and I only notice it when I focus on it out of curiosity. On our last vehicle which was a 7 speed automatic it felt like the car was never happy in any gear and was constantly changing, and the shifts were very noticeable (especially in the beginning before I got a bit used to it). Too early to know about reliabilty yet but again, we have own several Nissans over the years and they haven't let me down yet. I expect more of the same this time around. All in all we are very pleased with the car. Again, dollar for dollar I dont think we could have done any better. i would highly recommend the Altima

I love my Altima!

by Hot Rod from Burbank, CA on Sun Jul 24 2016

The 2016 Nissan Altima is the most beautiful one of all. The smart features on the car cannot be beat. The seats are super comfortable and the ride is incredibly smooth. I have the S model and I couldn't be happier.

SOCO '16 Altima

by SOCO Altima from Pueblo, Colo on Sun May 07 2017

I was looking for a new car for around 20K and using cars.com to do a 500 mile search and was thinking of going to Texas from Southern Colo to purchase a Ford Fusion 2.0T. During another search for new 2016 cars, a left over 2016 Altima SR popped up @ 18,100 from SCS Nissan. I jumped in the car and drove up to see if they actually had the listed cars and they did. I purchased a Pearl White 2.5 SR after a short test drive. I came home and jumped all over the net to see the reviews, comments, etc... and honestly cannot see where any negative comment would apply to the Altima. You see complaints about the engine noise, and in the same review that states the car is quiet on the road. All I can say is WOW! I ride with a friend that has a Honda Civic with CVT and I hate it. The Civic seems to rev and you feel nothing, or like the car should be moving. Not with the Altima. The CVT shifts like an conventional hydraulic transmission. I have not pegged the car full throttle open, so I cannot say what the CVT does when RPMs are maxed. The front seats are just the best. The rear seat leg room and seat comfort are just as good. The rear seat has more room than the Maxima and it shows. Yes, you will have to spend a little more to get into the upper end of accessories like leather, satellite radio according the reviews. They also state that the Altima's main competitors are the Accord and Camry which should tell you about the quality of the Altima. MPGs around Southern Colorado while highway driving hovers around 39-40 mpg and that is with the hills, grades and running the posted speed limits with a little more. My current complaints. The sun visors seem to be way too small. That's it so far. The professional reviews I think are skewed. These people drive all sorts of cars and most likely carry impressions over from luxury cars they drive and compare them to actual cars that working class people drive. I have never driven an Accord, Fusion, or Camry but I find it odd that any of those cars could be better in any aspect except for maybe a conventional transmission over the CVT. The 2.5 runs well enough to exceed the posted speed limit by a bunch and get you a few days in jail. The Altima does not feel under powered with the 2.5. If there are any complaints, I can live with it and gladly take the 39-40 mpg over the rest.

great safety features

by family car from Colorado springs co on Fri Mar 11 2016

Very comfortable Smooth ride with lots of extras even with the basic model. Can't wait to take it on a road trip back home

Great Car...

by 3rd Altima from Westchester, NY on Fri Jul 15 2016

But overall very little changed in the 2016 from the 2014, which is disappointing. The SL in "Gun Metal is really cool looking! Still, its a great car.

Love my Altima!!

by Huro from Hardin, TX on Thu Dec 14 2017

I absolutely love my 2016 Altima SV. The 2.5L is an amazing engine. It is quick for a 4cyl, puts out amazing gas mileage with the standard CVT transmission. The CVT is amazing in itself. Smooth and seamless power delivery. No gears so no hesitation from changing gears. I can pass people at any speed with no problems. Gas mileage is out of this world. Went on a 986 mile trip to Disney World in Florida and only had to fill up once going there (went 658 miles on a single tank = 38mpg roughly). The blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, sunroof, dual climate control, and remote start is awesome. Interior may seem "boring" to some people, but I love it. The dash is well laid out and looks really modern and clean. I don't like really "busy" looking interiors. The seats are super comfortable. I have sciatic nerve issues and the seats make long trips easy. I am 6ft 2in tall and do not have any issues getting in and out of it. The microfiber cloth seats are soft and if there is any kind of spill, it is very easy to clean up (although I am super OCD about the cleanliness of my car). I honestly don't have any complaints about the car. In the exactly one year's time I have owned it since it was brand new with 54 miles, it sits at nearly 30,000 miles as of today. It has been to many states and on many road trips (actually went on a 450 mile road trip the day after I bought it). I plan on keeping this car as long as I can.

by Steve from Port Wentworth Ga on Tue Mar 14 2017

Bought New Years Eve and have been very satisfied. MPG in mixed driving 29-33.... depends if I keep my foot out of it and out of sport mode. Plenty of room and comfort is surprising. Highway MPG is between 39-42 depending on my foot again. I have been so happy with this car I helped a co worker pick her new Altima out.

Solid car for Family and Sales.

by Mper318 from CT on Wed Jun 06 2018

I recently upgraded to a 2016 Altima. I have been very happy with the move. I am getting about 100 extra miles out of a tank of gas. I have the extra space I needed for my work supplies and golf clubs. My daughter likes I still have a sun roof and my wife like the blind spot warning. So far so good.

so far, so good

by nb from DUBLIN on Fri Nov 04 2016

have only had it a few months, but very comfortable seats and ride. excellent mpg in the 4 cylinder. great value for the money.

Altima

by Lee & Tina from Strafford, Mo on Tue Apr 25 2017

We purchased car for our daughter and she loves it. She has already had a lot of people tell her that it looks really nice.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2016 Nissan Altima

The verdict: The Nissan Altima was updated for 2016 and, while it doesn’t do anything badly, it doesn’t do much to distinguish itself in the midsize sedan class, either.

Versus the competition: Though its ride and interior quality are good, the Altima is hamstrung by engine noise and a driving experience that’s unexciting – even in this large, unexciting category.

The Nissan Altima’s competitors include the Kia Optima, Chevrolet Malibu and Volkswagen Passat. These and five other sedans competed against each other in our 2016 Midsize Sedan Challenge, for which I was not a judge. I tested an Altima 2.5 SL that cost $32,115, which is more than $4,000 above the... Read More