Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Cube

2009 Nissan Cube

2009 Nissan Cube

4.1

Have You Driven the 2009 Nissan Cube?

best city car

by city guy from Seattle, WA on Thu Jan 20 2011

when I read reviews of this car, it's almost all about the stick shift....times have changed people....Nissan's CVT auto is fantastic...the auto Cube is quick off the line, climbs hills like a goat and gets better gas mileage. The rear cargo with seats down has 60 cubic feet of hauling...enough for an old Xmas tree and 8 boxes of assorted stuff with room to spare! Also I bought and brought home a 40" tv in it. The deep well at the back holds maybe 8-10 bags of groceries, standing up.

The cube is cute, fun, and comfortable!

by Sarah from South Elgin, IL on Sun Jul 03 2011

I love my Nissan cube. The ride is comfortable and responsive. It's not a sports car or anything, but it's at least what I expected. Pick up is fine, but again, don't expect it to win any races. If you have a full load and the a/c on, it's pretty slow! But it gets fantastic gas mileage (about 30 mpg in town). It is very comfortable, the seat adjusts in many ways, and a TON of head room. Plenty of room for 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3 children. It would be cramped for 5 adults. LOTS of cargo room, especially since you can fold the two seat backs down in the back seat, plus you can slide the whole back seat forward. I have an iPod dock, but I had to get a special cord for that. The newer cars have usb connection, but the 2009 does not. Plus the iPod through the radio isn't very intuitive, but once you figure it out, it's fine. I LOVE being able to use the blue tooth through the radio. Yes, I LOVE my cube! Everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable it is to ride in, too.

I don't, but I should sell Cubes

by The Cubist from Del Rio, Tx on Mon Nov 23 2009

It is the funnest vehicle I have ever owned in my 60 years. It is a hoot to drive and the best part is the people that stare. Some laugh, some point, but all take a gander. I drive it once a week 300 miles round trip to San Antonio. My favorite feature is the comfort seats. That is what sold me on my Cube

Listen to Consumers NOT the experts!

by Bob from Nebraska on Mon Nov 02 2009

I am glad that I didn't look at the expert reviews on this site. I bought a pearl white Cube. LOVE IT! good MPG drives great Many safety features. If you compare option for option you won't find anything cheaper and funner. This is a great car for tall folks. I would recommend BUY!

wifes car but she needed awd

by micky- from PITTSBURGH PA on Wed Feb 10 2016

GREAT CAR BUT WIFE NEEDED AWD ( SHE DOES MEALS ON WHEEL IN AM AND DAUGHTER AND GRAND KIDS MOVED OUT OF STATE ) SO GOT HER A NEW NISSAN ROGUE SV GOOD SUV ,BUT SHE DOES MISS HER CUBE AND SO DO I . . ROOMY, GOOD RIDE,GOOD MPG, EASY TO FIND A PARKING PLACE AND NEVER GAVE US ANY PROBLEM IN 5 YRS 65000 MILES ONLY NEEDED NEW BATTERY. (2009 CLUB KROM)

31 MPG AVERAGE

by FILZEN from JACKSONVILLE, FL on Tue Oct 13 2009

WE LOVE THE WAY IT RIDES, HANDLES, BETTER THAN AVERAGE WELL DESIGNED INTERIOR AND WE THINK THE EXTERIOR IS SEXY. SOMEONE SAID IT WAS FOR THE YOUNG FOLKS, WELL WE'RE FIFTY SIX YEARS YOUNG. VERY SMOOTH ON EXCELERATING AND SUPER BRAKING. AIR BAGS ALL THE WAY AROUND MAKE ME FEEL EXTRA SAFE. WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO ON A TRIP IN IT.

Bought for the wife but I love it as well

by KarateCube from Bryan, Ohio on Mon Sep 07 2009

Our little Cube SL is loaded and ready for cruising right out of the gate and price wise there was nothing that even compared. We tried the Fit and the Soul, both felt like junk, spungy and not worth the money. We gave the Scion a chance as well as teh VW Bug but had to spend well over 3K more to get the same features. My wife drives her Cube everywhere. She is very picky about cars and wanted something unique. The Cube was just that and a bonus...the features. It really is a neat little car, great MPG and handles really well. The CVT is peppy and accelaration is great (added the K&N Filter which really helped). Our little Cube turns heads everywhere we go. I own a Ford Flex and I love it as well but the Cube is just so much more fun! The interior is spacious, soft seats, great radio (ours has the Rockford Fosgate system) and the unique gauges are a bonus. This is one great ride!

Great Car

by Thaaaaa CUUUUBE! from Kentucky on Thu Mar 27 2014

I have about 80,000 miles on my Cube right now and so far the issues I've had with it were a broken windshield (when I first got it; a rock flew up and broke it) a broken fuel door latch; the door doesn't pop open like it should, and a rusted through muffler which I was able to get welded for $40 at a local shop. Nissan will charge you $800 to replace the whole muffler system (don't do it). I love how the Cube drives, it's comfortable on long trips, there's plenty of room, it has a nice sound system and visibility for me is really good. When I first got my Cube I would see other people in Cube's driving by and waving; it was like being a member of the Cube club. People have stopped me in grocery store parking lots to ask me if it's an ice cube or a toaster or where I got such a strange car. One redneck asked me if my car was an alien vehicle and my response was "I happen to like my car." So yeah, I really like my Cube.

The best cars I have ever had were Nissans

by Nissan Owner from Dallas, TX on Fri Jun 26 2009

I think the best thing about my new Cube is that the VIN number starts out with the letters JN. This means that it was made in Japan. It has a ton of room inside and the seats are very comfortable. The drive is great; it is very easy to drive and handles the turns very well.

Fantastic and super fun for the money

by rdgCube from Denver on Mon Jun 22 2009

I purchased this car about a month ago as a way to save money and reduce my monthly payments. With the economy being what it is, this car is a great value for the money. Overall, I'm very happy I made the switch. Here's why: Like the previous 2 reviewers, I'm blown away with all the looks this car gets. From simple smiles and talking to strangers at stop lights, to camera phone shots and crowds standing around it after coming out of a store - people are crazy for the styling of this car!!! I'm thoroughly impressed with the interior styling, as well. The repetition of theme and attention to detail shows the thought put into this little car. I'm happy I went with the Krom trim level, since the cloth is upgraded on the seats. Its drivability around town is really impressive - great in-town feel. This car really feels like it was made for the urban environment. Its not the fastest off the line, but who needs it in the city?! Its perfect for fitting into tight parallel parking spots, and weaving in and out of traffic. For such a small car, you'll be amazed at how roomy it feels on the inside. The ability to slide the back seat forward has helped when I need a little extra room in the cargo area. Then slide it back, and it fits your friends. For a cost-effective car, I'm loving the quiet ride! I really can't believe how well they did with blocking out the road noise. It allows me to use the bluetooth integrated phone system quite easily. Out of all my calls, only one person has had trouble hearing me - otherwise, no complaints! I'm also liking all the money I'm saving on gas... Dislikes: Since I drive A LOT for work, I book most of miles on the highway. This is the area of greatest critique I have for the car. About the fastest the car likes to go is 80mph - since we have 75mph zones on the highways in Colorado, I wish the car had a little more guts. Steering handling diminishes a bit at high speed as well - I'm sure due to the shorter wheel base. Again, though, the smiles and waves are worth it!!! I would also like the door armrest a little higher - again not a deal-breaker. The one feature I would like to see added is all-wheel drive for the winter months. Overall - a great car for the money, and one I'll truly enjoy! Buy it and you'll be happy - or skip over it and let me enjoy all the attention to myself for awhile!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan Cube

Scion's quasi-iconic xB has finally encountered some lookalikes in the 2010 Kia Soul and 2009 Nissan Cube. Both cars hit the market last spring. I've spent considerable time in all three, and am ready to call some results. The Cube is the best choice for the group's advertised environment: Metropolis. But few drivers rack up all of their miles in urban areas, and for shoppers who want their vehicle to meet a wider set of needs, Nissan's box-car turns out to be a lot less viable.

The Cube comes in four trim levels: 1.8, 1.8 S, 1.8 SL and the tricked-out Krom ("Chrome") edition. Nissan offers manual or automatic transmissions, but the 1.8 SL and Krom come only with automatics. I... Read More