2015 Frontier

2015 Nissan Frontier

2015 Nissan Frontier

4.5

Have You Driven the 2015 Nissan Frontier?

Best mid-size truck, and that's a realistic claim

by Scip from Gig'em on Fri Jun 19 2015

Before purchasing my new Frontier Pro-4X, I test-drove 3 mid-size trucks (Tacoma, Colorado and Canyon) and 2 full-size (Ram with Hemi and EcoDiesel). I liked the Frontier the best, obviously. The engine feels significantly more alive than all the others, including the Hemi, although this comparison may not be the most appropriate. I find the acceleration way more satisfying compared to the GM twins and even the Tacoma, and I am not sure how Tacoma posts only slightly quicker 0-60 times. Like others have said, the engine feels like a V8 and has the gas mileage of a V8 as well. I do not find the noise as intrusive as others stated in their reviews, it is what I'd consider normal for a truck and comparable to other cars I've driven. I don't deny there is engine, tire, and wind noise, but again, at acceptable levels. The bed liner is probably the best factory liner I've seen. The Utili-Track system is great and should probably be on every truck. The sound system is really impressive with the Luxury package. Things I do not like so far: (1) mpg - it is on par with newer V8s, but luckily if you don't need a bigger truck, you can live with that and the pleasant feel of a lighter truck; (2) turning radius for a mid-size is pretty large, but not a turn-off, it feels better than I expected based on specs; steering is a tad muscular, but that may be a plus as well, at least I like it; and that's about it with negatives that really matter. Other shortcomings are non-essential, like no projector lights, no bumper step (ha, big selling point for the Twins), interior not as nice as the Twins, etc. Value is the best in the current mid-size, as of summer 2015 and performance and overall package is best as well. In summary, I am a very happy owner.

Best Bang for the Buck

by Bake from Northwest PA on Mon Jun 29 2015

Traded my 2000 problem free Frontier on a 2015. Test drove everything out there, new & used, mid-size & full size. I drove off the lot out the door thousands of dollars less than most used 4x4 trucks. The new GM twins were very nice trucks but not worth the premium price tag dealers are asking. Yes the current Frontier is a bit dated but the performance & capabilities for the price are unmatched if you truly want a do it all truck that will be reliable. I am sure the next gen Frontier will also carry a premium price so if you want a great truck for a great price, do yourself a favor a take one for a test drive.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best value in the small truck segment

by Dynamos from Southern California on Tue Feb 03 2015

Have the SV with v6, auto and the value package. Have had it a little over two weeks and am very pleased. Comfortable, with plenty of power. Plus has room in the back seat for our big Golden Retriever. Enjoy the styling and the convenience of the bed extender and utilitrak system. Bluetooth and stereo work great with iPod integration. Much better value than either Colorado and Tacoma.

So far very pleased

by Randy from Dayton Ohio on Sat Jun 25 2016

I purchased 2015 Frontier Crew Cab S model in 4 wheel drive, to replace my 2003 Silverado (transmission was dying 130K). Was little worried at first about Frontier but 18 Months, and 19K miles later very pleased with it. Yes 51/2 foot bed is smaller then chevy but I can deal with it. For your average home owner the bed is plenty big enough. I have hall plenty crpa in the back of it. The 6 cylinder has plenty of power for the truck and I am getting 20mpg on the highway, and 18 back and forth to work. The four doors are nicer for getting in and out of the back of the truck.. Went very well in the snow last winter and handles good in the rain. I usually drive 40 miles on the highway to work and back

frontier

by like trucks from Pineville, KY on Sat Nov 07 2015

Overall this is a very dependable truck my biggest gripe is the lack of interior room, mostly due to the fact that there is a console in the center instead of a 60/40 split bench seat, which would help this little truck a whole lot. I don't like the horsepower of the 4 cyl. engine it wouldn't hurt to have it boosted up to near 200 HP and the manual trans is a little sloppy and noisy at lower speeds around town. In spite of those three things it is by far an excellent truck for the price.

impressive overall

by MrT from winter haven ,fl on Fri May 15 2015

initial gas mileage was 19.5 combined and since then has been in upper 18's power is very impressive, rearview camera very effective. would have liked a digital speedometer as apposed to analog. like gauges instead of idiot lights. service on a minor problem was exceptional- flat tire from a glass spike that penetrated the center of the tire. power seats would have been nice, but seats are comfortable- I am 6'5 and still have clearance. rear seat legroom great- have a crew cab model. would recommend to anyone that they at least test drive one if they can find one in the dealers lot.

New Frontier , not the movie

by Mike from Indian Trail, North Carolina on Sat May 09 2015

Just purchased but I have had 2 Frontiers in the past and bought again because they have been so reliable. This one is my first crew cab and I am amazed at how much roomier it feels than the past king cabs. Ride has gotten smoother and quieter since the last one and the 4.0 v6 pulls smooth as silk. Bought Desert Runner edition this time and was afraid the Bilstien shocks and all terrain tires might have made the ride a little harsher on pavement but it did not. Love the handling, and the ride and visibility is great even feels like view is better sitting up a little bit higher. All around I think it was a great value for the price compared to others available.

top of line

by flat top from Newark, Oh on Sat Oct 18 2014

What can I say, it's great. All that I expected and my sales man and dealer were the best. It has a great ride and is very comfortable . My only complaint is that I'm tall and I wish the rear view mirror was just a little higher, it obstructs my view a little.

Love our Frontier Truck!

by Laurie-J from East TX on Thu Jul 30 2015

We love out new red Nissan Truck and feel that we got a great deal at Trophy Nissan in Mesquite, TX. The truck rides very well on the road and is comfortable. I adore the air conditioner! It is so easy to adjust fan speed and coldness. It runs really quietly and we've had lots of compliments on the way it looks. The price was very reasonable and we feel our payments will be affordable.

great truck

by Mema from clanton, alabama on Fri Apr 10 2015

the only thing not good for me, is the location of some of the dial, gas and speedometers, they are opposite from some to the other vehicle I have driven. Takes a little getting used to, not a big problem

1 2 3 4 5