2012 Nissan Leaf

Nissan transfer of Lease to purchase unrealistic

by from Salem OR on September 22, 2017

Drove 2012 Nissan Leaf from 2012-2017 for 55,000 happy miles. Convinced of the eventual conversion of all public and private transport to EV as a major need and benefit. Infrasstucture in Oregon well-developed to allow wide range use on Electric Highway. WA and CA coming along slowly. Unfortunately Nissan did not offer realistic conversion of Lease to purchase and I turned car in. Gregg Platt has appropriately priced newer EV cars with advanced features for less than Nissan insisted I still would "owed" to purchase. Would far prefer 2014-2016 Leaf with CHAdeMo or used Chevy Bolt when they are available. in right color and price range.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Nice electric car

by from Winnetka, CA on September 7, 2017

Nice electric small car for your money compare to other cars like this, interior is fine and reliability as good as well,

I'll never buy a gas car again.

by from york haven,pa. on August 18, 2017

No gas , no oil, no worry. Buy far the best car I've ever owned. Very quick. Love driving it. Never a worry about a check engine light. This car is the best.

All electric

by from Auburn, GA on August 9, 2017

We bought this used back in 2013 with 25k miles on it, for 23k. No more 300$ has bill a month, we had a has sucker SUV, it's a real nice city car with charging stations all around now it's great. It's very roomy on the inside. It looks really small but very big on the inside. It's compact so you can fit anywhere. The only down side is you can't travel with it. However there's almost no maintenance on it But tire. Replacement and rotation and refill the wiper fluid. So no oil change bills. How ever I'm on her 5 with this car and the main bill I have is a 6k battery replacement but they put in the newest battery in so more range than when we first got it.

So much fun to drive

by from Pasadena, MD on July 23, 2017

The LEAF makes up for inconvenience with modern comfort. Apps like Plugshare help me to plan longer trips, and I've been able to successfully hook the car up at my home without hiring an electrician to install a port. The first month of owning this car has been a major adjustment from owning a gas car.... you need to learn how a LEAF works, and what it wants! But after a few weeks, it's like I never drove a gas vehicle. I love it.

Love this car!

by from The Colony Tx on July 18, 2017

I love this car!! First of all you don't really have any maintneance.. no gas.. no oil changes! But second it's a nice car interior and exterior, it's eco friendly and it's a smooth ride!!

Great sub-compact electric car.

by from Sedona, Az on July 9, 2017

I have been interested in electric cars, even considered converting a previously owned vehicle but the cost was prohibitive. I really love the Leaf even though the battery capacity was slightly depleted. So, on a current full charge I can drive the Leaf 50 miles. Around town the vehicle is a blast to drive. If you live in a warm climate have the windows tinted so the AC doesn't drain the main battery pack. Recharging should be done with a 220 volt outlet where one lives. Using the 120 volt charger that comes with the vehicle takes forever!

Great SUV!!!!

by from Fairfield, CA on June 30, 2017

This car rides smooth, it is very roomy, economical. Great commuter car or for running errands! It gets 80 miles without a battery charge. The only limitation for me is the mileage on the battery. But, there are many options for charging the battery. Great economical SUV!
Not Rated Reliability

Environmentally friendly and fast!

by from SIOUX FALLS, SD on June 29, 2017

This vehicle is definitely the most reliable car I've owned. I feel safe driving it and it has a lot more room than expected. It is quick thanks to the all electric motor and you don't have to spend money on gas or oil changes!

Liberating...Never had so much fun driving a car!

by from Kansas City, MO on June 11, 2017

Cute looking. Satisfying to watch the dash and see how your driving patterns influence the range -- more in Eco Mode (reduced ability to accelerate quickly), less when using AC (haven't tried heat yet). A simple trickle charge from an ordinary plug in my garage overnight gets me to full-capacity (unless my teenager brings it home late). 4-year-old battery still gets 78-83 miles per charge. Only flaw for me is 2013 S model does not have cruise control. Don't miss it now. Make sure you download ChargePoint app on phone and/or get a ChargePoint card to find and access charging stations. No-one told me you have to have this before you can use them.