Model Details

2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 22 reviews

Hot and just OMG the best car ever.

by from Chambersburg, PA on February 29, 2008

Well for a car that you just plain down want to be the talk of the town in..the maxima is perfect for you. With mine, I have gotten countless comments at the gas station you wouldn't even believe. As for power..well there's just no comparison. NONE. It is the fastest 4 door car I have ever been in. 0-60 in less than 7 seconds probably 6. Even though with the longer wheelbase, you can fly through those hairpin turns and think nothing of it. Best center of gravity in a car ever. Love it love it love it. Very touchy throttle and steering..and it is absolute heck for maintenence and parts cost a ton of money. But because of the reliability, you won't be sending it to the shop that much. I reccommend the Maxima to anybody. Great car.

A honest review of my 2005 Maxima

by from Orange County, CA on January 17, 2012

I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima SL. First off, this car has AMAZING power. It's performance is truly what amazed me. It had about 46K on it when I got it in Nov. 2008. It now has 81K , and it runs well. The ride quality is nice, yet sporty. It might be stiff for some, but I personally think it does a great job comfort wise. The interior is okay, but I prefer the 2007-2008 Maximas interior. I love my memory seats and pwr tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The SL model also comes standard with HID/XENON lights that really help at night. Now, here's the info that I feel is important if you want to purchase this car. Her transmission is sensitive, and is not as durable as a Toyota's. The fluid needs to be changed every 30K. Does not matter WHAT the manual states. I had to fix the transmission because the fluid was contaminated at 55K. My fault....no one else to blame. I had it repaired, and I've had no problems since then. The mounts were shot do to the transmissions jerking. ALSO...only use Nissan's K-Matic fluid, NOTHING ELSE! My car is running beautifully, and I still get plenty of compliments. I only use Synthetic motor oil, and Premium Fuel. Maintain this car and it will respect you.

Maxmia: Reliable, Luxurious & Fun!

by from on June 23, 2009

This car has been wonderful for me. It performs like a champ but also has the luxury & comfort inside that I love. It has been the best car I've ever owned by far, I'd HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

This Car Is Not for Parents!

by from Houston Tx on September 28, 2007

As the mother of twin 4 year old girls, having to actually get inside the car to buckle them in is a bit of a hassle, to say the least. The belts move nicely but the buckle itself also moves making it a moving target on the inside of the side of a toddler and car seat....the children have to either have me sit nearly upon them as I stand crouched outside the car or I can merely get into the floorboard to buckle them in. This does not seem safe and is certainly not convenient. Other than that great complaint and the lack of ventilation offered from the a/c in the back seat, the car itself drives well. It is a nice, sleek auto with great looks inside and out but is not functional for a family with kids in car seats! No kids, get your groove on, it has a lot of oooomph and is very attractive inside and out. The gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired for real drivers, but you would look great at the pumps!

Awesome Automobile

by from Tampa, FL on May 25, 2006

Drives like a sports car. Luxury everywhere. Reliability is second-to-none. Pleasing in every aspect.

Good Run

by from San Antonio, TX on October 1, 2013

So I bought my maxima at 60k and put another 60k on it and the transmission went out on it. It was fun while it lasted, it has a strong engine no doubt, nice sound system and interior but this transmission failure and motor mounts going bad happens to be a common problem. The cost is about 2500 in repairs.

good car

by from Springfield, Ill on November 15, 2011

I've had my Maxima since 2005 and it's been a very nice car. Very fast; Very reliable, but had to replace the transmission. But overall I really like this car. Hopefully will get another one.

Performance Rules!!!

by from Arlington , VA on July 6, 2006

This is the most powerful Maxima to date. 265hp is more than enough to get this sedan moving. But it does cause it to guzzle a great deal. I get roughly 22 MPG, but I get it's worth it.

Nissan Maxima

by from Seattle on June 2, 2006

Overall, it's a safe car with comfort and affordability. It is quiet and looks sleek and smooth. The way the engine is set up makes for easy maintenance and repairs. It also gets about 21 miles per gallon, which is nice. The Maxima has a lot of power and "get up and go." Also, the brakes have been wonderful, especially in those last minute stops. I've enjoyed my car, so far!

Four Deep

by from Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2012

Im on Maxima number 4. I started with a 2000, 2002, 2004 and I still have my 2005! What can I say? I LOVE this these cars. It really is a 4DSC (4 door sports car) Im looking at car.com for my next one. Buy one and you'll love it!