2005 Nissan Maxima

Hot and just OMG the best car ever.

by from Chambersburg, PA on February 29, 2008

Well for a car that you just plain down want to be the talk of the town in..the maxima is perfect for you. With mine, I have gotten countless comments at the gas station you wouldn't even believe. As for power..well there's just no comparison. NONE. It is the fastest 4 door car I have ever been in. 0-60 in less than 7 seconds probably 6. Even though with the longer wheelbase, you can fly through those hairpin turns and think nothing of it. Best center of gravity in a car ever. Love it love it love it. Very touchy throttle and steering..and it is absolute heck for maintenence and parts cost a ton of money. But because of the reliability, you won't be sending it to the shop that much. I reccommend the Maxima to anybody. Great car.

Maxmia: Reliable, Luxurious & Fun!

by from on June 23, 2009

This car has been wonderful for me. It performs like a champ but also has the luxury & comfort inside that I love. It has been the best car I've ever owned by far, I'd HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

good car

by from Springfield, Ill on November 15, 2011

I've had my Maxima since 2005 and it's been a very nice car. Very fast; Very reliable, but had to replace the transmission. But overall I really like this car. Hopefully will get another one.

Performance Rules!!!

by from Arlington , VA on July 6, 2006

This is the most powerful Maxima to date. 265hp is more than enough to get this sedan moving. But it does cause it to guzzle a great deal. I get roughly 22 MPG, but I get it's worth it.

Awesome Automobile

by from Tampa, FL on May 25, 2006

Drives like a sports car. Luxury everywhere. Reliability is second-to-none. Pleasing in every aspect.

Four Deep

by from Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2012

Im on Maxima number 4. I started with a 2000, 2002, 2004 and I still have my 2005! What can I say? I LOVE this these cars. It really is a 4DSC (4 door sports car) Im looking at car.com for my next one. Buy one and you'll love it!

Maxima does live up to it's hype....

by from Boston MA on August 20, 2012

name is dani, bought my '05 Max brand new, Silver/Black leather w/every option except NAV, paid 29K which was a good deal!!! V6 power but wait, mine is a very very rare 6-speed manual shift!!!! Yes i ordered mine like that bcuz the 2nd gear has no mercy on the road, platinum silver is by far the best color with black interior, my car has 174K and still runs great, one downfall which all max owners wud agree on is the turning radius, a 3 point turn is actually a 5-6 point turn lol, i havnt spent too too much on maintenance although last year i had the timing chains slip and that cost me around $1,800 to fix, change the oil every 5,000 miles which is okay, the shocks and brakes are very good, once in a great while my clutch will slip and its hard to go into gear but thats if ive been using the car all day and shifting for hours, im in the process of trading it in for an automatic same year and color bcuz my GF doesnt know how to drive a manual shift and barely reaches the clutch!!!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Nissan Maxima

by from Seattle on June 2, 2006

Overall, it's a safe car with comfort and affordability. It is quiet and looks sleek and smooth. The way the engine is set up makes for easy maintenance and repairs. It also gets about 21 miles per gallon, which is nice. The Maxima has a lot of power and "get up and go." Also, the brakes have been wonderful, especially in those last minute stops. I've enjoyed my car, so far!

Surprised by this car

by from Hampton, ga on June 4, 2012

purchased the car used, But I was surprised with the ride and feel of the car.. It's great.. Performance is great, I had to get used to the powerit will move out. I have the SL model and its more than I expected. Overall Im very satisfied with the vehicle. but what is more surprising is the gas mileage.. It really does get 27mpg. My only complaint is the turning radius.. My smaller car does better on the turning radius..

Smooth Operator

by from Bronx, NY on October 12, 2011

This is a really nice car. The car has a nice power kick to it and it drives smooth. It's a nice comfortable car which has plenty of leg room. I love my car.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Nissan Maxima