2001 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

4.2
Average based on 24 reviews

this thing is awesome

by from rochester, ny on December 30, 2008

it just goes. i live in rochester and this winter has been nothing with the pathfinder. the four-wheel drive makes this bad boy just go. my driveway and neighborhood are really hilly, and the pathfinder just gets up it, even in thick snow and ice. it handles very well in the snow and in regular driving, and is more like a car than a truck in that sense. the front seats are very comfortable and visibility is great. tons of cargo space (limited rear seat room, unfortunately). the only big downside is that gas goes quickly if you stomp the pedal. but, if you drive like a normal person you can upwards of 15mpg in mostly city driving. the comfort features are nice too, heated mirrors, power everything, leather wheel/shifter, good sound system standard (bose!), and possibly the sturdiest SUV of its size ever built. it feels like it was built to last, and the number of them on the road is proof of this. i adore mine.

Loved my Pathfinder LE

by from Kuttawa, KY on October 20, 2010

Bought my 2001 Pathfinder LE Used with 32,000 miles on it. I owned it 7 years and had 83,661 miles when last week it was rear ended at 55 mph. We walked away unharmed. I can't say enough about this SUV. My heart broke to hear they have totaled it. In the 7 years I owned this fabulous vehicle, I put on one set of tires, replaced one battery and did periodic oil changes. I only used 87 octane fuel in it and the Pathfinder ran great. This is by far the only vehicle I will feel safe in and I am desperately looking to replace it.

Solid as the day I bought it!

by from Folsom California on December 10, 2009

I have a 114k miles on this suv and it still starts/drives/handles the same as did when it was new. Power to spare and very solid off road. The inside features are simple and easy to use. The only real problem I have had is with the multi-cd changer "its junk" and Nissan has ignored my complaints. If they had had replaced the unit or at least offered a new one at a good price I would have been Nissan owner for life.

Great SUV for the money

by from Atlanta, GA on January 17, 2010

Absolute workhorse and fun to drive. Mine has 115k miles on it, runs like a champ. Only issues were small sensors and a battery or two. Comfortable, can haul whatever you need and reliable.

One of the most reliable SUVs on the road

by from chicago, IL. on June 12, 2012

The Nissan pathfinder is the best used SUV you can buy. As with any vehicle, if you take care of it, it will provide you with numerous years of service. I've NEVER had to do anything major to this vehicle other that oil changes, battery and tires. My 2001 Pathfinder has been the most reliable SUV I've ever owned and I am looking to replace it with another. I don't think I can trust anything else. I've owned a Honda pilot, Toyota 4Runner, and Chevy Blazer, but none performed or gave me less issues than my Pathfinder. I will definitely recommend it to anyone. If you have anyone has anything negative to say about the pathfinder, I'm sure they've abused this vehicle and then expect it to perform right.

Our family loves these cars

by from Portland Oregon on January 19, 2009

Family of 4 2 dogs we love everything about this car. Over 100,000 miles with no other service than breaks tires and regular oil changes.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Sleek Design SUV

by from Chicago, IL on June 13, 2006

This vehicle has all the same upgrades as the Infinity QX4 with a lower price. Drivers very smooth, especially with the new tires. Excellent sound system.

Best Used SUV

by from Chicago, IL on August 2, 2007

I own a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with the 3.5L V6. That year it had the most power in its class and I can tell everytime I step on the gas. It has a powerful 240horsepower V6 with great pickup and power. I have about 141,000 miles on the engine with a rebuilt trans at about 139,000 miles and it runs like the first day I bought it. No leaks, no noise, no problems. It starts every time and never dies. The gas mileage is pretty good for a 4x4 suv compared to any domestic vehicle. I looked at Toyota 4Runners with amazing reliability but Nissan has just as good, with more power.

Great SUV, but disappointed with Reliability

by from Cincinnati, OH on August 10, 2006

After 60K miles had a lot of problems. Overheating (had to replace radiator), Catalytic converters (both needed replaced), Bose in-dash 6 cd changer (needed fixed twice). Expected better reliability. Upto 60K, it was excellent.

Good Vehicle

by from Poughkeepsie NY on January 11, 2008

Owned it for about three years...got with 20k. Excellent vehicle and very enjoyable to drive. Comfort is unbelieve. Great in the snow. Interior and exterior toughness is some of the best i have seen. Now to the bad...The pathfinder has many little repairs that can be costly. Preminum Gas is a killer. Overall, very good suv for the money as long as you realize repairs will be necessary unlike a honda or comparable vehicle.