Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 Quest

2001 Nissan Quest

2001 Nissan Quest

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2001 Nissan Quest?

A good choice

by NYDGH from Candor, NY on Sun Nov 02 2008

We have only put about 4,000 miles on this so far, but as there are no reviews yet, I thought I would get something started here. It seems to be mechanically strong. A lot of pep in the 3.3l V6 on the lower end. 24mpg hwy and about 19 or 20mpg in the country or in town. With just 78k miles on the van, we put $700 into the rear AC. I thought this was a bit early, but this is out first minivan, so I don't know. The van is comfortable to drive and ride in. The suspension is just a bit spongy on our back country roads. The interior plastic handles (to move seatbacks and such) are mostly broken off. I have not looked into replacing them yet. We bought this based on reviews of high reliability. We are happy with the van, all said and done. Our first choice is a Toyota Sienna, which tends to cost several thousand dollars more, so we may strive for that when we get another van.

Great Diving Vehicle

by JZ from St. Louis on Sat Mar 28 2009

I found this Quest an excellent buy for the money. I also like that you have no timing belt to replace. A timing chain can last for over 300,000 miles and that is also a big plus. I would highly recommend this all-purpose Quest.

The car I like best

by Chi-Town Area Driver from Rockford, IL on Wed Sep 08 2010

I just got rid of one of these vehicles after 5 years of owning it. I had nearly 300,000 miles on it and was still in pretty good shape. I plan to purchase a newer Quest. I loved driving it. The only regret I have is not listening to my Mechanic when he told me that my Engine mount was broke and I should fix it(don't surprise me, I drive in and around Chicago, their streets will tear up any vehicle). The Engine mount being broke led to some exhaust problems and I drove this van for over 50,000 miles with the engine light on. This vehicle was still running(it was just loud) when I sold it to a Mechanic that knocked on my door(a friend of my neighbor's) to inquire about it because it had been sitting in the driveway for a couple of months. I've driven a lot of vehicles, but my next purchase will be another Quest. I really like the newer body style of this model.

Our Take on the 2001 Nissan Quest

NISSAN QUEST IS IN A TOUGH LEAGUE

When it comes to minivans, Nissan sales have never been able to approach the volume of market leaders like Chrysler, due more to the tough competition in the minivan segment than to any real shortcoming of its product.

The Nissan Quest is a perfectly acceptable minivan, but there are at least nine other perfectly acceptable minivans on the market, so the Quest's slice of the pie isn't as large as Nissan would like.

A central reason: Nissan not only faces competition from Dodge, Honda, Kia, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mazda, Toyota and Ford, but from Mercury, which sells a near-identical version of the Quest, called the Villager. The twins were designed by... Read More