2005 Sentra

2005 Nissan Sentra

2005 Nissan Sentra

4.0

Have you driven the 2005 Nissan Sentra?

very reliable, and worht the money

by new nissan fan from Akron, Ohio on Fri Jan 04 2013

I bought this becuase I was in need of another car. I had asked around, and being in school for auto mechanic work, i talked to my teachers about reliable cars. i narrowed down my picks, to either a pontiac grnad am, or a nissan sentra. after many days of searching and looking over cars i determined that the sentra wads my best choice. Ive had the car for a month now and its running great. its a great gas saver, im averaging 30-31MPG combined. its easy to maintain and easy to work on. some of the interior things are ok, like the cup holders and the sun visors, but other than that its great.

great car!

by rabbit from redding, CA on Tue Dec 30 2008

I have owned this 2005 sentra 1.8S for about 1-1/2 years. It has been very dependable and reliable. I have averaged about 30 MPG and up to 34 on the straight flat freeway. I am 5'7' and have found it to have plenty room for myself driving and as a passenger. It has plenty of power for hills and passing. This is my second Nissan Sentra and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Great car for the money

by Harry from Prov RI on Sat Feb 10 2007

Never had a problem Great A/C: Front, A/C: Rear, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Bucket Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Alarm, Fog Lights, CD Changer, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels

Most economical car i've owned

by Nissan Fan from Staunton, VA on Tue Aug 17 2010

I've owned a 2005 Nissan for 3 years. Great mileage - average 34 mpg mostly highway. Great ride comfort in a small car. Haven't had any mechanical or cosmetic issues...super reliable. This is the first Nissan I've owned and would definitely recommend the brand since this is their entry level car.

Great little car

by Little Mom with Two Big Kids from Quebec, Canada on Tue Mar 11 2008

I really like my Sentra. It's reliable and gets me where I want to go. The car looks good both inside and out. I do however have a couple of issues with the car. First, the interior is very small. I'm 5'4" and just fit...I have my seat pushed all the way back...but my 6' tall teenaged sons do not. There's no leg room in the back so the front passenger seat has to be pushed up quite a bit so one of my sons can fit in the back. That means the other is uncomfortably close to the dash in the front. My other issue with the car is when I have to suddenly accelerate...the car lacks some serious bottom end power. It does great at highway speeds though. It's also a bit of a bumpy ride...I find the suspension to be very hard. If I was the only one riding in that car then I would keep it. In spite of the issues, I like my "little red car" and would recommend it...assuming you don't have big kids like me. :) I'm now looking at a Versa, it looks bigger inside than the Sentra.

Great mileage, mostly reliable

by Nissan Car Guy from Albuquerque, NM on Mon Apr 30 2012

I bought my Sentra 1.8 in 2007 as a Nissan Certified used car. Shortly after I got it, the Check Engine light came on, although the car still ran fine. The dealer replaced the gas cap twice, then the head gasket, and then the intake manifold, all under warranty. Since then there have been no mechanical problems, and the only maintenance has been oil and filter changes, new tires, and at 95,000 miles, new brakes. The car gets 33 mpg on the highway (at 75 mph with the A/C on), and 29 mph in town. It has 101,000 miles now, and still looks and runs like new. Of course, the small engine is not very powerful, and the ride is what you would expect from an economy car, but it's still fun to drive. I never worry about taking it on long trips, because I know it will get me there without a problem. I plan on keeping it for several more years, because there is no real reason to replace it.

Absolutely fantastic for the money

by Used to drive German from Tallahassee, FL on Thu Jun 14 2012

I bought this car because my VW Jetta was costing me an arm and a leg to repair and was very impressed. This car cost me very little money to get into but it looks absolutely fantastic inside and out. It is, of course, not a luxury car, but the interior does not feel cheap like some other cars in this price range. The car feels very respectable and the same can be said about the driving experience. It has a 1.8 so it is not the fastest car around but it is a good balance of an energetic amount of acceleration while still delivering really good gas mileage. On top of it all, the steering feel is very good and solid and the car, overall is a very stable and enjoyable car to drive. I absolutely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice car for a tiny dribble of money. Additionally, it doesn't cost much to run either as repairs are infrequent and are very inexpensive.

Best small car on the market

by Nissan Lifer from Prescott, AZ on Fri May 18 2012

My first new car was a 2001 Nissan Sentra. I got more than 160k miles out of it without any major problems. My parents have driven it ever since and it now has 190k+ miles and still drives strong. I loved my first new car so much I bought a 2005 Nissan Sentra for my wife to drive. We currently have 77k miles and it still runs smooth.

Very Reliable

by Kimber8656 on Wed Oct 04 2017

Owned for 12 years, never had a breakdown. Good gas mileage, used it for a commuter to and from work. Back seat doesnt have a lot of leg room, trunk is pretty spacious for the size of the car.

Great First Car

by Momof1 on Tue Aug 08 2017

This car has gotten me across country and many miles more, and has lasted 12 years and 210,000 miles before starting to need major repairs. It lacks interior space, however rides fairly smooth.

1 2 3 4