2015 Nissan Versa Note

Harmonizing Note

by from Marlboro, Mass on December 7, 2014

Let's make a few the clear before we start criticizing things that, at this price point are probably going be more prevalent than not. Yes, there are hard surfaces, the materials on the seats might be a little on the cheap side (I don't think so; they look durable enough, but time will tell) and it would be nice to have soft touches here and there, but they shouldn't be deal breakers. I've read many reviews of the 'drone and unresponsiveness' of the CVT transmission as well as the perceived sloppiness. So sloppy in fact, Nissan engineered artificial 'shift points' to simulate the feel of a regular automatic. The whole point of a CVT is a seamless transition from start to finish sort of like an airplane gathering momentum on the runway. The trick to getting the most power is not to floor it, but to give it a jab, then press the pedal harder. The Note is not the quietest car ever to grace the American road system, but it more than gets the job done. It's a car that gets 36 MPG combined MPG, and that's 'my' mileage with the car not even broken in. On the highway, I've gotten as high as 48 but I'll admit that was a fleeting moment. 42 was more the norm. The rear seat leg room is incredible. The amount of stuff you can put in a car this small is amazing. While you'll find a lot of room in the Note, it is in no way a sports car. With 109 horsepower, you aren't going to win any drag races. You will however, win the 'let's skip the gas station Grand Prix. It does need more then a ten gallon tank though. There are some neat touches. The three blink lane change feature. There is the active aero flaps behind the grill that close above 20 mph to increase aerodynamics. You'll also learn to appreciate the hands free phone that is standard on all models. There's a lot to like about the new Note. Do yourself a favor, and don't associate it or put it in the same class as the 'regular' Versa. It's a completely different, and much improved car. I'm not sure why they stuck the Versa name on it; personally, I think it's a marketing mistake. Don't expect Maxima luxury or acceleration, but take the Note for what it is. A refreshing tune in a discordant symphony of small, cheap, uncomfortable penalty boxes that aren't as useful, innovative or economical. I drive between 300-700 miles a week, and look forward to a 500 mile a day stint in my Note.

Realiable car

by from NH on October 20, 2015

Only had this car for 2 weeks, but love it. Rides great, easy to drive, easy to park and most if all... looks great!

Love Nissan cars

by from Orlando, FL on August 30, 2015

Gets great gas milage , Handles the road well , seats are up high and comfortable. Has enough leg room in back seats.

Nissan VersaNote

by from Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2015

Nice little car. I just wish it had a little more power. My review is very short because I only had for less than a week.

great csr

by from DeFuniak Springs Fl on July 13, 2015

Car is great, fantastic gas mileage 33 in town. Rides and drives great for small car. Only issue was the Manuel transmission is only in the base model, would have spent more to have cruise and powerlocks and window but Manuel transmission was more important and Nissan does not provide those items together.

Just what I needed!

by from Dallas, TX on January 13, 2017

Bought an SL trim CPO for my first-time driver daughter. It is absolutely perfect for our situation, or even perhaps a commuting - even an uber car! For a small car, it has an incredibly roomy interior. I am 5'11" and can cross my legs in the back seat with the front seat all the way back. Now, you won't fit a foot locker in the rear, but if you have no more than 2 occupants, the back seat folded allows for a decent amount of cargo. I brought a boxed 55" TV in it home from Costco with the seats down. And you also have to know what you are buying. If you buy the S-trim, be ready to crank the windows because you don't get much more than a steering wheel. In my SL trim, I have power everything (but not the rear door), A/C, decent stereo, USB input for a media player, a navigation system, and the best feature in a Nissan vehicle, the around view monitor. The SL even has heated front seats. And the buyer should also know that this car will not win any drag races. But, if you adapt to the CVT and apply the gas with the proper strength and interval, it is more than adequately responsive. As a bonus, the gas mileage is as advertised - I have gotten 30 mpg around town.

Happy!

by from Eugene, OR on July 17, 2015

A good car for the price, with good fuel mileage too. It was what I could afford and it looks very good.

Great in the snow

by from Mount Vernon,NY on April 1, 2017

Nice car, Traction works great. Lots of complements. Rides great. Lots of leg room. Spacious hitch. I'll recommend this car for a college student. Or single parent with one child. Just enough space.

Most reliable car I've owned

by from on April 10, 2017

Before this, I owned a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. I'm still getting used to driving a car vs. an SUV. The Jeep had problems and I didn't want to invest the money, not knowing if it was worth it. The Versa Note has excellent visibility. The seating is comfortable enough for me. I can focus on driving without any problems. I once rented a car, close in age, and it had brakes so good, they just needed a light tap. I was expecting brakes like that, but they work. I can stop in time without any problems. It used to be a rental car, so I'm sure they took very good care of it.

HB Model

by from Phoenix AZ on March 6, 2017

Tradeoff for some comfort is the excellent mileage. Probably not the best for long distance. Performs well for a small car. I like the car and would recommend it.

Our Expert Review: 2015 Nissan Versa Note