Read or write a review.

4.4
Average based on 21 reviews

Wonderful vehicle!

by from youngstown Ohio on December 29, 2010

this car is the best car i've ever driven or seen. I love my Alero 4 door its got power and its a wonderful vehicle

Second best car I ever owned

by from Martin, TN on September 28, 2010

My Alero is getting long in the tooth having turned ten this month. It creaks and groans when it passes over bumps, but in a quaint sort of way. It's been through alot with me, even being wrecked, and like another reviewer said, performed excellently in keeping us safe when being rear-ended. While I have issues with certain things like the electric windows and mirrors, and the fact that the windshield wiper fluid tube was burned out by being too close to the battery, these are minor details that can be fixed. It's the second best vehicle I ever had, and the radio in it is incredible. I can listen to stations long after the other cars I have would have been out of "earshot". It's a comfortable and easy car to drive, and it's a great car to teach your kids how to drive. It's been both of my daughters' first car. There's still a lot of them on the road, which is a testament to how long they really last and still look good. I've had zero issues with the engine this entire time. I have yet to be bored driving it, and when the time comes for me to sell it, I will be in mourning....

by from NJ on October 22, 2010

Great car, looks great,easy on gas, cheap to maintain, keep up on your maintenance and it well get to 200k easily! Highly recommended. Wish they still made it :(

A real surprise

by from Lakeland, Fl. on May 25, 2010

I bought this Alero new. It has had a few minor problems that the warranty covered. It's a plain jane car. I rated it average because it is an average car. It gets the job done and is ready to go for whatever comes next. It sure isn't pretty from the rear. Those taillights are awful. The interior is adequate and fairly roomy for it's class. A very good value for the money paid. Performance and handling are competent. This is NOT a sports car, It's a grocery getter and go to anywhere you need to go vehicle. It has provided me with reliable transportation both locally and on long distance trips. Pretty good gas mileage. (24-27 mpg local. 30-34 mpg on hwy trips) The A/C is cold and the heater will run you out in a short time. Seats are comfortable, not fancy. same for the interior. I've always had the selling dealer service the car with the excption of new tires. Trustworthy people there. If I were to buy another car to replace this one, If GM still made Aleros , I would buy one. (This is a far cry from the Olds Cutlass Supreme I had previously which was a terrible car. Oil leaks, electrical issues and major brake problems ruined my respect for the brand.) The Alero was a great surprise. All that the Cutlass was not. Too bad, GM, You really had a good car there.

LOVED THIS CAR

by from Greenfield on June 13, 2012

This is my old car!! I drove this car for 3 years, never EVER had a problem!! I would recommend this car to anybody who wants a great dependable vehicle. I knew everytime I got into it that I would get to where I was goin without any issues. I showed this picture to my 4 year old daughter and she told me we should get it back. I was sad/excited the day that I traded this car. I traded for a 2005 Chevy Impala. I dont regret the trade but I took really good car of the alero, and was attached to it. If you are wanting a good gas mileage and dependable vehicle this one is the best choice for sure!!! Good luck to anyone who buys it and take car of her!! =)

Great Value

by from Ocean Springs, MS on October 7, 2011

I have owned an Alero and it was a great buy and very very reliable! It's a comfortable car and gets good gas mileage!!

Reliable

by from Red Deer,AB on December 15, 2008

Great car. Bought used 80,000 kms. Run it 1 year, another 55,000kms. Long hard miles with no problems. Was in rear end collision accident, totalled off car but come out with no injuries. Very safe car in an accident.

Great Car

by from Mt.Pleasant Wi on November 11, 2011

Never had a problem with my Alero. GM should have never stopped making Oldsmobile. Now I know why my Dad always loved his!

I bought a 2nd

by from Ohio on October 30, 2011

This is a Great car. I purchased a 2002 Alero in 2005, and have put 80k miles on it. The only thing I've had to do other than routine maintenance is a new battery. It's been such a great car, I bought a 2004 GLS Alero. While I share some of the same complaints about styling and interior comfort of my 2002, my 2004 has the upgrades to make it stylish and comfortable. If you're looking for an upgrade to a reliable car, go with a GLS model.

Must Have

by from Illinois on February 15, 2007

I got my Alero about two years ago, and it's never broken down, or had problems of any sort. Oldsmobiles are generally pretty good cars, and they tend to go a long time without needing any sort of repairs. Or maybe my family has just has good luck with them. I would highly recommend.

Similar Models