2008 Pontiac G 5

Better than expected!

by from Harrisburg, NC on April 9, 2008

I traded in a 2003 Mustang coupe. As much as I loved my Mustang, this car handles well, has great pick up and is such a smooth drive. The only drawback...and I read this by others, too, before buying...is a blindspot that you can't get past when you need to see out the back. I have owned this car for over a month and already get 28 mpg city. It great!! It's starting to get warm here and I haven't had to use my air conditioner once because the recirculating does an amazing job making the air cold! If you get the sport wheels, though, check the pontiac emblem to make sure it's in there tight. One of mine popped out and I have to pay for a new one. Not much, but it stinks that I have to replace something on a new car already. Overall, I'm happy with my trade and I'm ecstatic about the gas mileage. I can't wait for a road trip!

Awesome Gas Mileage!

by from on April 15, 2010

Cute & Sporty, excellent gas mileage! My son and friends thought is was a sports car. Has some zip to get around the slow pokes!

A great car for the money

by from Dover, De. on December 9, 2008

a great car for the money wonderful looks great handling performs well drives smooth/quiet excellent economy

Fantastic little car

by from Southern California on January 12, 2008

Of all the current 2dr coupes under 25K out there I couldnt have done better than this. I have the 4 spd auto and I swear it feels like a 6 cylinder. It handles like a car in the 50K bracket. Im well over 6' and 250+ lbs and its roomy. I picked up every available option on this car. The leather is beautiful. The car handles excellent. I drove them all and I bought the G5 GT. On the down, but not too down, side. I have experienced a bit of loose interior trim. I hope there still making these cars when this one wears out, I can't imagine buying anything else.

Good Car / Great for the price

by from Ft. Lauderdale Fl. on August 5, 2008

The fly by wire steering is evident immediately and I would prefer rack and pinion. You can also tell at once that the rear end is not independent suspension. The interior is stark. However, the engine for this type of car is very quiet and quick. A little too much wind and road noise but not for this class car. After the rebate and almost fully loaded it is still under 16k. For that price this car is a great deal.

Good First Car

by from Chelmsford, MA on August 21, 2015

Bought the base model last November at 129k. The car was recently totaled at 135k. The car was easy and fun to drive, and was really powerful for a V4 engine. I averaged at 24.5 MPG. Since it had 130+ miles however, I had to replace several parts. A headlight, rear shocks, serpentine belt, and the AC did stopped working. If you are to buy this car I would recommend buying it with lower millage, so you won't have as many problems. I planned to keep this car until it died, it was a good little car.

One of the nicest cars i`ve ever owned

by from Balitmore, Md on December 26, 2007

I love my 2008 Pontiac G5 GT. It is comfortable and reliable. I love the XM and OnStar features. It is great on gas and mileage. I would not trade it for any other car.

I LOVE MY PONTIAC G5 GT

by from Maryland on October 14, 2008

I traded in a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 for this car back in June and so far I love it.. The only drawback I had with the car (which is now fixed) is after a heavy rain we discovered the moon roof was leaking.. It is a comfortable ride and lots of power for a 4 cylinder.. I have the 5 speed and wouldnt trade it for anything.. I get 29mpg in town and about 32mpg highway.. It was well worth its money..

Used G5 - Great shape

by from Louisville KY on August 2, 2016

We have owned this car for just a few months but it appears to be in great shape and drives very nicely. It's comfortable, sporty and solid

Best car I've owned!

by from Fort Worth, TX on January 25, 2014

This is the 3rd vehicle I've ever owned and honestly has been the best car! I've had it for 5 years and LOVE everything about it. Its sporty, stylish, gets great cash mileage, very reliable, no issues, drives great, awesome exterior and sunroof. I get lots of compliments on this vehicle!