2006 Torrent

4.3

Have you driven the 2006 Pontiac Torrent?

Torrent AWD

by Family man from South Dakota on Sun Mar 30 2008

We have found the torrent to be a very reliable, comfortable, and enjoyable vehicle. We purched it new in 2006 and in 2 years rolled on 60,000 mile driving everything from highways to snow/ice covered winter roads and found the handling and preformance above expectation. In fact we loved it so much we just purchased a new 2008 in order to add leather, sunroof, XM, and 100,000 mile warrenty. Not that we would have need the warenty the 2006 was never back to the dealer and the only expense we had for it were oil changes and a set of tires.

by INXORTE from Houston, TX on Wed Dec 22 2010

Spacious interior, lots of room for the rear passengers. inconveniences: The starter, sone times is difficult to start the vehicle. The automatic tail date opener is extremely dificult to access. If the relay fails, there is no other way to open back gate but to disassemble the gate.

Great looking and verstaile

by PK from MN on Fri Mar 26 2010

We LOVE our torrent. It is the only vehicle in this style we found that can accomidate a rear facing infant seat with moving the driver seat forward or folding the handle down before you install the seat. If you aren't ready for a minivan, this is a great vehicle. I sometimes pull a small trailer with ease. The 5 speed auto trans handles and shifts well. The only drawback is the large turning radius. Sometimes I call it "the bus" when maneuvering in parking lots. We have owned the car for 2.5 years and had zero maintinence or breakdown issues.

I love my torrent

by Jan from Shohola PA on Wed Jun 11 2014

It was a gift from my mom and heard some really bad reviews about it. After this winter I trust this car with my life. The roads I drive on are so bad and it handled very well. I felt safe. I also live on a steep incline so with the ice I wasn't sure how the AWD would work but it was wonderful. I agree with people about the turning radius and the cup holder issue but over all I love it

Great Vehicle

by very happy from Oromocto,NB on Sat Aug 19 2006

We purchased the Torrent after having many problems with our Rendezvous. We like the looks of the Torrent as soon as we saw it. Ours is the sport model with AWD and the sun roof is great. We have driven this vehicle now for approxiametly 2 months and no problems. We do not like that the rear door because it hasn't the means of opening just the glass but instead you must opening the whole door which at times things fall out. I would prefer that the emergency brake be a foot brake near the brake. Also it took sometime to deal with the Tacometer being on the right side instead of the left side. I would prefer that the interior lights on the console be a different color than red. The ride of this vehicle and room space is just great, we usually travel with another couple and we are not small people but there is plenty of room.

Most reliable car I ever owned.

by Dave M from Buffalo, NY on Mon Oct 23 2017

This car had plenty of room for Driver, Passengers and cargo. (Soccer Mom). Great Gas Mileage. Cool looking SUV. Just Inspected and again needs nothing. Regular maintenance always on time since I bought it New. Garaged and no rust. Could easily last someone 10 + years if you take care of it like I did..

Nice Dependable Ride

by Mak 219 from Indiana on Sat Apr 29 2017

This Front Wheel Drive SUV took me through a snow storm when other cars were getting stuck in the snow. It had no issues except for your normal maintenance. It was fun to drive for years. It was very dependable. I thoroughly enjoyed driving this SUV. The white color with the dark tinted windows made it a very nice looking vehicle. My only complaint would be that when you scrape the ice and snow off of your windshield in the winter, it made it a little more difficult then normal windshields because of how they had made it. This is a minor detail.

2006 Torrent

by Family Man from South Dakota on Tue Jun 06 2006

I purchased the 2006 Torrent about 4 months ago. It hase been a wonderful car. It drives very nice, has a sedan feel in ride and handling. With AWD it preformed marvioulsly in the early spring snows. The interior flexablity make a perfect fit for long trips with the family to sort runs to lumbar yard. With the sliding back seat adults over 6ft are comfortable in the back seat even on longer drives and a car seat can slide in very easily with out having to adjust the front seats. The V6 feels very peppy and has returned for me better than sticker fuel mileage.

Great first car

by natesoc on Tue Aug 01 2017

I've owned this car now for 5 years. If I could, I would drive it for the rest of time! The gas mileage isn't great, but it's super comfortable, with a massive amount of space!

Best car ( first SUV)

by Susan Kimble from PA on Wed Jul 19 2017

This was the best car I ve had starting with Comfort ending with Reliability it had it all had it for 10 years I put this car through so much and it still runs great with over 155,000 it still going strong .

1 2 3 4