2006 911

2006 Porsche 911

2006 Porsche 911

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2006 Porsche 911?

Carrera 4 Hot Wheels

by Once again Porsche Owner from San Francisco Bay Area on Tue Dec 06 2011

As a previous 911 owner (74 Targa) and regrettably selling in the late '90's, I looked for over six months at late model 911's available on the previous owned market. I came across a posting for a 2006 Carerra 4 with only 9300 miles. The test drive and PPI were without compromise. Since then, the vehicle has been a blast to drive, performs all tasks without hesitation, and I have never second guessed my decision to purchase this used vehicle. My only criticism is the harsh and noisy ride over concrete and rough asphalt. This may be partially due to the tires. If you are considering a used 911 purchase, do your homework on reliability issues, be prepared for high repair costs when they do come up (or purchase a service contract if you don't want to worry), and test drive several vehicles.

Worth more than I paid

by Thero from AZ on Thu Jul 02 2009

I bought this car new in 2006. It has this magic to it when I think it does, when I ask it gives. It is sublime to drive this car, my heart races every time I start it up. It feels as though it is tuned specifically for me and it takes the road like a tuna takes to the ocean. I have driven many cars but none are like the 911. This car is extremely reliable and fun. Keep the others I'm a Porsche fan for life, nothing else even compares for me now.

World Class Car

by PorscheFan from Denver, CO on Thu Sep 23 2010

I have had a Ferrari. But a Porsche is a Porsche. You can actually drive it every day. My Ferrari was not as reliable and was not an every day car. I am hooked. I will never drive anything else but a Porsche 911.

If you love to drive, you can not go wrong.

by Carrera 4 from Myrtle Beach, SC on Mon Oct 01 2012

If you love to drive you will not go wrong with a Porsche. This is my second one and the difference between my 2002 and the "new" 2006 are dramatic. Mine is all wheel drive and it is just simply the best at cornering and hugging the road. I am now drving my dream car. WOW!

Porsche 911 s

by Hot Rod71 from Sam Jose, ca on Wed Jul 25 2012

Hottest car I have ever owned. One word: DEPENDABLE! The thing is built like a tractor. You could plow the farm with them. Obviously, I would never do something like that with a work of art, but if needed, it is capable...

A special spot in my little stable

by I wanna go fast from San Francisco CA on Fri May 22 2009

This is a fast, fun car to drive.. and you'll never have an inferiority complex when you pull up to the A&W. I have a big BMW and an even bigger Brooklands. And i reach for the 4S keys first.

Its a sports car!

by TexGator911 from Houston, TX on Wed Apr 26 2017

Love my 2006 997 Cabriolet. If you have ever wanted a reliable car for a daily driver with the options to get on the track or just live the dream this is it. No - it is not the logical practical choice for hauling the family unless you are a true driver who wants to enjoy and embrace the experience.

Sharpest car around

by Judson from Tupelo, MS on Wed Aug 16 2006

After owning a Boxster, it seemed the next step had to be a 911. But a 911 Carrera 4S!! The car handles like a dream and has more speed than I could ever need. Although the ride is a little rough which you would expect, the double takes from people gawking makes the ride seem less uncomfortable. After owning a MB CL500 and constantly having to repair all its' so called luxury items, the simplicity of the 911 and its' feel for the road makes it exceed one's expectations. There really is... NO SUBSTITUTE!

I agree with Thero from AZ

by Green Monster from on Sun May 28 2017

Bought my 2006 Carrera 3.6L cabriolet in 2017 with 12,350 miles on it - a garage queen, still has the new car smell - cherry. I'm the 2nd owner and have been waiting decades to own it (kids are out of private school, out of college, married and good - whew!). Like Thero, I get a rush every time I fire it up. Built like a tank, drives like a dream, sounds like a monster. My wife even loves it! Buy one. Did you know that 2/3 of all Porsches ever built are still on the road? What a testament to quality!

Head Turner

by Carla from California on Sat Mar 07 2009

This is just a show off car.. everytime i drive this, heads are turning towards me. The sound system of 13 Bose speakers are superb! The triptonic feature is so awesome. The car can be programmed that it beeps when you are over the speedlimit you set.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Porsche 911

The sleek and fast 2006 Porsche 911 C4 sitting in my yard presented an incongruous picture:

It was, like the yard, cloaked in snow. So were all roads leading to civilization.

Beneath all the white was the beauty and utility of this repeat winner of New England Motor Press Association awards for its winter behavior: The ''4" after the ''C" stands for how many wheels get power when needed. That means all of them, and that means snow is no problem.

That's an unusual quality in the world of high-performance cars.

In this often slippery, slick, and snowbound corner of the world, those who prefer their cars to be shaken and stirred at high r.p.m. (but hold the ice) must usually make a seasonal compromise: Can... Read More