2010 Porsche 911

Driving Purity

by from wilmington, DE on December 21, 2012

I recently purchased a pristine 2010 Turbo with just over 4000 miles. I've had 911's in the 70's and 80's, but these new cars have been refined to an incredible level with horsepower and torque to spare. The Germans have figured out a way to make their powering steering a little lighter for slow-speed driving and parking, yet firm up for high speed driving; and you never would know the car had all-wheel drive. The earlier cars I had would cruise at decent speeds but were a little short of torque, the push back in the seat we're used to in this country. No such problem with this car. With 500 hp and 516 lb/ft, with overboost, you can flat embarrass any Mustang, Camaro, or even Corvette that may come along. Fit and finish are excellent as you might suspect from a car costing this much, and the ride is nicely firm but not punishing. The 911's old nemesis, trailing-throttle-oversteer has been almost completely tamed, but if you don't respect the time old Porsche technique of slow-in, fast-out you can still surprise yourself and put your car in jeopardy. My car is a six speed. It shifts smoothly and is really quick. The 7-speed auto-manual has launch control, with the Crono Package, and I've been told a full throttle launch will really open your eyes. I'm looking forward to enjoying my car, and if you're on the fence about getting one you need to do it.

Gt3

by from Nj on April 13, 2011

This car is an absolute animal - yes it's expensive, but you get what you pay for - I've owned 5 m3's , 2 vettes & 2 p cars - all good to great cars - the GT3 raises the bar.

Frst Porsche. Fan forever!

by from Weddington, NC on March 23, 2011

Just moved to Carolina and bought my 911 4S Cab. Great vehicle to enjoy in fair weather state.Performance, handling and aesthetics are top notch. Surprisingly quiet at highway speeds with top up.

Porsche Turbo

by from allover, the world on August 16, 2013

This thing is an absolute thrill ride.. all it needs is a driver to start her up.. the handling is is very predictable and under control, the acceleration is is immediate, the breaks are effective. It is definitely designed to drive fast, and under control with all of the creature comforts that you could ask for

Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

by from Conroe, TX on June 25, 2012

This has been, for many years, the car of my dreams !!! Finally I have the financial freedom to enjoy it. It's performance is beyond reproach...as a matter of fact it is exhilarating !!!

Purest drivers car ever built

by from Fl on January 5, 2012

Telepathic steering, power beyond imagination ! I sometime take her out for zero reason only to drive. I never stop till I'm back in the garage at home.

Going each mile with a smile

by from Pebble Beach, CA on February 24, 2017

The Carrera is not a comfortable car. The quality of interior finish is only par to mid-range cars. The dials and controls are too numerous, poorly positioned and clumsy to operate. There is no Bluetooth connection to music players. There is no back view camera...However, all shortcomings went away the moment you took your Carrara on an open road. The car and you became one creature that is eager to run, to conquer. You ride your Carrera while others drive their cars. The feel and responses are immediate, intimate, and exhilarating. The little convertible never fail to bring a silly smile to this old man. It's magic.

911 Porsche- Amazing and reliable car

by from Alexandria, VA on August 14, 2013

I bought 2002 911 Porsche from Porsche of Arlington and the experience was outstanding. The sales team was very informative and quite accommodating. I was impressed with the information I was given and I left with my car smiling. Additionally, the service department provided superior service and my car was ready even though I gave them a short notice. I would recommend this model and especially Porsche of Arlington. They are stupendous and the service was and is top-quality.

Love my 911

by from Los Angeles, CA on May 15, 2014

I love driving this car it feels solid, I suggest to buy the extended warranty and a diagnostic tool for your ODB II to check the health of your car. The only drawback is that the local roads and highways in Los Angeles area is not maintained by the Los Angeles City/ CALTRAN, so watch out for the potholes.

My Review Of The 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

by from Annapolis, MD on July 30, 2010

The 911 is one of the best sports cars ever made. I love the balance and feel of the steering, I love the usability of it, I love the style of the 911, Performance is good but when you pay $109k ($88k base price) you expect the best but you get just average. Handling is amazing the car feels like it's glued to the road, The steering is just superb. The balance of light and heavy steering (light at low speeds like parking) vs. (heavy at high speeds for better stability). The back does break out at high speed Turing if you don't know what you are doing behind the wheel, but this is not a problem for most 911 owners because they do not reach speeds over 80mph. Style is good, the 911 is a great looking car but doesn't look too rised out, but looks like it's worth $110k. Reliability is amazing, I have owned nine Porsche's in my life from a 87 944 too a 09 911 Carrera 4S, and let me tell you they are some of the most reliable cars on the road, the dealers can be bad it really depends the dealer you go to. Modability isn't great well at least if you compare it to the BMW 6-series or Mercedes-Benz SL, but if you compare to cars like the old Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo than its really good. With the 911's 2+2 set up it's really good for my three month old, but for an adult its impossible for me too sit back there, then again I'm 6ft tall, but my wife who is only 5'4ft tall can't get in the back either but does the back seat really matter in a 911 in a nutshell no, it does not. The reason you buy a 911 is for the driving experience and at that the 911 succeeds! The best advice I can give you is too test drive the Aston Martin Vantage, the Merc SL and also Audi R8, I do not recommend the BMW 6-series because its out of date and you can expect a new one coming soon. The Aston Martin is a great looking car but its slow (0-60 in 4.9 seconds) vs (0-60 4.0 seconds) in the 911 4S. Then again the SL is slower, the SL550 is (0-60 5.3 seconds) . If you are looking for a no compromise 2+2 all wheel drive sports car, than the 911 Carrera 4S is that out right the car you should get. Thank You for reading my review of the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, Let me know what you think of this review tell me at Ross@luckymail.com

Our Expert Review: 2010 Porsche 911