2007 Cayman

2007 Porsche Cayman

2007 Porsche Cayman

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2007 Porsche Cayman?

Cayman S - more fun than barrel of monkeys

by Only owned performance cars from San Jose on Fri Apr 09 2010

Terrific car. Bought an '07 with less than 6K miles on it. Handles great, looks great and slickest gear box I've ever had the pleasure of drive. Good news? Oil/filter only needed to be changed annually or every 12K.

Super fun little car

by First time Porsche owner from Portland, OR on Wed May 28 2014

I've always owned BMW's and this is my first Porsche. I'm blown away by how much fun it is to drive. It's definitely smaller than any car I've owned before, but still comfortable. I'm 6' 2" and it has plenty of headroom. I don't quite sit as low as I would like. When I pull up to stop lights I have to lean down to see the stop light through the front windshield. Small price to pay for such a quick little coupe. So far I haven't minded only having two seats. It makes for a good excuse not to have to give people rides. That said, I love driving again! Granted I'm still in the honeymoon stage right now, I keep looking for reasons to take it out. The average person has no idea what kind of porsche it is. I've had 2 different strangers already compliment me on it, one person asked "Is that a 911?" No.. It's a 987. "Ohhh.." And the best thing? The sound! The engine sounds like a real sports car. It turns heads everywhere I go. I live in portland, and there are thousands of bmws. So far in two weeks I've only seen one other cayman, and when we saw each other we both nodded our heads, like, "Yeah.. You know."

Work of Art

by Rick from Washington, DC on Tue Apr 19 2011

I bought because it's beautiful. In fact, it's so beautiful I am almost afraid to use it. (A client of Frank Lloyd Wright, the legendary architect, was once asked how she felt about the fact that her house leaked. Her reply: "What do you expect when you leave a work of art out in the rain?") But when I do drive out on a beautiful, sunny weekend, it's a joy.

Hard to hold back... it wants to GO !!

by Cobalt Blue from Chicago, IL on Sat Aug 08 2009

Impressive sports car! Great design. Handling is the best- like on rails! Difficult to drive in everyday traffic because it just wants to run... full potential can never be used legally on the roads. May want to upgrade to the "S" model and PDK if $ were not an issue. Spend a lot of time driving one around before you upgrade to that level of $$$, for you may only drive this car on the weekends- traffic congestion makes this car a drag to drive. PASM may help with the stiff ride if that is an issue for you- for you will feel every bump in the pavement without it. Overall- awesome performing, handling, fun car to drive. Lots of looks... great sound! Yes- the engine is a little loud inside the cabin, but that's because of the mid-engine design.

First impressions

by bulldog from Ca on Mon Mar 05 2007

Thumbs up from everyone who see it. Drove 1300 miles home from dealer,through snow and rain. Handled great and was very comfortable. Held 2 small suitcases easily. Great car

Unbeatable for the price

by Porsche Driver from Raleigh, NC on Thu Jan 28 2010

For the price that you can find these used Caymans with the outstanding Porsche Certified warranty, there's no reason to get a new German hot hatchback instead of the real deal. You'll never regret seeing it in your driveway. I also have a pickup truck and the plan is to drive the truck half of the time to keep the Porsche's mileage down... I haven't driven the truck to work since I bought the Porsche... warranty and 2.9% financing... a no brainer...

One word....WOW!

by Mr. Hayabusa from Kentucky on Tue Apr 10 2007

I've had my Cayman S for a month and absolutely love it! For under 70K pretty much loaded up it's a true bargain for a Porsche! Looks just like a 911 and handles better for LESS!! Well, that's it for now, time to go drive my Cayman S!!

Top quality and performance

by Florida Car Nut! from South Florida on Fri Jan 12 2007

Handling and power are wonderful. Fit and finish among the best available. A bit pricey, but this is a Porsche!!

Best car I've ever had.

by kittykat from Rhode Island on Thu Aug 18 2011

The looks are great but the handling is like nothing I've experienced before. A ton of fun to drive. Plenty of power. I like to just sit in it.

Just a dream

by New Cayman Owner from New Your ,NY on Fri Feb 15 2008

Been dreaming of buying a porsche since i was 5. And let me tell you, the wait was SO worth it! Got it with only 450 miles on it. As new as it can get.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2007 Porsche Cayman

The 2007 Porsche Cayman is a special-needs car. It requires a racetrack or, at least, a long stretch of road that can be used as one.

There is no other way to truly appreciate the beauty of this compact sports coupe. My associate, Ria Manglapus, and I tried. We drove it in the suburbs. We drove it in the city. Ria even used it to ferry her two sons, one at a time, to and from school. We were frustrated -- totally, unequivocally.

"It wants to run," I said.

"I would much prefer to drive this one on a racetrack rather than on the road," she said.

Comments from an admiring public didn't help.

"Nice car," a young man said pulling up next to me at a stoplight in the District. "Is that the new one, the base Cayman?"

"Yeah,"... Read More