2014 Cayman

2014 Porsche Cayman

2014 Porsche Cayman

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2014 Porsche Cayman?

What a sports car should be

by FastEd from maryland on Mon Jun 01 2015

Two years, 17,500 miles, and a couple of autocrosses in my 2014 Cayman S have proven it to be a great sports car that is also an enjoyable daily driver. Having previously owned a 2005 911S Cabriolet, I had some reservation about "dropping down" to a Cayman S. Ha!! This car outperforms my former 911S in every way, other than the two mini back seats that my daughters outgrew by the time the oldest was 10. And I am now a mid-engine convert. At my first autocross event, I was hitting 1.15+ g's as measured on the sport chrono, with the kind of lateral handling and nimbleness that no car with an engine in the front or back could hope to match. The only sports car I would recommend over the Cayman S would be a Cayman GTS or GT4. And please.....don't give up one of the most enjoyable 6-speed manuals in the world for the PDK. Whatever theoretical advantage the PDK with launch control has on paper, the 6-speed puts a REAL smile on your face with every self performed shift (for $4k less).

The Basic is Even Awesome

by Ramjet from Louisvile, KY on Mon Apr 14 2014

I ordered a Cayman Basic and I can tell you it was an excellent choice. The amenities are costly, but you get what you par for in premium cars. The 275 h.p. is more than enough power and the cars handles even better than BMW's. The only drawback is 19 and 20" tires scoot from a dead stop when turned all the way to right or left. But you will have that in all cars with those type of wheels. I highly recommend the PDK transmission which is awesome, Bose Surround System, and the PCM.

The Best Car I have ever driven period.

by Tuan Nguyen from Houston, TX on Wed Feb 28 2018

Porsche has always been my dream car. I see it a reliable and practical daily sport luxury car, and some what exotic to me. And now I bought one, everything I was expected was met and more. It's a Porsche, enough said.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PORSCHE EVER

by ERSANEL from RENO, NV on Fri Feb 20 2015

Cayman S is suicidal model for Porsche. With this price and all the power and luxury that is offered by Cayman S, why would you want to buy any other Porsche model. This mid engine perfectly balanced light sports car will never be beaten by any other sports car manufacturer. Beautiful performance and excellent inside and outside appearance. 5 stars

1st Sports car I ever owned.

by Fast Fun from Nassau, NY on Mon Nov 03 2014

The Porsche Cayman is the first sports car I ever owned. I spent a lot of time online and looking at different models, colors, options. Doing it online made looking at hundreds of different cars for home easy. Went on 2 test drives before I found and picked out the Porsche I now own. I really like this web site made buying a car a whole lot easier for me. I love the Porsche PDK on it went with the s model 3.4L in Red. It handles the road very well no problems.

love my car

by love my car from san jose, ca on Tue Aug 12 2014

I wanted a fun car to tool around in and have been thrilled with my 2014 cayman. It is very confortable and fun to drive. The only down side is that you really want to go fast when driving it. I live in the Bay Area where the roads are congested. Still a lot of fun, especially on the curvy mountain roads.

2014 Caymen"S" a truly Phenominal Car

by Phrog driver from on Thu May 04 2017

Looks, performance , this car has it all. As a former USMC Pilot, I'm still trying to figure out all the Bells and Whistles....... More buttons and switches than a CH-46 Helo. Sports Chrono, PDK and and 325 hp W Borla exhaust is a winning package, Still love my '58 SPEEDSTER which I purchased in 1963...Then and know, German's build top notch automobiles!!!!

Most Fun I've Had in a Car

by DrM from Battle Creek on Sun Apr 16 2017

This car is amazingly fun to drive. Corners are amazing. Not the fastest car off the line, but can't beat the perfect balance in corners. So much fun to drive.

Extremely fun daily driver

by W from Orlando, FL on Wed Nov 01 2017

The Porsche Cayman is an extremely comfortable little sports car with a surprising amount of storage space. Not expecting the capacity of a minivan, I was still surprised how daily drivable this car is.

The total package!

by Kbgators from Gainesville, FL on Sun Jul 16 2017

The Cayman is mid-engine, light weight and has a great engine! Driving the Cayman always leaves a smile on my face. The only flaw I feel is the lack of power compared to the 911. The interior feels driver focused but has all the comforts of a luxury vehicle.

1 2

Our Take on the 2014 Porsche Cayman

The redesigned 2014 Porsche Cayman is more luxurious than its predecessor, but performance-car purists will lament its diluted steering feel.

The Cayman is Porsche's entry-level coupe, if you can call a car that starts at $53,550 (including a $950 destination charge) entry-level. Unlike the iconic rear-engine 911, the Cayman is a mid-engined car like the Boxster, its soft-top convertible sibling.

The all-new 2014 Cayman weighs less and is more efficient than its predecessor, and power is up slightly. It also gets a richer interior. To see the 2014 model's specs compared with the 2012 (the Cayman skipped the 2013 model year), click here.

We tested a manual-transmission Cayman S, which comes with... Read More