2017 Porsche Macan consumer reviews

$47,500 starting MSRP
side view of 2017 Macan Porsche
Explore the 2017 Porsche Macan
Shop the 2017 Porsche Macan

Most fun to drive in its category

I bought the Base model and has been surprised how good it is compared to better trims among Macan's core competitors in F-Pace, GLC and SQ5. When making the purchase decision, I test drove almost all the competitors and realized that Macan is definitely most fun to drive SUV. I did give up on some better interiors of cars like Land Rover Range Rover Velar, F-Pace but the added value of driving quality is far superior. One thing that I would recommend Porsche to add is Android Auto. It is shocking how poor Porsche's tech is compared to its rivals. Overall, this is a really good value for money if you live in a big city, but like to go on road trips every now and then.

Not your Daddies Chevy

We bought CPO with 26k off 1 year lease. We test drove a couple of S models and although 1 second faster to 60mph the Base 4 cyl turbo loaded with options gets us there as fast as we can go. Although not head snapping you will go 110 mph before you know it. Open road in Wyoming topped out at 137 felt like 60. It’s everything we could have wanted. Compared to Audi, BMW, Jag, Volvo, Mercedes the 2017 Macan Base checked all our boxes. Porsche reliability? I’ve heard horror stories but with 66 k have had only normal maintenance plus 2 minor recalls. Hey it’s a Porsche not a Chevy, Vets aren’t cheap to fix either and they aren’t a Porsche!

Porsche—a choice you can’t regret!

Best comfortable sport looking car. Ready to shine other cars by over performing other vehicle. No maintenance problems. Easy to handle in traffic and mountains are no problems to drive on. Engine very powerful but reliable.

I love this car

The interior is beautiful and the seats are so comfortable, it drives so smooth. I love it!! The exterior is beautiful too!! Very pleased with the quality of this car.

What is not to LOVE!

I love my Porsche Macan GTS! It's stylish, well equipped, gets me where I need to go, when I need to get there. Comfortable seating, very smooth ride, hugs the road, great steering feel and I just love the weight and feel of this car! Has plenty of room and meets all my travel and hauling needs ... groceries, passengers, dogs etc. And, it's fast ... Varoom!

Best car I've ever owned.

This car is a bullet. But it is also luxurious and practical. Heck, it even came with a factory trailer hitch! I hate when a day goes by that I don't get to drive it.

4.5

Macan GTS

We were looking at the Macan S, and the GTS package seems like a better option for us. While the handling of the S was very good, the GTS takes it to another level and the SPort Plus option allows for a sports care like experience. Very impressed with the vehicle.

Best of the best

Go to Porsche Grapevine. Paul and Teiryn both go above and beyond to find the right vehicle for you. No hassle, No sleezy car salespeople here! I won’t go to any other Porsche dealership. I love my Macan!

Exceptional car!!!!

Nicest car I’ve ever driven. Make well, handles amazing , sporty, fun, feels like you are floating when driving. So smooth!!! Turning radius is fantastic, hugs turns and interior is perfect. Very roomy and plenty of diacritics for a comfortable feel.

A beast!

What an amazing automobile! Styling, performance, value...it doesn't get any better! This was our compromise baby car as I wanted a 911 and my wife wanted an SUV...here it is!