2017 Macan

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The Ultimate Macan

by JoJoDriver from Westlake Village, CA on April 6, 2017

I test drove all competitors products in this segment, i.e., mid size luxury SUV. I was looking for an SUV that had style and practicality. However, my first priority was driving dynamics, handling, fun to drive aspect, and the overall feeling you get when you are in the vehicle. Without a doubt, compared to the competition, no SUV came close to the Porsche Macan. Furthermore, in my opinion, the base Macan with the turbo 2 litre engine was the best of the Macan lineup. Yes the Macan S and the Macan GTS are much more powerful vehicles with 0 to 60 times like a that of a muscle car. But where other than a race track would anyone use that power. More importantly, the base Macan feels lighter and more responsive in corners and is a better solution for driving fun in the real world and within the confines of speed limits. Nevertheless, driving a base Macan through canyons and twisty road allows for a perfect blend of power and handling offered by the 2 litre turbo. It never runs out of power and it handles better than the other Macans. So I recommend saving the money and adding more fun.

Everything you want from a Porsche

by LarrynCarrie from Redmond, Oregon on May 1, 2017

My last Porsche was a 96 911 targa and I loved it but as time went by and the family grew so went the 911. Recently bought the Macan and wow has Porsche stepped up to the plate in terms of high tech in every way from handling to electronics. This car begs to be driven and even though it has enough room for 4 possibly 5 it handles like a real sports car. The power is amazing and the transmission shifts so fast and precise, I will never go back to a manual. Very happy with the car, build quality is superb, visibility is perfect and handling is...well, lets say it's what the badge implies, pure Porsche.

Awesome SUV!!!

by Birdie man from on April 10, 2017

Love the user friendly interior and the exterior looks great. The style is 10 years ahead of other manufacturers. It drives well and you are in total control. The Macan is built with care and is very well balanced.

Owned them all, this is the best of all.

by MurMan from Charleston, SC on July 13, 2017

From looks to performance, I've enjoyed the whole experience. I've been driving 64 years, & this is the most complete experience to date. It's spacious and gives acceleration when asked for. Let me add that my wife loves it, so , that's a plus.

Day One

by AndyS from on May 2, 2017

After 24 hours love it. The apple interface takes some time to get used to but once set up is awesome. The car in sport or sport plus mode is a blast.

Beautiful Car

by RobinW from Santa Ana, CA on April 2, 2017

For the money, the Macan delivers the performance you expect from a more expensive car. It's a beautiful ride!

Surprisingly smooth ride, plenty of power

by Dency from Fremont, WI on September 15, 2017

This is Macan S model, 340HP, feels stronger than that. Much roomier inside than it looks, high quality interior materials, staggering amount of electronic features and buttons, great visibility all directions, twin glass roofs, precision shifting 7 speed automatic, extra fun in sport mode. Back seat room tight, who cares? Love it.

My First Porsche SUV

by Happy Owner from Tulsa, OK on April 10, 2018

Having owned 3 911s over the past 30 years, when it came time to replace my VW GTI, I wanted to consider a luxury SUV. The Macan shares a lot of structure with the Audi Q5 but I preferred the looks of the Porsche and the engine and suspension are unique to the Macan. I found a dealer loaner for a nice discount off MSRP. I got the base engine which has all the power I need for a sporty driving style and the premium plus safety package which the main reason to abandon the 2009 VW. Luxury features are great. Rear seat legroom is a bit tight but seats are very comfortable and it's rare that I have rear seat passengers. Cargo area with all seats up is not as spacious as the Q5, but, again, there's plenty of room for two passengers' gear on a trip.

This is the new 3-series wagon

by DLBedfordNH from New Hampshire on July 23, 2017

TL;DR version: I only drove the S6 and own a 2017 340i xDrive. The GTS handles far better than either one. Long version: After driving my 2011 RX-8 R3 for 5 years, I wanted a different car that I can enjoy with may family of 5. The RX-8 was very reliable, but since I only put 23,000 miles on it or so, longevity was never tested. If I had only 2 kids, the back seats of the RX-8 would have fit a pair of average-sized adults fine for trips less than, say, 2 hours long. So yeah, I am fond of that car. I drove an S6 (2017) first. The power was intoxicating. The interior was perfect. The craftsmanship was befitting the $80k price tag (Arras Red, Sports Package, Panther Black paint ... YUM). But, even after two test drives, I was left feeling like something was wrong with the steering. It was accurate, well-weighed, and adjustable. I just could not pull the trigger. Then I decided to branch out. Even though C&D gave a scathing review of the Lexus GS350 F Sport, MT was much kinder. I drove it. It was even more underwhelming. Perhaps Lexus wanted too much to impart a "sporty" feel, but it was not that quiet, it was not that comfortable, yet it was still numb. I actually bought a 340i the next day. The steering was about the same as the S6 -- very precise, very numb. However, it was actually quieter and more comfortable than the Lexus! And the 340 was way quicker. Since the one I tested came with a stick shift, AND (as a result of the stick shift?) the dealer gave me a huge discount (less than 100 miles on the odometer), its higher sticker (than the Lexus) came in under the (after discount) Lexus price. After driving it for a few months, I kind of got used to its steering, and just settled with (what I though was) the fact of life with modern luxury "sports" sedans. My frame of reference, in addition to the RX-8, were a 2009 (new then) 328i xDrive and numerous other Mazda cars. The RX-8 was one of the best electric steering setups. Considering it came out in 2003, it's amazing that a car that inexpensive had the electric steering figured out that early. I don't like SUVs. But the Jaguar F Pace reviews were spectacular. The electric failures -- typical of Jags -- seemed equally spectacular in the reviews. Then Porsche Macan GTS came out. I did not care to be seen in a Porsche, so an SUV Porsche already had two strikes against it. However, the reviews were just so good! I drove one, then I bought one the next day. Its handling gave me hope again. I imagine the F Pace and Giulia QV are the only two that can rival the GTS in its combination of handling, power, and luxury features. The QV seems like it's failing left and right already. The fact that it left an MT editor stranded in the middle of the street (due to faulty start-stop system that failed to start again. OOPS!) left me so cold. Even a weekend toy should not leave you stranded these days! If you are thinking about cars like the S6, M3, etc, try the GTS too! It'll be one of the most fun luxury wagons you'll drive.

It's perfect car for me .

by Sy Wang's car on August 21, 2017

This car is perfect for me,I love it, not because performance only, looks great and makes you very happy.

1 2 3 4